DeAngelo Hall

Heat89

the guy was nasty in college. a top 10 pick in a great draft class. played on some real bad teams. we need secondary help. i think we should sign him for the rest of the year he could make a difference if not he sits the bench and done next year.

:oops:

Jauron??? John Guy?? Modrak??!?! we have enough secondary players

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Do not TOUCH Hall! Jauron wants smart players. Visions of Hall personally accounting for 45 yards in dead ball fouls on ONE drive (with the Falcons) still haunt me whenever someone throws out the idea of pursuing him.

shouldn't he prefer players that can block and tackle

..."In his eight games in Oakland, Hall was beaten 40 times for 552 yards on 66 passes thrown his way, according to STATS LLC."

http://news.cincinnati.com/article/2008110...0374/1066/SPT02

Well, then I was clearly wrong in my earlier post. He deserves far more than the Vet minimum.. :rolleyes:

hall is a great db. the problem is he seemed to get moss syndrome while in oakland and decided to only play when he wanted to(and it does not look like it was much). how can anyone can say the guy is overrated with 17 picks in the last bunch of years. did the opposing qb gift wrap them all the time?

oakland seems to be the place to go and disappear since the year they signed moss. a change of teams and d hall will be back to form. take it to the bank.

you're absolutely wrong saying hall is a great DB. this is the same guy that said he shut down TO when he "held" him to 7 catches for 112 yards. the same guy that single-handedly moved the panthers downfield with 3 personal foul penalties in a row.

deangelo hall sucks. he was overrated in college, he's overrated in the nfl, and i don't want him on the buffalo bills. :2cents:

i dont want him on the bills either after the problems with the management and coach in atlanta, but attitude aside the guy is good.

furthermore, there may be only 1 or 2 db's that could have sustained their high level of play without a pass rush.....

1 is deion sanders

i'm hard pressed to think of another

from wiki:

"Hall was drafted by the Atlanta Falcons with 8th overall pick of the 2004 NFL Draft. He finished his first season with 35 tackles and two interceptions.

One of Hall's finest moments came when he was assigned to one of the NFL's premier wide receivers, Terrell Owens of the Philadelphia Eagles, on Monday Night Football. Although Owens gained 112 receiving yards, Hall was able to stop Owens on many of the Eagles' third down attempts, and his tight coverage of Owens on the last Eagle possession of the game helped Atlanta clinch a 14-10 victory on September 12, 2005. Hall allowed 3 catches on 9 pass attempts towards Owens when playing man-to-man."

that is shutting someone down when it counts.

from wiki:

"Hall was drafted by the Atlanta Falcons with 8th overall pick of the 2004 NFL Draft. He finished his first season with 35 tackles and two interceptions.

One of Hall's finest moments came when he was assigned to one of the NFL's premier wide receivers, Terrell Owens of the Philadelphia Eagles, on Monday Night Football. Although Owens gained 112 receiving yards, Hall was able to stop Owens on many of the Eagles' third down attempts, and his tight coverage of Owens on the last Eagle possession of the game helped Atlanta clinch a 14-10 victory on September 12, 2005. Hall allowed 3 catches on 9 pass attempts towards Owens when playing man-to-man."

that is shutting someone down when it counts.

It was also one game, FOUR years ago.

Lets change the focus of this debate from signing Hall, to resigning Greer. I think everyone on this board would rather retain Greer, who will also be cheaper. I think with the depth we have it is in the Bills best interest to lock up Greer and let mcGee walk next year. I think Greer has played better over the past 2 seasons and will be cheaper than McGee. This will also give Youboty/Mckelvin/Corner another year to improve. In the meantime we can hopefully develope a pass rush