it's simple

JimmyPage

I tried to explain this before.

I'll list the problems in order of magnitude

1. they have NO pass rush

2. they have an elephant offensive line that cannot run block and sometimes struggles to pick up the blitz

3. Lynch is ordinary

4. the backup QB is a worthless.

5. Robert Royal is a bust

Other than that the Bills are a good team.

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not me I've watched this game for too many years for it to take me that long to I.D. a bust.

:devil:

Royal is in his 7th season......and was a 5th round pick originally.

I don't think 'bust' is the correct descriptive word when applied to FA pickups. Hasn't panned out......waste of money....etc would work better.

2. they have an elephant offensive line that cannot run block and sometimes struggles to pick up the blitz

3. Lynch is ordinary

I have no issue and agree with #1 and #2, but to say Lynch is ordinary is just silly. The guy's got skillz we, or at least everyone except you, can see. He's earned most of his yards carrying defenders on his back. Did you see that great TD run 2 days ago against Miami? Our backup QB is lousy but the same goes for about 28 other NFL teams so it carries no weight. Robert Royal is nothing more than a blocking TE which is basically all he did in Washington. If Levy and John Guy thought they could get any type of offensive production from him they were delusional or didn't scout him adequately before signing him as a free agent.

:devil:

Royal is in his 7th season......and was a 5th round pick originally.

I don't think 'bust' is the correct descriptive word when applied to FA pickups. Hasn't panned out......waste of money....etc would work better.

I call it a bust.

It's a FA bust as far as I'm concerned.

I have no issue and agree with #1 and #2, but to say Lynch is ordinary is just silly. The guy's got skillz we, or at least everyone except you, can see. He's earned most of his yards carrying defenders on his back. Did you see that great TD run 2 days ago against Miami? Our backup QB is lousy but the same goes for about 28 other NFL teams so it carries no weight. Robert Royal is nothing more than a blocking TE which is basically all he did in Washington. If Levy and John Guy thought they could get any type of offensive production from him they were delusional or didn't scout him adequately before signing him as a free agent.

Well that is a well known rinky dink little forum tactic when you proclaim that everyone except one person (in this case me) shares your opinion.

Nice try.

Actually it's weak and far from true.

I don't know which forum you are reading, but there are plenty of people on this one calling for Jackson to get more carries.

Lynch's YPC is pedestrian.

3. Lynch is ordinary

I agree with your first 3 points

More important, when are you and Robert going out on tour? :devil:

Well that is a well known rinky dink little forum tactic when you proclaim that everyone except one person (in this case me) shares your opinion.

Nice try.

Actually it's weak and far from true.

I don't know which forum you are reading, but there are plenty of people this one calling for Jackson to get more carries.

Lynch's YPC is pedestrian.

Yea, and I'm sure that those "plenty of people" wanted Frank Reich over Jim Kelly and Kenneth Davis over Thurman Thomas back in the day. Lynch's YPC is very pedestrian but #2 on your afore mentioned list accounts for that.

Yea, and I'm sure that those "plenty of people" wanted Frank Reich over Jim Kelly and Kenneth Davis over Thurman Thomas back in the day. Lynch's YPC is very pedestrian but #2 on your afore mentioned list accounts for that.

HAHAHA now you are pulling out an equally lame forum tactic , assigning statements to others in order to prop yourself up.

Let me use a common one too....how old are you?

Not sure if you are watching the same games we are.

Do you realize how many first downs Lynch has had to literally fight for? If not for his determination, grit and fight, this team wouldn't be in the position it is in at the moment, and I'm speaking of it's good record. To claim Lynch is ordinary is damn silly. I love Fred Jackson just as much as the next guy, but he couldn't do what he's done without the help of Lynch.

Look at what your boy Fred Jackson did when he was given 3 carries near the goal line. Our offensive line gave him NO push, not a single damn yard and Fred couldn't get that TD. There's a reason why people were screaming over why Lynch wasn't in that series, because they know that's the type of touchdown Lynch CAN get and Fred can't because he creates yards when there's nothing.

Fred is really shifty and good late in the game when the opposing team's line is worn down. Go ahead, review the second half running stats. You'll notice a trend. We're more effective. Now try to deny that Lynch isn't a huge reason for that.

Count me as another that thinks labeling Lynch as ordinary is silly. In fact, we have no idea of what he is because our run blocking has sucked. It is a truism that he has singlehandedly gained most of his yards this year in less than advatageous situations. I won't go as far as to label the guy a superstar, but I do think the potential is there.

I agree with your first 3 points

More important, when are you and Robert going out on tour? :devil:

Plant has gone too far off the deep end with his forrays into other types of 'music'.

I want to distance myself from him at this point, there will be no tour.

The backup QB problem should be last in magnitude. Robert Royal has cost us in many situations this year. He's our starting tight end, most of the time. JP has seen the field once this year. I'd definitely rank not having a legitimate tight end (who's been on the field every game) above having an average backup quarterback.

HAHAHA now you are pulling out an equally lame forum tactic , assigning statements to others in order to prop yourself up.

I think you might have some personal issues. Lighten up. "Forum Tactic" is a bit dramatic eh? Lynch is a stud RB, it shouldn't even be a debate IMHO. :devil:

Count me as another that thinks labeling Lynch as ordinary is silly. In fact, we have no idea of what he is because our run blocking has sucked. It is a truism that he has singlehandedly gained most of his yards this year in less than advatageous situations. I won't go as far as to label the guy a superstar, but I do think the potential is there.

It depends on how fast a fan can identify a player's skill level.

I recall this same type of denial in regard to Losman...we don't know yet ..he's in his 4th year but he's still a rookie...the offensive coordinator blows....etc etc....you know the type of stuff that was going on.

For me it's not difficult at all to judge a RB, all pro offensive line or not.

Easiest position on the field to judge.

If we had a Thurman Thomas or even a Joe Cribbs back there, they would still stand out as players.

Great RBs make Olines look good, Lynch doesn't have that type of ability.

Behind a great Oline Lynch would run for 1200-1400, so would plenty of other RBs, but he needs a GREAT line.

If any truly objective Bills fan who follows the team thinks Marshawn Lynch is "average" as you have stated, then they like yourself don't know a whole lot about the game of football. Do me a favor and go root for the Cowboys because most of their casual fans like you don't know crap about and probably never played the game.

If any truly objective Bills fan who follows the team thinks Marshawn Lynch is "average" as you have stated, then they like yourself don't know a whole lot about the game of football. Do me a favor and go root for the Cowboys because most of their casual fans like you don't know crap about and probably never played the game.

Well people that see Lynch as much more than average are novices at best.

In most cases they are kids taking in by and giddy with catch phrases like "beast mode".

But everyone is a kid at one point or another.