Health Care

Medicare

According to the piece, Medicare cost the Fed over $250,000,000,000.00 this year to cover 41 million seniors.

Medicaid

According to the piece, Medicaid cost the Fed over $177,000,000,000.00 this year to cover about 40 million people.

John Kerry says he can cover 44 million people for less money annually than these two (ACCORDING TO HIM) underfunded programs. Senator Edwards said that no family making less than 60K annually will pay more than a dollar per day per child.

Anyone care to take this "lahjik" on?

For reasons of political pressure, profitibility, campaign contributions and several other reasons, the common-sense idea of preventative care is ignored world-wide.

Years ago, before most posters on this board, the US Public Health Service existed (they became USEPA, btw). Polio and TB were real fears back then. And walk-in clincs existed. When I got a job at a grocery store back then, I had to go to Bflo's City Hall and get a health permit - chest x-ray, got to "cough and turn left", my fingernails and feet were checked for fungus, my "lower" cheeks were checked for boils or crud, and so forth. No pass = no job.

Bon Apetit these days from your restuarant folks.

My insurance coverage (paid 100% by me) pays nada for preventative health...just like the govt. entities. It upsets the applecart. If it works, preventive medicine, well, a ton of govt. employees and doctors and nurses and so on just might not be needed...or paid.

That's what comes of govt. sticking it's nose (financed by the taxpayer) into private business and bastardizing common sense.

I remember when a Doctor ran a business, and he came to your house to treat you, because yes you were a patient but you were a CUSTOMER. So Doc did 24/7 years and years before that term became fashionable.

For reasons of political pressure, profitibility, campaing contributions and several other reasons, the common-sense idea of preventative care is ignored world-wide. Years ago, before most posters on this board, the US Public Health Service existed (they became USEPA, btw). Polio and TB were real fears back then. When I got a job at a grocery store back then, I had to go to Bflo's City Hall and get a health permit - chest x-ray, got to "cough and turn left", my fingernails and feet were checked for fungus, my "lower" cheeks were checked for boils or crud, and so forth. No pass = no job.

Bon Apetit these days from your restuarant folks.

My insurance coverage (paid 100% by me) pays nada for preventative health...just like the govt. entities. It upsets the applecart. If it works, preventive medicine, well, a ton of govt. employees and doctors and nurses and so on just might not be needed...or paid.

That's what comes of govt. sticking it's nose (financed by the taxpayer) into private business and bastardizing common sense.

I remember when a Doctor ran a business, and he came to your house to treat you, because yes you were a patient but you were a CUSTOMER. So Doc did 24/7 years and years before that term became fashionable.

85338[/snapback]

Good thing we've made "progress", which is the opposite of CONgress.

Medicare

According to the piece, Medicare cost the Fed over $250,000,000,000.00 this year to cover 41 million seniors. 

Medicaid

According to the piece, Medicaid cost the Fed over $177,000,000,000.00 this year to cover about 40 million people.

John Kerry says he can cover 44 million people for less money annually than these two (ACCORDING TO HIM) underfunded programs.  Senator Edwards said that no family making less than 60K annually will pay more than a dollar per day per child. 

Anyone care to take this "lahjik" on?

85287[/snapback]

I can see the glaze in their eye’s. Elective and selective surgeries will be covered by John Kerry’s Plan, also preventative care will be covered too. No wonders people like Christopher Reeve would have walked again if John Kerry were President.

I’m appalled and sickened by this man’s ability to embellish to the point of insanity. Pigs will fly when John Kerry is President.

Yeah, keep pandering to the pro hunting crowd.

85576[/snapback]

He wouldnt carry one if he shot it. I remember hunting when I was very young with my father. He said you shoot it, you drag it. A perspective obviously Kerry never learned. The common man wasn’t in the field with him last week, only a porter. :angry: