Could Edwards get the hook?

THEPINBALL89

Would "I play to not lose" coach pull the hook if Trent struggles this week, and insert JP at half or sooner?

Let me take a different angle on this...

Is giving Trent the hook the right move? Go ask yourself what a great head coach like Bill Cowher or Jeff Fisher would do.

Is it the wrong move? Go ask yourself what lousy head coach like Dick Jauron would do.

Cowher and Fisher would promptly sit their turnover machine for the betterment of the greater team goal of getting to the playoffs. You remember those lofty goals right Bills fans?

Jauron would show an undying faith and resolve and keep the quivering turnover machine under center to the detriment of the greater team goal of getting to the playoffs.

Is giving Trent the hook the right move? Go ask yourself what a great head coach like Bill Cowher or Jeff Fisher would do.

Is it the wrong move? Go ask yourself what lousy head coach like Dick Jauron would do.

Cowher and Fisher would promptly sit their turnover machine for the betterment of the greater team goal of getting to the playoffs. You remember those lofty goals right Bills fans?

Jauron would show an undying faith and resolve and keep the quivering turnover machine under center to the detriment of the greater team goal of getting to the playoffs.

our playoff chances are OVER lets play the kid and see what he has or hasnt

So with the exception of the QB play, you seriously think this is a playoff caliber team?

our playoff chances are OVER lets play the kid and see what he has or hasnt

Look at what happened to the Giants last season, from 4-4 all the way to the top.

Look at how fast we went from the penthouse to the basement this year.

Sure, let Edwards start in KC. But if he doesn't have "it" early then JP Losman should be given the chance to lead this team to whatever it can be lead to. If they win start Losman till if or when they ever got to 7 losses. Then I'd have no problem starting Edwards the rest of the season because the season truly would be over.

I think you're confusing Cowher & Fisher with Mike Mularkey.

I think the opposite is more likely...Cowher & Fisher would keep playing the QB because he clearly has the right talent to lead the team and the slump he's in would be worked out of him by coaching and the support of his teammates. Perhaps the slump would end quicker than 4 weeks, but it would end nevertheless.

Mularkey would sit the young, ineffective QB because he wanted wins to save his job.

I agree, pulling Trent would have given him a chance to settle down.

Leaving a QB in after 3 ints in 15 minutes with no self confidence remaining was wrong.

Bring in JP or Hamden who could have changed things up and provided a bit of a spark...give yourself a chance to win the game and keep your playoff run alive. I do belive Trent would have understood and would have put the team in front of

his own needs.

Honestly, id keep Edwards in there rest of the year no matter what and I'd play all the rookies rest of the year. Id play Reggie Corner & McKelvin a lot more. Id let Steve Johnson & Hardy play along side Evans......

And in return we wont have to sit for a while until the Bills pick in the NFL draft. Yet another year down the shitta

Really? Is that what he did last year with Losman?

Jauron has switched quarterbacks plenty throughout his career...he did it in Chicago, and he did it last year. I have no idea where your theory is coming from.

So with the exception of the QB play, you seriously think this is a playoff caliber team?

Yes. Anything can happen in football and there are always surprise teams that make a late surge for a wildcard. However, a Jauron coached team doing this would be the biggest surprise of all though. I admit that it is a stretch to believe in this.

I agree, pulling Trent would have given him a chance to settle down.

Leaving a QB in after 3 ints in 15 minutes with no self confidence remaining was wrong.

Bring in JP or Hamden who could have changed things up and provided a bit of a spark...give yourself a chance to win the game and keep your playoff run alive. I do belive Trent would have understood and would have put the team in front of

his own needs.

I think Trent does this already....that's not an issue.

I would have been ok with sitting him for a few series just to calm him down, but I like the flip side better....keep him in the game so he gets right back in the saddle and works things out. Isn't this (partially) the tough love that some of us have been asking for? Basically, it's Jauron, Turk, & AVP saying "We have your back and so do your teammates. Go out there and lead the comeback."

Besides, JP would have been the only guy to come in. Hamdan can't play unless Trent & JP are hurt...the 3rd QB (by rule) is an emergency QB.

Really? Is that what he did last year with Losman?

Jauron has switched quarterbacks plenty throughout his career...he did it in Chicago, and he did it last year. I have no idea where your theory is coming from.

Ahhhh, but Trent Edwards is the exception for Dick Jauron. He is the chosen one. He trumps all. If he is on the bench he should replace the starter. If he is the starter he should stay in there no matter how bad the 10 turnover nosedive is.

Ask Lindell what he thinks about that.

And that's supposed to mean......???

I'm sure Lindell would have loved to get closer to the goal posts, but I'm also sure he had every bit of confidence that he could nail a 47-yarder. Not like he hasn't done that before.

And that's supposed to mean......???

I'm sure Lindell would have loved to get closer to the goal posts, but I'm also sure he had every bit of confidence that he could nail a 47-yarder. Not like he hasn't done that before.

Trent pointed out in the presser how Nick Folk made a 50 yarder last year. All class Trent.

The same Giants that saw flashes in Eli here and there being a good QB? We've seen more flashes of a good QB in Trent than the Giants in Eli and JP. If you can't see that you are blind.

I said that the Bills can start Edwards in KC, but if he doesn't have "it" to bench him in an attempt to try and save the season.

I don't care who the QB is, just as long as the Bills try everything they can to get the job done.