it's simple

JimmyPage

Sorry to burst your Beastmode bubble Charlie but while average may be understating his talent he is NOT 1st round material.

I would rather see Westbrook, Turner, Gore or Barber behind Trent. Where were they drafted?

Believe your eyes not the hype.

Barber - 2005

Westbrook - 2002

Gore - 2005

Turner - 2004

Lynch - 2007

Maybe before pulling the plug on him just yet, we should wait and see what he does in the 2nd, 3rd, 4th seasons first. You know what the key to success for those guys above? Letting them develop. With the exception of Turner, they are all starters who have had plenty of bad games.

In fact:

Westbrook didn't do anything in the league for 2 years.

Barber had nothing but short TD's in his first two years and didn't earn a starting spot until his second year.

Gore started his rookie year in 1 game, but played in 14. He had 600 yds.

Lynch has more career yards than Turner does, and he was drafted 3 years later.

Lynch came in from day 1 and literally hit the ground running which is EXACTLY why we drafted him. He's not a project, or a long shot. He's a legitimate NFL running back who started right from the start of his career and will prove to be one of the elite backs in the NFL over time. Not many backs in this league can say that, including the 4 listed above. Sure there are backs that are better then him, but there isn't one post on this board that is saying he is the best RB in the league.

Your tag line sucks, too.

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, I just started watching football in 2007. Who is JP?

Saying something as stupid as "unworthy of being a 1st rounder" exhibits why you're a clown. Did you start watching Marshawn in 2007? Because I started watching Marshawn as a freshman at Cal, and by the time he was done tearing up the Pac-10 he was a sure-fire 1st rounder if I'd ever seen one. But because 20 games into his career he hasn't broken a rushing record like AP shows he wasn't a worthy 1st round pick...unbelievable. And yea lol, there are TONS of people who disagree with me in this thread...I count 3. And they all say the same worthless crap over and over like you do. Where is the Fred Jackson touchdowns in the indoor football league stat when you need it?

Well then.......

1st of all, dominance in PAC 10 does not automatically translate to dominance in the NFL.

Do you want the perfunctory list of Heisman winners that sucked in the pro's?

I DO NOT think Jackson is better or should start over ML.

I have been watching football probably much longer than you have been alive.

If your telling me ML runs as hard as ANY back you have ever seen I take that to mean you havent seen many.

You are welcome to disagree with me but the name calling diminishes your argument.

Peace

Barber - 2005

Westbrook - 2002

Gore - 2005

Turner - 2004

Lynch - 2007

Maybe before pulling the plug on him just yet, we should wait and see what he does in the 2nd, 3rd, 4th seasons first. You know what the key to success for those guys above? Letting them develop. With the exception of Turner, they are all starters who have had plenty of bad games.

In fact:

Westbrook didn't do anything in the league for 2 years.

Barber had nothing but short TD's in his first two years and didn't earn a starting spot until his second year.

Gore started his rookie year in 1 game, but played in 14. He had 600 yds.

Lynch has more career yards than Turner does, and he was drafted 3 years later.

Lynch came in from day 1 and literally hit the ground running which is EXACTLY why we drafted him. He's not a project, or a long shot. He's a legitimate NFL running back who started right from the start of his career and will prove to be one of the elite backs in the NFL over time. Not many backs in this league can say that, including the 4 listed above. Sure there are backs that are better then him, but there isn't one post on this board that is saying he is the best RB in the league.

Your tag line sucks, too.

Where did I say pull the plug on him?????

Would you say ML fits well in this group when comparing ability?

He started from day one because the Bills had no choice!

Those other guys had starters ahead of them on the depth chart ML did not!

Why did Turner have to sit 3 yrs?

Can you recall LT starting ahead of Turner?

How can you say Westbrook or Turner are not Elite!!! Are you drinking today?

Sorry if the tagline sucked :lol:

1st of all, dominance in PAC 10 does not automatically translate to dominance in the NFL.

Do you want the perfunctory list of Heisman winners that sucked in the pro's?

Completely irrevelant. When did I even try to make the argument that good RBs never bust out in the pros? You said Marshawn wasn't worth a 1st round pick, which is absolutely absurd.

I agree with most of this, but there is no way in hell that Michael Turner is an elite back. I don't see how anyone in their right mind could put him in the top 5-8 when he's done next to nothing in the NFL.

Here it is in the nutshell.

Bill effed up drafting McGahee. He was good but they made the mistake of replacing one douche bag (Henry) with another when they drafted him.

After realizing they had to get rid of this creep and traded him, they were left in the position of having to draft for need and wound up reaching a bit when drafting ML.

I never said he is a bust.

I am greatful he is not a bust and is a good player.

I hope he does not continue the legacy of Travis and Willis, (have you ever read ML's blogs?ouch...) and does not hit people with his car again.

Once again, only my opinion.

However, I am not the only Bills fan thinking this way.

Here it is in the nutshell.

Bill effed up drafting McGahee. He was good but they made the mistake of replacing one douche bag (Henry) with another when they drafted him.

After realizing they had to get rid of this creep and traded him, they were left in the position of having to draft for need and wound up reaching a bit when drafting ML.

I never said he is a bust.

I am greatful he is not a bust and is a good player.

I hope he does not continue the legacy of Travis and Willis, (have you ever read ML's blogs?ouch...) and does not hit people with his car again.

Once again, only my opinion.

However, I am not the only Bills fan thinking this way.

They didnt reach for Lynch....

GB would have snatched him up a couple picks later...

I absolutely think ML fits in with these guys. My point was that the Bills front office realized that without a very good running back, they weren't going to get anywhere. They drafted the best RB that was on the board in 2007. They didn't have time to sift through 2 or 3 years of lower round picks to see who materialized as a legit back 2 or 3 years after they started their careers. They needed a back who could start at day 1, which is a tough thing to find unless you have your pick of pretty much everyone (minus Peterson). Even then, it's a crap shoot.

I'm not saying that they aren't elite backs, I was saying that they didn't start when they were drafted. They've matured into elite NFL backs.

And I realize the situations that surround Turner and the other regarding their teams' depth. My main point is that they weren't drafted to be day 1 starters and they didn't play as the starters from day 1.

Buffalo's situation in 2007 was that they needed a back who could step in immediately and make an impact. 1100 yds and 7 TD's in your rookie year shows that Marshawn is well on his way to having an elite career.

All I'm saying is that comparing Lynch to someone like Westbrook isn't fair yet. Lynch is 20 games into his career.

They didnt reach for Lynch....

GB would have snatched him up a couple picks later...

You say that because you know someone who knows someone that used to know someone that worked for the Packers?............

Gimme a break, to say that he would have been drafted by another team later in the round is only a guess.

You say that because you know someone who knows someone that used to know someone that worked for the Packers?............

Gimme a break, to say that he would have been drafted by another team later in the round is only a guess.

Its also a guess to say he was a reach 20 games into his career. Apparently, all the draft analysts who called him 1st round talent last year had it wrong and you are right.

I agree with most of this, but there is no way in hell that Michael Turner is an elite back. I don't see how anyone in their right mind could put him in the top 5-8 when he's done next to nothing in the NFL.

Turner is truly a beast. I think he is 2nd or 3d in yrds behind Portis (another 3rd rounder)He is averaging 4.5 has about 6-7 scores and is not injury prone ala ML. Is Atlantas OL great?

Its also a guess to say he was a reach 20 games into his career. Apparently, all the draft analysts who called him 1st round talent last year had it wrong and you are right.

I agree many analysts had him going in the late 1st round. Honestly I thought he was a good pick when we grabbed him.

We now have the benefit of hindsight and having that I think it turned out to be a slight reach because of need.

Compared to other 1st round RB's who have started from day one since 2004....

Adrian Peterson- 111.2Tyds/g

Steven Jackson- 102.7Tyds/g

Marshawn Lynch- 94.8Tyds/g

Ronnie Brown- 92.6Tyds/g

Joeseph Addai- 85.7Tyds/g

Reggie Bush- 83.7Tyds/g

Laurence Maroney- 66.1Tyd/g

And we havent even scratched the surface of what Marshawn can bring to the passing game......

Ronnie Brown- 92.6Tyds/g

Reggie Bush- 83.7Tyds/g

And we havent even scratched the surface of what Marshawn can bring to the passing game......

Add Kevin Jones and Cadillac Williams to that list..

Ronnie Brown- 92.6Tyds/g

Reggie Bush- 83.7Tyds/g

Why do you continue to ignore the 2nd 3rd 4th 5th rounders and undrafted players that are > ML?

BTW, Brown, Addai, Maroney? Middle round talent.

R. Bush, 2nd overall pick! gee turns out he is a receiver. Who woulda thought.

Why do you continue to ignore the 2nd 3rd 4th 5th rounders and undrafted players that are > ML?

ok

Brian Westbrook 130.2Tyds/g

Ladainian Tomlinson 112.1Tyds/g

Clinton Portis 110.3Tyds/g

Frank Gore 106.7Tyds/g

Earnest Graham 96.8Tyds/g

Brandon Jacob 96.7Tyds/g

Willie Parker 96.8Tyds/g

Micheal Turner 94.2Tyds/g

Jamal Lewis 93.2Tyds/g

Ryan Grant 91.5Tyds/g

Larry Johnson 90.3Tyds/g