This team is getting worse...

Tolstoy

I think the offensive line--as so many of you have pointed out-- is like a cancer on this team. Its pathetic play has slowly destroyed the confidence and play of, first, the running backs (no holes), second, the quarterback and wide receivers (bad protection, no running game), and third, the defense (which has its problems) because it no longer has confidence in the offense, and is being put out in the field almost immediately after it gives the offense the ball.

What is strange is that this line played so much better last year. Why is it so bad now? Two possibilities: the new coach, or the Jason Peters holdout. As for the new coach problem--I say bring Mouse back--entice him with a lot of money to come back for the rest of the year. As for the Peters holdout, Peters lost his confidence somehow. Perhaps he needs a temporary time-out to recover it. A return of Mouse also might help.

Of course, no one will listen to me, so I don't know why I am wasting my breath. It is just so depressing to see this team actually going backward...

I think we are a very balanced team. We are terrible on offense and terrible on defense and terrible at coaching and terrible at adjustments and terrible at keeping people healthy. With apologies to Mr Moorman, Mr April and the special teams....

ACor58 is right. We are very, very competitive right now with the bottom say, 15 to 20 teams, but don't have the depth to withstand 6 or 7 starters out (butler, reed, whitner, fowler, schobel, boty, parrish, mcgee et al) to stay with the top 10 teams.

This is the way it will be the rest of the year. Its OK. Edwards is not Big Ben or McNabb. Can;t put the team on his back, etc etc... We have good, but not top tier coaching, most of whom are in their first front line gig. Relax, the Bills are what they are.

The SB days are long gone. Lets enjoy the next 3-4 games. We should have a good shot in all of them and the games will be exciting , I believe

ACor58 is right. We are very, very competitive right now with the bottom say, 15 to 20 teams, but don't have the depth to withstand 6 or 7 starters out (butler, reed, whitner, fowler, schobel, boty, parrish, mcgee et al) to stay with the top 10 teams.

This is the way it will be the rest of the year. Its OK. Edwards is not Big Ben or McNabb. Can;t put the team on his back, etc etc... We have good, but not top tier coaching, most of whom are in their first front line gig. Relax, the Bills are what they are.

The SB days are long gone. Lets enjoy the next 3-4 games. We should have a good shot in all of them and the games will be exciting , I believe

Two good points here....

We can't win with a number of our starters out of the lineup because the backups are not as talented. This team is relying on the Whitners, Schobels, & Reeds to perform. When they're not playing, there's a significant drop-off in talent that the coaches can't scheme around.

Yes, Trent Edwards is not an elite QB (I'd pick someone like Peyton Manning over Roethlisberger/McNabb as elite) and he's currently going through growing pains. He *will* be a good QB...and I think he'll have his chance to show it again by the end of the year.

I think these past 3 games should show the front office (if they didn't know already) that you need sufficient talent past the starters - at all positions - if you want to win.

I think the offensive line--as so many of you have pointed out-- is like a cancer on this team. Its pathetic play has slowly destroyed the confidence and play of, first, the running backs (no holes), second, the quarterback and wide receivers (bad protection, no running game), and third, the defense (which has its problems) because it no longer has confidence in the offense, and is being put out in the field almost immediately after it gives the offense the ball.

What is strange is that this line played so much better last year. Why is it so bad now? Two possibilities: the new coach, or the Jason Peters holdout. As for the new coach problem--I say bring Mouse back--entice him with a lot of money to come back for the rest of the year. As for the Peters holdout, Peters lost his confidence somehow. Perhaps he needs a temporary time-out to recover it. A return of Mouse also might help.

Of course, no one will listen to me, so I don't know why I am wasting my breath. It is just so depressing to see this team actually going backward...

Dick Jauron is now 55-71 as a head coach and is in his third year as head coach of the Bills using his players in his schemes (19-22 record). That is the answer to any question you have. This is his team, his coaches, his players, his playbook. He will end his tenure as Bills head coach in three years (2011) having never won the division, never won a playoff game, and most likely (based on his long, mediocre coaching career) never have broken 10 wins in a season in this organization. Will I be happy if he somehow pulls off a miracle season? Hell yeah. Would I put money on it? No fugging way.

Miami and the Jets are top 10 teams? :thumbsup:

Dick Jauron is now 55-71 as a head coach and is in his third year as head coach of the Bills using his players in his schemes (19-22 record). That is the answer to any question you have. This is his team, his coaches, his players, his playbook. He will end his tenure as Bills head coach in three years (2011) having never won the division, never won a playoff game, and most likely (based on his long, mediocre coaching career) never have broken 10 wins in a season in this organization. Will I be happy if he somehow pulls off a miracle season? Hell yeah. Would I put money on it? No fugging way.

There is no rational way to dispute one word of this.

There is no rational way to dispute one word of this.

Unless someone comes in and lets Jauron go. I don't see that happening in Ralph's tenure, though.

Someone said this yesterday and I'm wondering if it's time....it may not be a bad time to clean house again. I'd just hate to go through an overhaul and have another 3-13 season.

Miami and the Jets are top 10 teams? :thumbsup:

No - but definitely Top 15 - which we are not.

Also - many folks siad that we are tied for last place in the AFC East. We are actually LAST in the AFC East by virtue of division record and tie breaker loss to Miami.

Mouse isnt the answer he was supposed to be this genious and he couldnt take these all stars and do much with them either. This line is very highly paid and right now they look like a bunch of 220 lb weaklings