October 14, 2010

ieatcrayonz

That is my best guesstimate for when people will stop blaming Trent's horrific play on his concussion. "He looks tentative....he holds the ball too long.....he arm is even weaker than usual".....Newsflash: He Sucks.

And no this post is not intended to say JP is better. That is meaningless. Trent is horrible.

Name 5 starters in the NFL that are worse than Trent Edwards. I come up with O'Sullivan, Whoever is playing for the Lions, and Thigpen. Got 2 more?

That is my best guesstimate for when people will stop blaming Trent's horrific play on his concussion. "He looks tentative....he holds the ball too long.....he arm is even weaker than usual".....Newsflash: He Sucks.

And no this post is not intended to say JP is better. That is meaningless. Trent is horrible.

Name 5 starters in the NFL that are worse than Trent Edwards. I come up with O'Sullivan, Whoever is playing for the Lions, and Thigpen. Got 2 more?

Current starters: JaMarcus Russell. Gus Frerotte. That Fitzpatrick guy from Cincinnati. Sage Rosenfels. Marc Bulger. Seneca Wallace. Brady Quinn. Shaun Hill.

your a ideit

I don't know about that, Thigpen had 3 TDs today and has 8 in 6 games this year whereas Trent has 13 TDs in 18 starts. Hmmmmm, makes you wonder who is better.

Current starters:

JaMarcus Russell. Benched

Gus Frerotte. 0.3% are the odds Trent has a career anywhere near as long as Gus.

That Fitzpatrick guy from Cincinnati. Not really the starter

Sage Rosenfels. also not really the starter

Marc Bulger. Because the Rams suck?

Seneca Wallace. Also not really the starter

Brady Quinn. Sadly, very debatable

Shaun Hill. You can have Hill or O'sullivan but only one.

Current starters: JaMarcus Russell. Gus Frerotte. That Fitzpatrick guy from Cincinnati. Sage Rosenfels. Marc Bulger. Seneca Wallace. Brady Quinn. Shaun Hill.

Not that this really matters because this is a futile, very subjective exercise, but I'm not sure about Bulger, Quinn, or Rosenfels. Bulger is good when he isn't running for his life, Quinn looked good during the last game and it's a bit too early to tell, and Rosenfels seems to be running at a similar clip to Trent at the moment.

However, with that said, I disagree with the initial poster's assessment. It's a bit too early to completely file Trent away.

- Has Trent looked good lately, no.

- Have people given him a bit of a free pass out of the hope that the disaster that has been our QB situation would straighten out, probably.

- Still, Trent has a lot of potential and we need to stick with him for the season and see what happens. He is an unknown commodity, and our polarized reactions to everything he does are often not justified and a bit illogical. Maybe instead of using rhetoric that encourages such either/or assessments (he sucks/is great), we should just sit back and take things as they come without overreacting every time he throws a touchdown or an interception.

With that said, I understand why people are beginning to become frustrated with the play of the team and Trent. Hopefully, we'll be overreacting in the other direction next week.

Not that this really matters because this is a futile, very subjective exercise, but I'm not sure about Bulger, Quinn, or Rosenfels. Bulger is good when he isn't running for his life, Quinn looked good during the last game and it's a bit too early to tell, and Rosenfels seems to be running at a similar clip to Trent at the moment.

However, with that said, I disagree with the initial poster's assessment. It's a bit too early to completely file Trent away.

- Has Trent looked good lately, no.

- Have people given him a bit of a free pass out of the hope that the disaster that has been our QB situation would straighten out, probably.

- Still, Trent has a lot of potential and we need to stick with him for the season and see what happens. He is an unknown commodity, and our polarized reactions to everything he does are often not justified and a bit illogical. Maybe instead of using rhetoric that encourages such either/or assessments (he sucks/is great), we should just sit back and take things as they come without overreacting every time he throws a touchdown or an interception.

With that said, I understand why people are beginning to become frustrated with the play of the team and Trent. Hopefully, we'll be overreacting in the other direction next week.

I won't argue that Trent has sucked in recent games, but coming into today he had a better QB rating than Peyton Manning, Eli Manning, Ben Roethlisberger, Brett Favre, Jay Cutler, rookie sensations Matt Ryan and Joe Flacco, Mr. 9-0 Kerry Collins and others. It's crazy to say that Trent is done. he does, however, need to quit turning the damn ball over.

I won't argue that Trent has sucked in recent games, but coming into today he had a better QB rating than Peyton Manning, Eli Manning, Ben Roethlisberger, Brett Favre, Jay Cutler, rookie sensations Matt Ryan and Joe Flacco, Mr. 9-0 Kerry Collins and others. It's crazy to say that Trent is done. he does, however, need to quit turning the damn ball over.

How about Trent has played against the absolute bottom dwellers of the league. Check and see who Ben, Peyton, Eli and the others have played against, then come and tell us how you think Trent would have fared week in and week out against the better teams in the league. I'm betting alot of days like the past 3 weeks.

Manning brothers...btw you're and idiot

How about Trent has played against the absolute bottom dwellers of the league. Check and see who Ben, Peyton, Eli and the others have played against, then come and tell us how you think Trent would have fared week in and week out against the better teams in the league. I'm betting alot of days like the past 3 weeks.

First of all, let me be clear that I'm not comparing Trent to Ben or the Manning brothers, in terms of who the better quarterbacks are. Good Lord, no.

Second, I don't/can't defend Trent, not with the way he has played the last three weeks.

But I do know this. Our line has played awful. He misses Josh Reed. And our coaches have got to do better. Teams have adjusted to us...now it's time for us to make our own adjustments.

And I know the answer is NOT benching Trent in favor of JP. And it's not spending a high draft choice on another QB in April.

And I know the answer is NOT benching Trent in favor of JP. And it's not spending a high draft choice on another QB in April.

I disagree with this. If they can improve their QB position they should do it, period. Having said that Favre wasn't the answer, JP is not the answer, I don't know who is coming out in the draft or who is a FA, I haven't looked that far ahead yet.

But I do know this. Our line has played awful. He misses Josh Reed. And our coaches have got to do better. Teams have adjusted to us...now it's time for us to make our own adjustments.

I am a man of great means and I get many angles from which to view a game. There were several plays that were wide open for Edwards today and he botched every one. The 1st quarter pick was a play on which he missed a completely open Evans. At least he saw that one. On the play where he threw the ball away to avoid a sack, Jackson was open with 40 yards of green in front of him. He missed Parrish WIDE open, maybe for 6 on another and instead threw to a covered Royal.

Hoover and Oreck only wish they could make products that suck half as much as Edwards has sucked the last 3 weeks.

JP may not be the answer as he makes similar reads to Edwards, but at least the defense has to cover more than 14 yards downfield.

I don't see why the Bills would not spend a high draft pick on QB. The rookie will need a few years to adjust and JP will be gone anyway. We might as well let Edwards play for another year or two to get us high draft picks.

I am a man of great means and I get many angles from which to view a game. There were several plays that were wide open for Edwards today and he botched every one. The 1st quarter pick was a play on which he missed a completely open Evans. At least he saw that one. On the play where he threw the ball away to avoid a sack, Jackson was open with 40 yards of green in front of him. He missed Parrish WIDE open, maybe for 6 on another and instead threw to a covered Royal.

Hoover and Oreck only wish they could make products that suck half as much as Edwards has sucked the last 3 weeks.

JP may not be the answer as he makes similar reads to Edwards, but at least the defense has to cover more than 14 yards downfield.

I don't see why the Bills would not spend a high draft pick on QB. The rookie will need a few years to adjust and JP will be gone anyway. We might as well let Edwards play for another year or two to get us high draft picks.

They did, he's our backup. (yah what we gave up for him = high draft pick)

Fitzpatrick, bulger, Jamarcus Russel

The whole concussion argument is retarded anyway since Trent had an amazing game against SD in his first performance after the concussion. I agree, he sucks.

Trent, like JP is made to look stupid against any top 26 defense, otherwise man, he'll pick you apart all day.

If your defense is like 28th or worse, then it's frigging over man, Trent will pwn you!!!!!

Fitzpatrick, bulger, Jamarcus Russel

I find it amusing that people are listing QBs that are not even starters in a ridiculous effort to cast Edwards as a top 27 QB in the NFL. What must they have thought when they were compiling their list?

"He's better than....well.......nope.......um........I guess I'll list guys that are injury replacements or benched or former pro bowlers on the league's worst team....yeah that's the ticket...that'll stick. I knew Edwards was in the top 27."

Meanwhile on the board we have a top 10 list of reasons the Bills lost yesterday which does not even include Edwards. What?

Jauron, prominently listed as a reason for failure is supposed to shoot laser beams out of his eyes to deflect Edwards poor throws. Maybe a mind control ray could make Edwards have better decision making.

Face it. Edwards is JP with a weak arm and no fire.

The Bills do face an easy schedule and if the defense gets healthy in time could win a few more games. Maybe even 5 realistically. If they do, it will most likely be in spite of Edwards.

yeah, dude. Stop acting like a baby.

yeah, dude. Stop acting like a baby.

To be fair to Trent I have not heard him use the concussion as an excuse. It has only been the ridiculous "Trent is in the top 27" fan boys. Trent usually gives the same blank stare and "Uhhhhhh" type answer both pre and post concussion.