Sad but I Don't Care Any Longer

Merc

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Certainly the above is a rhetorical question, but I will answer anyway.

Miami hired Bill Parcells, a proven winner. He came to town with a staff, and a program that people will buy into.

Ralph hired Jauron, a proven, long term loser, who no one else wanted. He came with a shaky at best staff, and a philosphy which doesn't lend itself towards winning.

Oddly, Parcells usually starts rebuilding projects by improving special teams, drafting in the trenches, jettisoning anybody that shows any signs of not buying in, and with a well-worn old veteran QB that knows enough to know how not to screw up royally. Not only that, the guy puts together some seriously good coaching staffs.

• 4 weeks later...
Ordered a beer and a cheeseburger and settled in to watch the Bills at my local backers bar. By halfway through the first quarter I knew it was over. End of the 1st and no burger! WTF. 2nd quarter is worse than anything I can conceive of but finally the burger arrives and I eat, finish the beer, pay my tab and head home. Did I miss something? Nah. There is nothing to miss with what has become the 2008 Bills.

I have sat through every single Bills game the last few years but this season is different. I knew today, after just a couple of plays, that nothing good was to be seen in this game, just like I knew the Jets game was a washout. I also know that this season is over and done. We look worse week to week and the problems are to numerous to mention. The coaches have no answers and the players are in a daze. I can't even get mad any longer because this has been going on for years. We have gone from 5-1 to probably not breaking .500.

I have quit caring this year. Sorry Bills but I won't be wasting my Sundays watching this garbage product any longer this season. Hell, I feel like an idiot sitting there watching this tragicomedy every week, year in and year out.

The above is my thread starting post from a month ago. HS, how prescient am I? Best decision I have made is signing off as an active fan for this year. There is nothing to watch and certainly nothong to care about.

Will I, and a whole lot of other old and faithful fans, be back next season? Of course but with a very jaded eye. Figure a whole new front office and we start the "rebuilding process" all over again. F that.

Merc -

I feel your pain. I've been a Bills fan my entire life, lived through the 1984-85 years and the great Superbowl years. This team has loads of talent but can never seem to put it together. I'm sick of wasting my Sundays on guys would just don't care. Call me lame or a bad fan, I just realized my obsession with this team is unhealthy and causes me nothing but misery and pain.

Merc -

I feel your pain. I've been a Bills fan my entire life, lived through the 1984-85 years and the great Superbowl years. This team has loads of talent but can never seem to put it together. I'm sick of wasting my Sundays on guys would just don't care. Call me lame or a bad fan, I just realized my obsession with this team is unhealthy and causes me nothing but misery and pain.

Well said! The anger and resentment I feel for the rest of the day after watching this terrible team play was not healthy. You do it because you have hope for the future and they are rebuilding but WTF?!?!?! They have been rebuilding for a decade now and they are worse than I have ever seen them.

Time to grow up and move on. If Jim Kelly and a consortium of folks buy the team and inject it with a new attitude and personality, I will be back but under present management and ownership I have zero hope that anything will change next season. Another third rate coach will be hired and the whole, painful, rebuilding process will begin anew. In another couple of years we will supposed to have expectations of winning again (will this be the fourth or fifth rebuilding series?) as we have heard before.