If you HAVE to find a scapegoat

I've been reading the usual forum overreactions.

Trent is the same a JP.

Fire Jauron.

Ralph Wilson is killing us.

blah blah blah.

It's the typical 1hr after a loss stuff.

I don't blame Trent at all really. he still converted 63% of his 3rd downs.

But NO QB is gonna have success when your run game average 1.8 yards. Oline is shoddy in pass blocking at your D is not making tackles to stop teams and take the pressure off the O.

I'm not saying he didn't make a bad decision on the 1st INT.

But about halfway through the 2nd Q the Jets realized they didn't need to fear our run game at all and just started teeing off in the pass rush. No QB is gonna have success in these circumstances.

Our run game needs to be fixed ASAP. I think that means firing KUGLER. (edit.. OOPS)

Our big expensive OL is getting dominated weekly now. I don't know what happened to Peters, and that needs fixing. And the C-RG spots might need fixing as well.

But our blocking schemes are terrible and the line opens NOTHING up for Lynch and Jackson. WHich leads to Trent having to pass against all out pass D's.

My bad I meant Kugler... maybe we can get McNALLY back. LOL!

But our blocking Schemes have been terrible none the less.

we have this huge expensive OLine and it's been god awful. I gotta think that's not all due to lack of talent.

Whatever is wrong with Peters isn't being fixed it seems. and I've seen teams with less talent get a heck of a lot more from their players.

I gotta think that's coaching and scheme.

Trent is the same a JP.

Fire Jauron.

blah blah blah.

But NO QB is gonna have success when your run game average 1.8 yards. Oline is shoddy in pass blocking at your D is not making tackles to stop teams and take the pressure off the O.

But about halfway through the 2nd Q the Jets realized they didn't need to fear our run game at all and just started teeing off in the pass rush. No QB is gonna have success in these circumstances.

Our run game needs to be fixed ASAP. I think that means firing McNally.

Our big expensive OL is getting dominated weekly now. I don't know what happened to Peters, and that needs fixing. And the C-RG spots might need fixing as well.

But our blocking schemes are terrible and the line opens NOTHING up for Lynch and Jackson. WHich leads to Trent having to pass against all out pass D's.

Should we fire Wade Phillips too?

Trent's turnovers happened in the 1st quarter. The Jets went to an all-out pass D that early? Wrong.

The fumble was a total missed blitz pickup on mcINtyre (why did we let Barnes go??)

The INT was not a great decision for sure, but Jenkins was again in trents face very quickly.

The fumble was a total missed blitz pickup on mcINtyre (why did we let Barnes go??)

The INT was not a great decision for sure, but Jenkins was again in trents face very quickly.

The knock on JP was ball security and bad decisions.

My bad I meant Kugler... maybe we can get McNALLY back. LOL!

But our blocking Schemes have been terrible none the less.

we have this huge expensive OLine and it's been god awful. I gotta think that's not all due to lack of talent.

Whatever is wrong with Peters isn't being fixed it seems. and I've seen teams with less talent get a heck of a lot more from their players.

I gotta think that's coaching and scheme.

McNally was equally bad....Who we really need is the guy who went to become the OL coach of the Steelers...When he was here, he was the coach for the tackles and it showed in the play of Peters.

The knock on JP was ball security and bad decisions.

Let us not get carried away...The knock on JP was the inability to complete the short passes and move the chains...

I don't think Edwards is the problem with this team. May be he believes too much in his team mates to help him out....Our WRs sucked.....Our #1 WR was bottled down the whole day...He could not make a single game changing play. I wish they had put Parrish on the game ending play, he may have got the TD.

Let us not get carried away...The knock on JP was the inability to complete the short passes and move the chains...

I don't think Edwards is the problem with this team. May be he believes too much in his team mates to help him out....Our WRs sucked.....Our #1 WR was bottled down the whole day...He could not make a single game changing play. I wish they had put Parrish on the game ending play, he may have got the TD.

I wish they ahd used Steve Johnson... at least in preseason he proved he would FIGHT for the ball. Hardy seems to just hope no one will try.

also.. i don't know WHAT the solution is on the OL, but better coaching has to help.

Trent is the same a JP.

Fire Jauron.

blah blah blah.

Our run game needs to be fixed ASAP. I think that means firing KUGLER. (edit.. OOPS)

nice post. everything starts up front. and we get dominated on both sides up front. still.

The O-line is half the problem ... the other half is the pass rush, or lack there of ... Look at the Greer pick ... no time, bad throw, TD the other way.

I am convinced more than ever that you need 3 things to win in the NFL, and the rest is window dressing.

1. A quarterback you can trust. 2. The ability to run the ball. 3. A pass rush.

Despite the turnovers the last 2 weeks, I still think the Bills have #1. The other two have not been there all season save for the pass rush in the opener. Edwards bailed them out with some great 4th quarters, but if they can't find a way to move it on the ground some and get more heat, 5-1 is going to turn into a disappointing 9-7 really fast. Actually, that will be like dying a slow death.