Starters who need to be replaced

bananathumb

How about a legitimate offensive coordinator, once who is not afraid of play action plays and an aggressive coaching staff with some enthusiasm, our coaching staff looked scared during our last drive.

How about a legitimate offensive coordinator, once who is not afraid of play action plays and an aggressive coaching staff with some enthusiasm, our coaching staff looked scared during our last drive.

Seriously, what is the deal with play action? How can any legitimate OC not use it?

We do like to use the fullback occasionally. There is this one specific deceptive play that we run sometimes on short yardage (when we don't employ the empty backfield). Anyway on this particular play the FB and RB are lined up in I formation directly behind the QB. Now the deceptive part...we take a TE and motion him left or right and he stops and kind of runs in place (more of a shuffle really) behind either the left or right guard and tackle. Here's were the deception really kicks in...at the snap the QB pivots and the FB fires out to the side of the line that contains the shuffling TE. The QB hands the ball off to the RB and he then follows the FB who's hanging out with the TE. The defense tends to congregate in that same space so everyone gets together and moshes around until the RB is dropped for a loss.

Watch for this play on Sunday!!!!!!!!!!

That's my favorite play/sarcasm off

We do like to use the fullback occasionally. There is this one specific deceptive play that we run sometimes on short yardage (when we don't employ the empty backfield). Anyway on this particular play the FB and RB are lined up in I formation directly behind the QB. Now the deceptive part...we take a TE and motion him left or right and he stops and kind of runs in place (more of a shuffle really) behind either the left or right guard and tackle. Here's were the deception really kicks in...at the snap the QB pivots and the FB fires out to the side of the line that contains the shuffling TE. The QB hands the ball off to the RB and he then follows the FB who's hanging out with the TE. The defense tends to congregate in that same space so everyone gets together and moshes around until the RB is dropped for a loss.

I KNOW, I am always on the edge of my seat on that play.........is it play action with Evans deep? A screen to the OTHER side? Maybe a quick out/jump ball for Hardy away from the mosh pit? Maybe they will just call time out? The possibilities are ENDLESS!!!!

Oh, never mind, Evans doesnt go deep, our screens are really backwards laterals, and Hardy apparently sucks. I say call time out.

Well, it's time to talk about next season already... sadly, when we figured playoffs for sure this year.

After watching recent play, which starters need to be upgraded through the draft or free agency?

I would put Kelsay at the top, with a C second, an OLB third.

link to my list of starters that need to be replaced:

http://www.buffalobills.com/team/depth-chart-list.html

Remember, Crowell comes back next year and our LB crew is immediately upgraded.

Crowell will not be in a Bills uniform next year. He is an unrestricted free agent after this year and there is just no way the Bills resign him. With our luck he'll go to a team like Miami and kill us for the next 4 years.

On a brighter note - yeah Schoebel makes a lot of money, look at our sack numbers with him in and without him. The man has gotten quite a lot of sacks over the last 4 years and seeing how everyone here is a football genuis you should all know that when Aaron is in, he gets double teamed, that means freeing up open blitzers or the D tackles to make plays in the backfield. Yeah he hasn't had great numbers this year when he has been in, but the rest of the D-line had MUCH better numbers. Do you guys watch these games, like seriously?? Ellis is awful and way undersized, Denney and Kelsay have got to go. Schoebel stays - we are -10 in turnovers when he is out, and even when he is in....pressure on the QB creates turnovers....we NEED Schoebel.

Peters is fine, he will get back to form. I like 3/5's of our O-line. We need a better right tackle (although Butler played well on Sunday) and a new Center - Preston got blown up by Rogers.

Defensively we also need another LB and a new Free Safety, DE is obvious. Offensively we have good WR's they just need time and we have all the pieces needed there - patience my friends, patience.

Crowell will not be in a Bills uniform next year. He is an unrestricted free agent after this year and there is just no way the Bills resign him. With our luck he'll go to a team like Miami and kill us for the next 4 years.

On a brighter note - yeah Schoebel makes a lot of money, look at our sack numbers with him in and without him. The man has gotten quite a lot of sacks over the last 4 years and seeing how everyone here is a football genuis you should all know that when Aaron is in, he gets double teamed, that means freeing up open blitzers or the D tackles to make plays in the backfield. Yeah he hasn't had great numbers this year when he has been in, but the rest of the D-line had MUCH better numbers. Do you guys watch these games, like seriously?? Ellis is awful and way undersized, Denney and Kelsay have got to go. Schoebel stays - we are -10 in turnovers when he is out, and even when he is in....pressure on the QB creates turnovers....we NEED Schoebel.

Peters is fine, he will get back to form. I like 3/5's of our O-line. We need a better right tackle (although Butler played well on Sunday) and a new Center - Preston got blown up by Rogers.

Defensively we also need another LB and a new Free Safety, DE is obvious. Offensively we have good WR's they just need time and we have all the pieces needed there - patience my friends, patience.

When is the last time you saw Schobel get double teamed? I don't think I've seen that once. He simply is not that good.

Do you think it's some huge coincidence that we have 2 sacks since Schoebel has been hurt? He does get double teamed, he has good technique and is worth the money that we pay him.

I don't know if he's truly worth what we're paying him, but he's the best pass rushing down lineman we've got, so he's not going anywhere.

I don't think I know which play you're talking about... B-)

QB!!!

After the terrible play of the QB position for the last 5 weeks, I would say that if the "HEAD" on # 5's shoulders isn't examined for possible "Chuck Knoblauch" disease (inability/afraid to throw it downfield), something needs to be done. The QB position is down the list in a long line of positions that need to be upgraded.

In no particular order: HEAD COACH and STAFF, TE, DE, DL, OLB, FS, OC, FB (if we keep one) and WR #1 or #2 depending on how you look at it.

What this team really needs is a playmaker on defense, someone that can change the course of the game at any given moment. This team has been lacking that for a long long time. They need a similar threat on offense too but right now they might have one or two of them, they just aren't being utilized properly.

Well, it's time to talk about next season already... sadly, when we figured playoffs for sure this year.

After watching recent play, which starters need to be upgraded through the draft or free agency?

I would put Kelsay at the top, with a C second, an OLB third.

RG, C, SLB, and we need an experience QB to backup TE.