About that last interception...

bizell

Last interception vs. Jets  

77 members have voted

1. 1. Was the ball thrown short?

• Yes
    • No

get over yourself, i had an honest question and was wondering other people's opinions. and what the hell does favre have anything to do with this play?

point is, get over it. edwards underthrew a pass in a desperate situation. what QB that's had many starts hasn't? we play Pats in 3 days, that's all that matters now

It's pretty simple. Hardy is watching the ball for the last 20 yards but fails to stop short and make a play on Trent's under-thrown ball. A great WR makes this catch often, inevitably followed by the announcers giving all sorts of accolades to the QB for the intentional "back shoulder" throw. Hardy may get there eventually, but as a rookie seems to lack some body control and adjustments necessary to make the QB look good.

We'll need a little run now to keep this season on the successful track.

You throw to the back shoulder when the defender has perfect coverage, or he is out in front a little. Hardy had a step and a half. The pass would have been completed with a decent pass.

To blame that play, in any way, on Hardy is absolutely ridiculous. He came back and tried to fight for it. The fact of the matter is that it was so underthrown by the time Hardy got back to the play the DB had perfect position to use his body to shield off Hardy's effort.

This is cut and dry folks. Trent has done a lot of good this year, but if you find yourself trying to put that particular play on Hardy, you need to get a grip.

You throw to the back shoulder when the defender has perfect coverage, or he is out in front a little. Hardy had a step and a half. The pass would have been completed with a decent pass.

To blame that play, in any way, on Hardy is absolutely ridiculous. He came back and tried to fight for it. The fact of the matter is that it was so underthrown by the time Hardy got back to the play the DB had perfect position to use his body to shield off Hardy's effort.

This is cut and dry folks. Trent has done a lot of good this year, but if you find yourself trying to put that particular play on Hardy, you need to get a grip.

Totally. Hardy was running to the corner where he should have on that route. Momentum makes it impossible to change direction quickly enough to get back to the underthrown ball. And even if he could have made like Superman and gone backwards, so what? The DB had perfect position. That play says nothing about Edwards, but it does leave open the question about his arm strength. That game was all but over at that point and to blame the loss on that play is ridiculous.

Just wondering what the general concensus is regarding that last pass attempt vs. the Jets. Was the ball not thrown high/long enough for Hardy? Did Hardy not fight enough? Thanks.

of course it was thrown short---(thats for the benefit of our blind TSW members)

and Hardy didn't show the moxie/fight/football instincts combo.

That game was all but over at that point and to blame the loss on that play is ridiculous.

I've heard this over and over on this board. I'm not blaming the loss on this play, but it was the dagger to the heart of our chances. A good pass there and we're down by 2 with 1:20 to go or so. The Bills have good kicking teams. I've see them pull off some off the wall crazy successful onsides kicks in the past. I'm sure the kicking teams coach (can't think of his name now) had something up his sleeve.

It was a long shot for sure. But man, I would have loved to have had that chance. We get that onsides and only have to go about 30 yards for a game winning field goal. It was a long shot sure, but the game was far from over. Saying the game was "all but over" in that situation is a very defeatist attitude in my estimation.

I've heard this over and over on this board. I'm not blaming the loss on this play, but it was the dagger to the heart of our chances. A good pass there and we're down by 2 with 1:20 to go or so. The Bills have good kicking teams. I've see them pull off some off the wall crazy successful onsides kicks in the past. I'm sure the kicking teams coach (can't think of his name now) had something up his sleeve.

It was a long shot for sure. But man, I would have loved to have had that chance. We get that onsides and only have to go about 30 yards for a game winning field goal. It was a long shot sure, but the game was far from over. Saying the game was "all but over" in that situation is a very defeatist attitude in my estimation.

What Bills fan wouldn't have loved to see a TD there? But even you admit it was a "long shot for sure." "Long shot for sure" = "all but over"