QB

TheKing

When a QB is playing as bad as Edwards was today the normal thing to do is put the backup in at some point.

But the Bills didn't and it is very obvious why.

The have zero faith in Losman, and have zero intention of keeping him around past this season.

So why didn't they pick up a veteran backup and just cut Losman.

The refusal to pick up a backup could be the key factor in the Bills not making the playoffs.

As poor as the defensive line played this game was winable.

I'm not saying it would have been probable but it was possible.

When a QB is playing as bad as Edwards was today the normal thing to do is put the backup in at some point.

The have zero faith in Losman, and have zero intention of keeping him around past this season.

The refusal to pick up a backup could be the key factor in the Bills not making the playoffs.

Good point. Lets get Kerry Collins in the offseason. Top priority.

Good point. Lets get Kerry Collins in the offseason. Top priority.

Before we do that we have to ask ourselves something. Do you really want Kerry Collins in a town where alcohol is so abundant? Could be a bad mix. :w00t:

Predictability my friends is a big part of the problem. You can predict the Bills running the ball from the couch with a high degree of accuracy looking at the formation and down/distance. When the Bills run, 11 guys on the other side know it's coming and they know who is getting the ball. You can't succeed in that scenario unless you can dominate the other team physically which the Bills can't. I picked run or pass before ever play today once the Bills got to the line. I missed on 3 plays over the entire game. I'm no football expert. Chances are the Patriots could do at least that well. I'll bet their defensive coaches were home for early dinner each night this past week after looking at film. Bills tendencies just to easy to spot. Doesn't matter who the QB is, you won't generate much offense when the other team knows what you're doing.

I want to say this again...

My point isn't what they do for next year.

It is clear that they want no part of Losman.

But they knew that so why did they keep him?

It seems to me that they couldn't work a trade so the kept him to spite the teams they were talking to that might have picked him up after he was cut.

It wouldn't have made any difference if Tom Brady was the backup. (Well maybe that would have changed things a bit :w00t: ) TE is the starter and in spite of everything being said, he is still young. You do want him to play through his slumps and learn from it. As bad as the game went and TE played, the Bills were still only 10 points behind until the last two minutes. You typically only see the QB pulled when the margin gets to be larger than maybe 30 points or so. So I really doubt it has anythring to do with their confidence or lack there of in JP. No matter who was on the bench as a backup, you wouldn't have brought him in in a game where the starter is only behind by 10 points. I also think the problems with the Bills go beyond TE. Did they bench all the lineman as they also could use a benching.

It wouldn't have made any difference if Tom Brady was the backup. (Well maybe that would have changed things a bit :w00t: ) TE is the starter and in spite of everything being said, he is still young. You do want him to play through his slumps and learn from it. As bad as the game went and TE played, the Bills were still only 10 points behind until the last two minutes. You typically only see the QB pulled when the margin gets to be larger than maybe 30 points or so. So I really doubt it has anythring to do with their confidence or lack there of in JP. No matter who was on the bench as a backup, you wouldn't have brought him in in a game where the starter is only behind by 10 points. I also think the problems with the Bills go beyond TE. Did they bench all the lineman as they also could use a benching.

Believe me it has a lot to do with their TOTAL lack of confidence in Losman.