Maybe the explosives article was a plant

This missing weapons story has me thinking….. is it possible that the information was given to the NYT and CBS by a republican operative? Well lets just consider the information that we have.

1) The story originally broke back in April 2003.

2) An NBC news crew that was embedded with the Army visited the site on 4-10-03 and said that there were no explosives stored there. They were gone.

3) The story was offered to both CBS, and the NYT

4) CBS planned to run the story on 10-31-04 just before the election

5) NYT beat them to the punch and outted the story yesterday.

Now here is the way I see it, and why I think the story was leaked to these left leaning news organizations. First I think that the environment inside these two organizations (and others but maybe to a lesser extent) are so fiercely anti GWB that they are just salivating at the chance to break a story, any story that will give their beloved Vietnam hero kerry some more ammunition. Couple this with the fact that the IAEA also would like nothing more then to humiliate GWB just before the election and you have an animal that is ready to gorge on some fresh red meat.

Sounds too far fetched? Well just ask yourself, why didn’t these guys do even a tiny amount of research and see if the story they were fed, is even remotely true. The only possible answer is that they were blinded by their willingness to pop a negative story on GWB and friends.

By the way, there has been NO recanting of this story whatsoever by the NYT and NO apology from the kerry campaign after both he and edwards lashed out with this hot off the press NYT article yesterday.

Also, did you notice how Clinton made no such mention of this yesterday? Hmmmmmm

Maybe he and his cronies planted the story. Just a thought, but something to consider.

Hmmm, I think you got something there.  My dog said the exact same thing.

86226[/snapback]

Smart dog. and I had you figured as a pomerainian owner. You know ones of those stupid little rat dogs that run around all day yipping, and nipping at virtually nothing. yea, that kind...that would seem to fit your personality just right.

This missing weapons story has me thinking….. is it possible that the information was given to the NYT and CBS by a republican operative? Well lets just consider the information that we have.

1) The story originally broke back in April 2003.

2) An NBC news crew that was embedded with the Army visited the site on 4-10-03 and said that there were no explosives stored there. They were gone.

3) The story was offered to both CBS, and the NYT

4) CBS planned to run the story on 10-31-04 just before the election

5) NYT beat them to the punch and outted the story yesterday.

Now here is the way I see it, and why I think the story was leaked to these left leaning news organizations. First I think that the environment inside these two organizations (and others but maybe to a lesser extent) are so fiercely anti GWB that they are just salivating at the chance to break a story, any story that will give their beloved Vietnam hero kerry some more ammunition. Couple this with the fact that the IAEA also would like nothing more then to humiliate GWB just before the election and you have an animal that is ready to gorge on some fresh red meat.

Sounds too far fetched? Well just ask yourself, why didn’t these guys do even a tiny amount of research and see if the story they were fed, is even remotely true. The only possible answer is that they were blinded by their willingness to pop a negative story on GWB and friends.

By the way, there has been NO recanting of this story whatsoever by the NYT and NO apology from the kerry campaign after both he and edwards lashed out with this hot off the press NYT article yesterday.

Also, did you notice how Clinton made no such mention of this yesterday? Hmmmmmm

Maybe he and his cronies planted the story. Just a thought, but something to consider.

86210[/snapback]

So, in the beginning part of your post, you say that it could be a Republican operative. By the end of your post, you are saying it could be a Clintonista.

Talk about taking both extremes in the same post. You sound like Kerry.

Smart dog. and I had you figured as a pomerainian owner. You know ones of those stupid little rat dogs that run around all day yipping, and nipping at virtually nothing. yea, that kind...that would seem to fit your personality just right.

86235[/snapback]

Really? I figured stevestojan head tzu.

So, in the beginning part of your post, you say that it could be a Republican operative. By the end of your post, you are saying it could be a Clintonista.

Talk about taking both extremes in the same post. You sound like Kerry.

86237[/snapback]

well actually the post is about the fact that the story was fed to these willing participants, and that their hate for GWB and their willingness to bust his nuts has once again led them down a path of embarassment.

I was not substituting clinton for a republican plant, just throwing out the fact that i thought it was interesting how on the first appearance he made with kerry, he did not mention this story...but kerry made it the centerpiece of his speech. Just one of those things that make you go....Hmmmmmmmmm

Or at least a personality.  :D

86449[/snapback]

Hilarious. Truly.

This is a good system, one makes a comment then another can come in later to say "good one." That way you can get mutual affirmation.

Have you tried "I know you are but what am I?" That's even more clever.

I can take as well as I can dish it. However, you have a weak character trait to tell me how I feel and take liberties about what I think in order to fight that ghost. For instance, you pretend or lie that I objected to Rich's humor (it was pretty clever - especially for Rich) when in fact I will just give it right back to him. I retorted to your "me too" post with quick observation about how you both are (somewhat ironically) very much alike. I can expand on it if you'd like.

Now back to "Conspiracy Theatre" brought to you by the Trilateral Commission.

Hilarious.  Truly.

This is a good system, one makes a comment then another can come in later to say "good one."  That way you can get mutual affirmation. 

Have you tried "I know you are but what am I?"  That's even more clever. 

I can take as well as I can dish it.  However, you have a weak character trait to tell me how I feel and take liberties about what I think in order to fight that ghost.  For instance, you pretend or lie that I objected to Rich's humor (it was pretty clever - especially for Rich) when in fact I will just give it right back to him.  I retorted to your "me too"  post with quick observation about how you both are (somewhat ironically) very much alike.  I can expand on it if you'd like.   

86706[/snapback]

You need to cut them some slack my friend. Remember this thread was started by a guy who boasts of being a thief and by now he's probably hearing footsteps from the various agencies who will catch up with him some day. The other one, well, imagine what his life must be like.

When they forget their meds, they just don't make much sense.

You need to cut them some slack my friend.  Remember this thread was started by a guy who boasts of being a thief and by now he's probably hearing footsteps from the various agencies who will catch up with him some day.  The other one, well, imagine what his life must be like. 

86760[/snapback]

No worries of agencies here sweet pea. You misunderstand my so called theft of direct TV. See the signal or service as you may, is not being stolen. I am simply useing a card that was given to me by a regional representitive of direct TV. This card allows 100% full access to all of the services that direct Tv provides including high speed internet access which I do not use. It is not unlike the same type of arrangement that they have with many electronic stores and such.

So technically, i did nothing to "steal" the signal as you continue to assert. I just thought that I would clear that up. By the way, this subject came up well before your time here and the point was that those who steal, or pirate sattelite or cable end up costing the typical consumer money because the rates have to be adjusted to compensate. I challenge you or anyone else on this board to tell me how this free service that I was given has effected the price of service to any other customer. The fact of the matter is, there is absolutely no effect whatsoever. ZSero, Zip, NADA.....so sorry babe.........your rants are rather empty.

You need to cut them some slack my friend.  Remember this thread was started by a guy who boasts of being a thief and by now he's probably hearing footsteps from the various agencies who will catch up with him some day.  The other one, well, imagine what his life must be like. 

86760[/snapback]

Debbie, debbie, debbie.

Will you ever learn? You and Rich are the same. Only different.

Hilarious.  Truly.

This is a good system, one makes a comment then another can come in later to say "good one."  That way you can get mutual affirmation. 

Have you tried "I know you are but what am I?"  That's even more clever. 

I can take as well as I can dish it.  However, you have a weak character trait to tell me how I feel and take liberties about what I think in order to fight that ghost.  For instance, you pretend or lie that I objected to Rich's humor (it was pretty clever - especially for Rich) when in fact I will just give it right back to him.  I retorted to your "me too"  post with quick observation about how you both are (somewhat ironically) very much alike.  I can expand on it if you'd like.   

86706[/snapback]

I was actually referring to your criticism of OGT in another thread, but your ability to comprehend nuance has never been very strong. The only thing sadder than that is your continued attempts to pin the same weak points and Debbie jumping on like the little slobbering ankle biter that she is.

Conspiracies imply competence. Shoots that whole theory out of the water.

I was actually referring to your criticism of OGT in another thread, but your ability to comprehend nuance has never been very strong.  The only thing sadder than that is your continued attempts to pin the same weak points and Debbie jumping on like the little slobbering ankle biter that she is.

Conspiracies imply competence.  Shoots that whole theory out of the water.

86893[/snapback]

Sorry, mindreading and codebreaking vague, nuanced references to previous threads was never my strong suit. Then again, making a credible argument was never yours.

Sorry, mindreading and codebreaking vague, nuanced references to previous threads was never my strong suit.  Then again, making a credible argument was never yours.

86911[/snapback]

Thanks again for your opinion. I'll try and remember that your short term memory isn't as heightened as your arrogance.