After 46 years, I still underestimate this team...

ajflutie

I truly underestimated this team....on Saturday I was explaining to my brother-in-law how I knew the Browns would win. Honestly, I could already hear the announcers...

- "say what you will, but Jammal Lewis calling out this team last week, combined with a wonderful performance by rookie Brady Quinn, has fired this team up and tonight they walk away with a resounding victory over the woeful looking Buffalo Bills....or

- "there was no quit in the Browns tonight!", or maybe a little

- "Romeo C came out and had a wonderful game plan for his exciting rookie Brady Quinn....together tonight they looked like Tony Dungy and Payton Manning"....and certainly,

- "the Bills fans have just about emptied out now folks"

......you know the deal, you have heard it 100 times........well, maybe 2-300, depends how long you been around....

BUT, that wasn't the case! We actually played better than I though we would, or else Cleveland sucks more than I thought! Believe it or not.

I have watched this team since 1962, when I was 7 (not sure what the hell I did between 5 and 7, I think rooted for the Titans in hopes they would sign Farve)..........in any case, I knew going in they would lose this game. Here is why,

#1 - it was on the big Monday night stage,

#2 - Cleveland was in an uproar about whatever the hell they are in an uproar about, and, last but not least,

#3 - it was a "must win" situation for us. LOL. Right.

Simply PERFECT setup for the Bills to f#up! For them to rip our hearts out once again!

Funny thing is, you usually need about 5-10 min of football to "know" if the Bills are going to win or lose. Thank god Trent settled that one early for me tonight, or I would have been worried that Lyndell was going to actually make the kick.......

I honestly have NO idea why I even pay extra $ to Direct TV to watch them........I do love the shots of Niagara Falls....especially at night.....

Actually, there are so many more important things to worry about......

Please sign this Petition to Raise Awareness of Childhood Cancer

I honestly have NO idea why I even pay extra $ to Direct TV to watch them...

Well this is the last Year Direct TV is getting My hard earned cash...I'm done with spending that kind of money to watch this bunch of losers...I only get it to watch The Bills anyway...It's like spending cash to be miserable...At this point it's just plain dumb...

I'll always love this Team...I will be a lifelong Bills Fan...I'll always follow this Team here at TBD...But I'm done spending money just to watch them lose Year after Year...Something broke in Me Last Night...Enough is enough...For whatever reason...Whether it be God, Budda...someone up there hates The Bills...They are jinxed and I don't know why...And I'm done trying to figure it out...

I mean...Just look at the evidence from ONE Game...Last night starts with a tipped Pass INT...Bills DB's have 2 chances to make Game turning, maybe even Game winning INT's in the 4th Quarter and cant make the catch (albeit both would have been spectacular catches...But those type of catches are made in the NFL every week), there's the brutal Roughness Penalty that allows Cleveland to get into long FG Range, the Browns Kicker hits a 56 freakng Yard FG (Wind or not...it's 56 freaking Yards!!!), the Bills play for a 47 yard FG (that's right it's 47 Yards) and no one is surprised when it goes Wide right...Now think back to Last years Monday Night Game and just try to tell Me there is no devine intervention against The Bills...

It's gotten to the point now where watching The Bills is about equal to self torture...It's stupid to pay for misery...It just is... :thumbdown:

We as Bills fans have become like a p-whipped boyfriend. You know the guy. His woman orders him around, belittles him, takes whatever she wants of his money and stuff, threatens to leave all the time, even cheats on him. She breaks his heart over and over and over again, but he never leaves, because she is his girl, and he "loves" her. Well our "girl" just embarrassed the He11 out of us in public again, will be cheating on us in a few weeks, as we sit home watching "her" play the Miami game indoors. We have been getting fleeced for over a decade now by mediocre teams with below average coaches.

Whats that baby, no, I wasn't talking about you. Yeah, we can go out next Sunday. Yeah, I love you too.

I was actually relieved when they lost last night. I could free up my sundays to do other things. Told my friends last night I am not going to the last 2 games. 3 of the guys agreed with me. I was going to give my tickets to the orphanage but then I thought havent these kids suffered enough?

I was actually relieved when they lost last night. I could free up my sundays to do other things. Told my friends last night I am not going to the last 2 games. 3 of the guys agreed with me. I was going to give my tickets to the orphanage but then I thought havent these kids suffered enough?

You should be put in jail if you give those tickets to those poor orphans.

I don't see it as bandwagon jumping. I feel fans give a lot to the Bills in terms of hard-earned $'s by way of tickets, jerseys, and other tangible items as well as loads of intangibles such as vocal support, team loyalty, etc. When the organization doesn't deliver, I think it is perfectly acceptable to question, express dismay, even turn your back for a period of time.

It's like a lot of things in life; if you misuse my trust, you'll have to earn it back over time. And I won't be happy with you in the interim period.

See you later. Not too many people are strong enough to take losses like this, and we don't need weak fans like you.

With all due respect...I'll be a Bills fan for life...I'm a pretty strong Dude...It has nothing to do with weak Fans...What the Bills have provided to Us is consistantly below average Football year after year...It's always something...It's become akin to masochism for a die hard Bills Fan...Honestly I would question why anyone would want to be put through this garbage week after week...I feel like a fool for loving this Team like I do...Truly I feel stupid...And I'm not a dumb Guy...

So anyway...Can We as Bills Fans stop knocking those who just can't take it anymore? Can we really blame them? I've been a Fan of this Team, and I mean a Die Hard Fan of this Team for 38 Years now...And I don't blame anyone for not wanting to go through this crap any longer...I just can't blame anyone anymore if they choose to stop the self-infliction... :thumbsup:

With all due respect...I'll be a Bills fan for life...I'm a pretty strong Dude...It has nothing to do with weak Fans...What the Bills have provided to Us is consistantly below average Football year after year...It's always something...It's become akin to masochism for a die hard Bills Fan...Honestly I would question why anyone would want to be put through this garbage week after week...I feel like a fool for loving this Team like I do...Truly I feel stupid...And I'm not a dumb Guy...

So anyway...Can We as Bills Fans stop knocking those who just can't take it anymore? Can we really blame them? I've been a Fan of this Team, and I mean a Die Hard Fan of this Team for 38 Years now...And I don't blame anyone for not wanting to go through this crap any longer...I just can't blame anyone anymore if they choose to stop the self-infliction... :thumbsup:

Amen, KOK. My son called me from Florida after the game, clearly shook up. Said he was convinced GOD HATES BUFFALO and he won't take this schitt anymore. Fatherly, I encouraged him to do whatever he thinks will bring any joy in his life. He asked me how I do it -stay with them through all the heartache and premeditated medocrity. I said 'it's too late for me, free yourself..' (akin to Darth/Luke) and he's 29 years old and a professional wrestler!

Amen, KOK. My son called me from Florida after the game, clearly shook up. Said he was convinced GOD HATES BUFFALO and he won't take this schitt anymore. Fatherly, I encouraged him to do whatever he thinks will bring any joy in his life. He asked me how I do it -stay with them through all the heartache and premeditated medocrity. I said 'it's too late for me, free yourself..' (akin to Darth/Luke) and he's 29 years old and a professional wrestler!

:lol:

As a lifelong Bills Fan and MAJOR Star Wars geek (I've played SWG for over 4 years running now)...I salute You My Friend...It is too late for Us...But We can and must save the children... :thumbsup: