Some realities--not good

jahnyc

1. Free agent pick-ups by Jets are better than ours. Jenkins is better than Stroud and Faneca is better than Dockery.

2. We have no depth at key positions, partly due to cash to cap.

3. No stars on the team and a lot of positions could be upgraded.

4. A lot of average players on defense. Is Poz going to be at least above average? Hard to tell so far.

5. Ditto with T. Edwards.

6. Trading up in recent drafts to take Losman and McCargo has really hurt. I like Whitner, but I still wonder if we could have had both Ngata and Whitner in that draft.

7. Worried that Miami and Jets have the resources to continue to improve. Miami's coach has made a big difference for that team.

8. Yes, we need a center, but is that really most of the problem?

9. Cannot fathom our lack of a pass rush. With blitzes, should be getting to QB more frequently.

10. Still not generating turnovers (and we are making too many turnovers on offense).

I was really excited this year, particularly after our fast start. Really not sure how to fix all of this.

6. Trading up in recent drafts to take Losman and McCargo has really hurt. I like Whitner, but I still wonder if we could have had both Ngata and Whitner in that draft.

Ngata?? wtf

Do you realize that he is a 3-4 Defensive End? We run a 4-3

Here's another reality thats not so good: Until Tom Brady retires and Bill Belicheck leaves the patriots, bills fans have no reason for optimism. We're not winning this division any time soon. The Brady injury was our oppurtunity to overcome the patriots, a chance to win the division. But when we play new england you just know we're going to lose. Its not a question and there is never any doubt. They simply own the bills. The games aren't even close. When they get brady back, it's back to business as usual ( i guess it already is) .

It could be worse I guess. I can't imagine what its like to be a bengals fan or a lions fan. But this franchise is following in those footsteps. Can you honestly see us taking a giant leap forward next year and beatin the Pats when they've got brady back? I wasn't old enough to live through the dolphins dominance of the 70's, but I believe we're 0 for the last 10 with the Pats and thats half way!

2. We have no depth at key positions, partly due to cash to cap.

I was really excited this year, particularly after our fast start. Really not sure how to fix all of this.

No one is talking about this, but Buffalo is in the top 5 of teams with available cap room. Without question this affects their ability to sign depth players.

As to Ngata, he is agile enough to handle being a NT in a 3-4 or playing as a DE in a 4-3. How many 340lb DL can make the play he did today.

It's nice to see some fans come around to the basic fundamental that is building the DL and OL first before skill positions in the secondary, LB, RB, and WR. Unfortunately, it's too late to fix these issues for 2008 and our coach who decides a great deal on draft day is signed for 3 more seasons.

Yes, I should have added that beating the Pats in the near term is unlikely. After five years of losing twice a year to that team, it pains me to think that we are still not close to being competitive with them, even with Brady out. So few of the games over the last five years were close.

No one is talking about this, but Buffalo is in the top 5 of teams with available cap room. Without question this affects their ability to sign depth players.

That's just it. The Bills have $$$ and they didn't use it. It carries over to many positions but the one that gets me is WR.

My #1 use of that $$$ would have been to get a #2 receiver for THIS YEAR, and yes, even though we drafted Hardy. They finally used Parrish today to take over Reed's role, but Evans went M.I.A. for most of the game. Imagine if you will what would happen if Evans was injured and while Reed continued to be out. Who are your starting receivers? Hardy and Parrish probably with Steve Johnson as third. Yikes. If we don't scare anyone now, we'd get zero respect with that lineup.

Ngata?? wtf

Do you realize that he is a 3-4 Defensive End? We run a 4-3

LOL! WTF does that mean? :thumbsup:

Ngata is a DT and would play just as well in either defensive scheme since his he plays the "nose". That's like saying Ted Washington or Pat Williams would suck in the 3-4 and would be better suited for the 4-3 only.