If playoffs started today

K-Gun10

If the season ended today

By Chris Brown - Posted November 4th, 2008

Here at the midway mark of the season, believe it or not the Bills would be on the outside looking in if playoff berths were handed out now.

At 5-3 the Bills are tied for the third best record in the AFC. The only problem is two of the other teams with that record are the Jets and Patriots.

And with Buffalo currently 0-2 in the division they not only aren’t the division leader via tiebreaker, but also would lose the final Wild Card spot to (ugh) New England by virtue of the Patriots’ better division record right now (1-1).

The Bills sit seventh in the conference, one spot out of the postseason. I know it’s only half the season, but it provides a peek at how critical the division record can be with the logjam that exists right now in the AFC.

It might not just mean the difference between winning the division and getting a Wild Card berth. It could mean the difference in getting a playoff berth at all.

Tags: AFC playoff picture, Wild Card

Here at the midway mark of the season, believe it or not the Bills would be on the outside looking in if playoff berths were handed out now.

At 5-3 the Bills are tied for the third best record in the AFC. The only problem is two of the other teams with that record are the Jets and Patriots.

And with Buffalo currently 0-2 in the division they not only aren’t the division leader via tiebreaker, but also would lose the final Wild Card spot to (ugh) New England by virtue of the Patriots’ better division record right now (1-1).

The Bills sit seventh in the conference, one spot out of the postseason. I know it’s only half the season, but it provides a peek at how critical the division record can be with the logjam that exists right now in the AFC.

It might not just mean the difference between winning the division and getting a Wild Card berth. It could mean the difference in getting a playoff berth at all.

Welcome to Buffalo Bills Football!!! :thumbsup:

We're out by a tie breaker now with 8 games to go. Woohoo. This sure as hell beats the last 2 seasons where around this time of year we were in the "if we win out we might the playoffs" mode. This is going to be fun. We can even afford to drop a few more!

Blitz the H E double hockey sticks out of Cassell and take care of the football !!

Go BILLS !!

I started a thread about how losing to the Cardinals would be good. This proves me right as it is our only loss helping us in the tie-breaker.

Guess what happened when I started that thread. I got verbally assualted by so called geniuses who are probably having crow three times a day right now.

I started a thread about how losing to the Cardinals would be good. This proves me right as it is our only loss helping us in the tie-breaker.

Guess what happened when I started that thread. I got verbally assualted by so called geniuses who are probably having crow three times a day right now.

No, you got verbally abused because you are a retard. If we beat the Cards, we would be in the playoffs as of now. So yah genius, it really helped us.

No, you got verbally abused because you are a retard. If we beat the Cards, we would be in the playoffs as of now. So yah genius, it really helped us.

Here is one of the geniuses now. And if I remember correctly a "North of the Border" variety genius.

Answer this: Which one of our losses hurts us least in the tie breaker this thread describes?

Here is one of the geniuses now. And if I remember correctly a "North of the Border" variety genius.

Answer this: Which one of our losses hurts us least in the tie breaker this thread describes?

They all hurt the same, because with one more win, we are in the playoffs as of now. No game is good to lose and if we win that game we are not in a tie breaker, we are winning our division and that means playoffs. Spin your bullschitt any way you want, your "losing is a good thing" theory is retarded and so are you.

They all hurt the same, because with one more win, we are in the playoffs as of now. No game is good to lose and if we win that game we are not in a tie breaker, we are winning our division and that means playoffs. Spin your bullschitt any way you want, your "losing is a good thing" theory is retarded and so are you.

I know the concept of a tie breaker can be difficult for some people but in truth it is not that hard. They should come up with a chart for pecking order of losses.

I know the concept of a tie breaker can be difficult for some people but in truth it is not that hard. They should come up with a chart for pecking order of losses.

How about the concept of win and there is no tie breaker? I like that one better.

THE PLAYOFFS DO NOT START AFTER THE EIGHTH GAME OF THE SEASON.(period!)