BeastMode54

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Here are the rules.

http://www.nfl.com/standings/tiebreakingprocedures

Teams within your division are also teams within your conference. So, saying divisional games don't matter is silly. If the Bills went 1-5 in the div., and 10-6 overall, they'd be 6-6 in the conference.

10-6 is not an automatic. It's likely that is good enough to get in, but the Browns were 10-6 last year (they were 3-3 in their div. and 7-5 in the conf.) and the Chiefs and Dolphins have also missed the playoffs despite going 10-6 in past years.

Given the losses in the division 10-6 does not get it done. 11-5 will but I just do not see this team pulling that off.

There has only been 2 teams in the AFC since the playoffs were expanded that have not gotten into the playoffs with a 10-6 record, one of them last year being Cleveland the other being Miami a few years ago. Last year if you recall the AFC dominated the NFC in interconference play. Teams are going to lose. Take the jets, they play @ NE & @ Tenn next 2 weeks. I really do not see them winning either one of those games. Baltimore still has to play the whole NFC East. They will be hard pressed to go 2-2 in those games imo. We already have tie breaker over jville & sd. If we beat denver we will have the tie breaker over them. I think we could make the playoffs @ 10-6 if we beat Jets/Miami & possibly Denver. Chances are although not guaranteed, we will get in with a 10-6 record.

Bottom line, if we win these next 4 games(all very much winnable imo) we will sit at 9-4 & will control our own destiny. If we lose to Cleveland this monday, then we could start talking about next year.

If the Bills finish 10-6 and make the playoffs, that means they were 5-2 for the home stretch. That would indicate that they figured something out and improved as a team. So, yes, there would be a chance of beating a good team in the playoffs. There's always a chance. What do you suggest? Giving up now because you anticipate the inevitability of losing a second round playoff game?

The Bills themselves shouldn't give up. They should play every game like it's their last. But we fans should get realistic.

We could easily go 5 - 2 down the stretch without beating a good team. Personally, I don't see it happening. But I wouldn't be a bit surprised to see us go maybe 4 - 3.

And still be on the low side of mediocre.

There is a point in every season when the Bills aren't genuinely good when I start balancing the confidence and maturity that come from each win with the higher draft pick that comes from each loss. Unfortunately, I reached that point after about 16 plays of that 19 play drive against the Pats.

Clevland-W

KC-W

Niners-W

Fins-W

Jets-W

Broncos-L

Pats-W

Maybe add a Loss to the Jets but I think we can change it up for the long stretch

Have you been watching our offense? Or our lack of a pass rush?

Anything's possible - Detroit could run the table - but is it even slightly likely to happen?

I only care whether we make the playoffs if we have a shot at making the AFC championship game. And I don't see it this year.

The Bills themselves shouldn't give up. They should play every game like it's their last. But we fans should get realistic.

We could easily go 5 - 2 down the stretch without beating a good team. Personally, I don't see it happening. But I wouldn't be a bit surprised to see us go maybe 4 - 3.

And still be on the low side of mediocre.

There is a point in every season when the Bills aren't genuinely good when I start balancing the confidence and maturity that come from each win with the higher draft pick that comes from each loss. Unfortunately, I reached that point after about 16 plays of that 19 play drive against the Pats.

I hear ya, but looking at our schedule I think there is a very good chance we at least get to 9 wins this year & decent possibility that we could get to 10 or even 11 wins. You got to remember for as bad as we played last week, the jets & Miami game were more about us giving them the game. I still have faith, although your points do have very good merit.

There has only been 2 teams in the AFC since the playoffs were expanded that have not gotten into the playoffs with a 10-6 record, one of them last year being Cleveland the other being Miami a few years ago. Last year if you recall the AFC dominated the NFC in interconference play. Teams are going to lose. Take the jets, they play @ NE & @ Tenn next 2 weeks. I really do not see them winning either one of those games. Baltimore still has to play the whole NFC East. They will be hard pressed to go 2-2 in those games imo. We already have tie breaker over jville & sd. If we beat denver we will have the tie breaker over them. I think we could make the playoffs @ 10-6 if we beat Jets/Miami & possibly Denver. Chances are although not guaranteed, we will get in with a 10-6 record.

Bottom line, if we win these next 4 games(all very much winnable imo) we will sit at 9-4 & will control our own destiny. If we lose to Cleveland this monday, then we could start talking about next year.

Very well said. I think we get in at 10-6. Baltimore going through the whole NFC East will mean at least 3 more losses IMO, along with whatever other divisional games they may drop. I think one of the wild cards is coming out of the East with the other being the Colts. If Baltimore finishes 9-7 which is very likely, we get in at 106.

10-6 gets in but the Bills will finish 5-11

I am a Bills fan but this team is probably the worst coached team they have ever had. Not enough talent in key positions. Over spent on O-line. Watch other games and at least the backs have holes to run through. There is no on the fly adjustments, no imagination in offensive play calling. Looks like they used up every thing they had in the first 4 games so Jauron wouldn't get off to another slow start that are typical of all his teams.