Is Lee Evans a #1 WR?

Fingon

The whole #1, #2, #3 thing is a pretty antiquated way of looking at it, imo.

The way you should look at the receiving corps is this:

A) Do you have an elite deep threat?

B) Do you have an elite move-the-chains guy?

C) Do you have one more reliable guy with good hands?

Evans count as A, I think. Reed counts as C. We're still looking for B. Once you have all A B and C together, that's a great receiving corps and you can stand pat.

Reed might be one of the NFL's best at converting on 3rd down even when catching the ball 2 or 3 yards short...I would say he is definitely a solid category B player....he also has one of the highest catch rates for a WR in the NFL as well...

I hate to preach, but...would you call someone you barely knew an idiot to their face during a conversation? I doubt you would, so why do it here?

Well, people started calling me "idiot" as soon as I joined TSW, so I kinda saw it as the protocol. In essence, you are correct but hey, that seems to be the way things are done around here...

Yes...Lee Evans is a legitimate #1 receiver in the NFL. :rolleyes:

My definition of a #1 receiver is the person has to be unquestionably a top 15 receiver in the league. There is no question that Evans fits that bill (pun intended).

No he's not a top 5 receiver in the league, but it can be argued he falls somewhere between 6-15 in the league.

Unfortunately, the Bills haven't had a legitimate #2 receiver since the Eric Moulds/Peerless Price (1st time around) combo about 5-6 years ago. Before that, the last time we had a legit 1-2 combo was the Reed/Lofton era.

The Bills have the following receiving corp:

#1. Evans

#2 (None)

#3 (Reed)

#4 (Parrish)

Unknown: Hardy, Jenkins & Johnson.

Note: I personally believe Johnson could become a talented and dependable #3 in this league. I hate saying it...but Hardy doesn't have #1 or #2 written on him. He is a 3-4 at his best. Jenkins is at best a #5 and stud special teams player.

What about Johnson makes you think that? His 1 catch for 7 yards? Simply put, we haven't seen nearly enough out of the guy to even come close to making a judgment. And while we're at it, what makes you say that about Hardy? I know he hasn't impressed anybody, but wide receivers are known as the position that takes the longest to develop. Give him a year and let's see where he's at. It is WAY too early to say that his upside is being a number 3 receiver.