I CAN'T WAIT TO PLAY THE PATS*

murra

I kept hearing all night about how the Colts were getting burned by keeping their safeties back. Why? It's pretty clear after watching this game that Cassel has real trouble being accurate beyond 10-12 yards downfield. Just look at that last series when he was heaving desperation throws downfield that weren't within 15 yards of his target. Other than the long pass to Gaffney (that was dropped) I honestly can't recall him hitting on a pass that went more than 15 yards in the air. In such as case, even with Randy Moss and all, why not just sit on all the underneath stuff and bring at least one safety up into the box?

In terms of the Pats*' D, I thought they played alright tonight, considering all factors--as noted elsewhere, they did hold Manning to 18 points at home. Nothing to be ashamed about, really.

I kept hearing all night about how the Colts were getting burned by keeping their safeties back. Why? It's pretty clear after watching this game that Cassel has real trouble being accurate beyond 10-12 yards downfield. Just look at that last series when he was heaving desperation throws downfield that weren't within 15 yards of his target. Other than the long pass to Gaffney (that was dropped) I honestly can't recall him hitting on a pass that went more than 15 yards in the air. In such as case, even with Randy Moss and all, why not just sit on all the underneath stuff and bring at least one safety up into the box?

This doesn't bode well for the Bills, as they've had serious problems stopping the short passing game of their opponents.