it's simple

JimmyPage

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well that is a well known rinky dink little forum tactic when you proclaim that everyone except one person (in this case me) shares your opinion.

Nice try.

Actually it's weak and far from true.

I don't know which forum you are reading, but there are plenty of people on this one calling for Jackson to get more carries.

Lynch's YPC is pedestrian.

I agree completely on Lynch-- no doubt the physical talent is there but I do question his instincts as a running back

Funny really.....you talk about things sailing over the heads of others yet in 26 posts the only thing you have put forward to back your statement that "Lynch is ordinary" is.....well.....saying that "Lynch is ordinary".

This thread feels a bit like a Python sketch.......

"Lynch is ordinary"

"No he isn't"

"Ohhhh, yes he is!"

Perhaps if you'd back up your base claims with some analysis of his play. Dissection of certain key plays where he has erred, assessment of his blocking & blitz pickup, pass catching analysis, fumble proclivity, toughness, durability, initial burst.......all compared with the analysis of other RBs(particularly FJ).....perhaps if you did more than state "This is what I reckon & all y'all are wrong if you disagree.....because it's obvious you idiots." you would have less antagonistic responses and might actually garner respectful responses leading to intelligent football discussion.

If I want to insist on intelligent conversation, I'd have to remove you from the thread.

The bottom line is not about the RB's, it's the O line! They are not very good at run blocking and Royal is a part of that, if they could run block, both backs could have 1000 yd seasons.

This is why I question taking a RB in the first round. I understand a talent like Adrian Petersen. Look at Maroney, he's an average back that plays like a elite back 5 times a year. Is that worth a 1st round pick given the short careers of most backs.

If I want to insist on intelligent conversation, I'd have to remove you from the thread.

You didn't answer the question. What facts do you have for this on Jackson vs Lynch? The .50 YPC that Jackson has over Lynch (3.7 compared to 4.2)? Is that really what you're basing your argument on? The fact that Lynch has 2.50 times the carries that Jackson has, with almost the same YPC?

The 5 less touchdowns that Jackson has than Lynch?

How about 3 runs by Jackson on the goal line last week. How'd that end up? I suppose that at THAT time, the OLine was to blame.

I love Jackson as a compliment back, but if OC's had to gameplan for him, he would be less ordinary than Lynch. Lynch ran for 1100 yards in his rookie year. Sophomores slump. It happens every year.

The problem with our run game is the OLine, not the backs.

Guest dog14787
You didn't answer the question. What facts do you have for this on Jackson vs Lynch? The .50 YPC that Jackson has over Lynch (3.7 compared to 4.2)? Is that really what you're basing your argument on? The fact that Lynch has 2.50 times the carries that Jackson has, with almost the same YPC?

The 5 less touchdowns that Jackson has than Lynch?

How about 3 runs by Jackson on the goal line last week. How'd that end up? I suppose that at THAT time, the OLine was to blame.

I love Jackson as a compliment back, but if OC's had to gameplan for him, he would be less ordinary than Lynch. Lynch ran for 1100 yards in his rookie year. Sophomores slump. It happens every year.

The problem with our run game is the OLine, not the backs.

Allot easier to repeat my post than to keep arguing the same points over and over,

In seven games so far this season Marshawn Lynch is averaging 3.7 yards a carry and 6.1 yards a catch. Fred Jackson is averaging 4.2 yards a carry and 8.6 yards a catch. Marshawns numbers have decreased from 2007 to 2008, Freddies have increased, then add the fact that fast Freddie gets less play time and it should tell you something. Freddie Jackson's stats and big play on the field suggests we need to get him the ball more not less.

Besides college and NFL experience, Fred Jackson played two seasons for the Sioux City Bandits in the National Indoor Football League (2004) and the United Indoor Football League (2005). He was named the 2005 UIF co-MVP in 2005 as he ran for 1,770 yards and 41 touchdowns. Maybe it was a different league, so what, don't try to tell me Fred Jackson won't find the endzone if you give him a chance, and if you want a 100 yard rusher, Action Jackson's your man.

FRED JACKSON DESERVES TO START

Oh, and the 5 less touchdowns? Marshawn lynch gets the ball 70% of the time and 90% of the time in the red zone so your 5 touchdowns doesn't mean squat, or shouldn't depending on how well educated you are and if you could pick any set of downs you want to prove a point with you could do that forever and never prove anything to me.

note: Fast Freddie career average a carry in the NFL, a lofty 4.7

Allot easier to repeat my post than to keep arguing the same points over and over,

In two threads I ended up with allot of good info in regards to Fred Jackson and why I Billieve he should be the starter for the Buffalo Bills.

In seven games so far this season Marshawn Lynch is averaging 3.7 yards a carry and 6.1 yards a catch. Fred Jackson is averaging 4.2 yards a carry and 8.6 yards a catch. Marshawns numbers have decreased from 2007 to 2008, Freddies have increased, then add the fact that fast Freddie gets less play time and it should tell you something. Freddie Jackson's stats and big play on the field suggests we need to get him the ball more not less.

Besides college and NFL experience, Fred Jackson played two seasons for the Sioux City Bandits in the National Indoor Football League (2004) and the United Indoor Football League (2005). He was named the 2005 UIF co-MVP in 2005 as he ran for 1,770 yards and 41 touchdowns. Maybe it was a different league, so what, don't try to tell me Fred Jackson won't find the endzone if you give him a chance, and if you want a 100 yard rusher, Action Jackson's your man.

This is the two games Fred Jackson took Marshawn's place last year as the starter.

Washington: 16 for 82, against a stout run defense and Miami: 15 for 115, averaging 6.3 yards a carry as a starter, let me repeat, Fred Jackson averaged 6.3 yards a carry as a starter when Lynch had ankle problems last year.

If you want to fault the O-line for our poor running why is it then Fred jackson does so much better then Lynch behind the same O-line?

Why, because Fred Jackson see's the holes and goes through them, Lynch is determined he has to plow through defenders to make a hole and I don't care how much power you have, when you run smack into defenders in this league its not going to add up to much. Go take a look at Willis McGahee's numbers, he runs the same way. It might look impressive, but its not big play.

FRED JACKSON DESERVES TO START

Oh, and the 5 less touchdowns? Marshawn lynch gets the ball 70% of the time and 90% of the time in the red zone so your 5 touchdowns doesn't mean squat, or shouldn't depending on how well educated you are and if you want to pick any set of downs you want to prove a point you could do that forever and never prove anything to me.

note: Fast Freddie career average a carry in the NFL, a lofty 4.7

Note: Kenneth Davis, a lofty 4.4 YPC in 6 yrs with the Bills, .3 higher than Thomas' 4.1 YPC. This is how Jackson's career should play out as I see it.

Marshawn gets the ball 70% of the time because the professional football coaches feel he's the better back. Excuse me if I don't take your word on it based on his time in the United Indoor League and 2 professional starts against a HORRID Dolphins 2007 team and a decent Redskins team that didn't gameplan for him because they had nothing on him.

Like I said before, I love Jackson as a compliment, but not the starter. Don't forget that in his only 100+ yard game, Marshawn ran for 100+ as well.

Guest dog14787
Note: Kenneth Davis, a lofty 4.4 YPC in 6 yrs with the Bills, .3 higher than Thomas' 4.1 YPC. This is how Jackson's career should play out as I see it.

Marshawn gets the ball 70% of the time because the professional football coaches feel he's the better back. Excuse me if I don't take your word on it based on his time in the United Indoor League and 2 professional starts against a HORRID Dolphins 2007 team and a decent Redskins team that didn't gameplan for him because they had nothing on him.

Like I said before, I love Jackson as a compliment, but not the starter. Don't forget that in his only 100+ yard game, Marshawn ran for 100+ as well.

I have given you facts that Fred Jackson is the better RB and so far all I get is opinions on why he isn't and zero to back it up with, what because Marshawn has more power and tries to bowl someone over it makes him better? You don't think new superstars are born every day, how do you think they get discovered.

Oh, I get it, he's a first rounder so he's gotta be good, gotcha :lol:

Lets not even get into Lynch's Character issues, we could open up a whole new can of worms there. :(

I have given you facts that Fred Jackson is the better RB and so far all I get is opinions on why he isn't and zero to back it up with, what because Marshawn has more power and tries to bowl someone over it makes him better? You don't think new superstars are born every day, how do you think they get discovered.

Oh, I get it, he's a first rounder so he's gotta be good, gotcha :lol:

Lets not even get into Lynch's Character issues, we could open up a whole new can of worms there. :(

Right, the fact that he had 41 touchdowns in an indoor football league. Guess what, Marshawn is so good that he didn't have to play in an indoor league. And if he did, he probably would have had more touchdowns.

Your opinion is fine, and it's your opinion that he's a first rounder so he starts, not mine. It's not the coach's opinion, it's not the analysts, and it's not the opinion of the majority of the posters on this board. The only one that's saying that Fred Jackson should start is you and your other screen name, Jimmy Page.

My opinion is that there are a ton of Fred Jacksons in the NFL, but there are few backs in the NFL that have consistently show the toughness that Marshawn has when he runs. Christ, the guy's played in 22 NFL games, has 1600 yds, and 13 touchdowns.

The proof that you're looking for is in their NFL careers.

Right, the fact that he had 41 touchdowns in an indoor football league. Guess what, Marshawn is so good that he didn't have to play in an indoor league. And if he did, he probably would have had more touchdowns.

Your opinion is fine, and it's your opinion that he's a first rounder so he starts, not mine. It's not the coach's opinion, it's not the analysts, and it's not the opinion of the majority of the posters on this board. The only one that's saying that Fred Jackson should start is you and your other screen name, Jimmy Page.

My opinion is that there are a ton of Fred Jacksons in the NFL, but there are few backs in the NFL that have consistently show the toughness that Marshawn has when he runs. Christ, the guy's played in 22 NFL games, has 1600 yds, and 13 touchdowns.

Here we go again, another clown with the old....'everyone agrees with my opinion' routine.

Then she tries to say that anyone who disagrees with her, is the same poster under another name.

How weak, even for a girl.

Get a life , not everyone agrees wth you missy, reread the thread and you'll see that.

Here we go again, another clown with the old....'everyone agrees with my opinion' routine.

Then she tries to say that anyone who disagrees with her, is the same poster under another name.

How weak, even for a girl.

Get a life , not everyone agrees wth you missy, reread the thread and you'll see that.

This doesn't make much sense.

Guest dog14787

Exactly why I try to use career stats to prove my point, on one hand folks seem to think if we give the ball more to Lynch his stats go up and on the other Jackson's stats aren't as meaningful because he carries the ball less, you can't have it both ways. Freddie Jacksons stats could get better with more carries just like some folks assume Lynch's will .

Guest dog14787
Suddenly Stats in the ultimate team sport are considered "facts" for evaluating individuals. Great!! :lol:

The Kenny Davis comparison above was most welcome..

Right, to similiar runners playing behind a good O-line and Lynch isn't as good as Thomas or Davis, good point. :(

It depends on how fast a fan can identify a player's skill level.

I recall this same type of denial in regard to Losman...we don't know yet ..he's in his 4th year but he's still a rookie...the offensive coordinator blows....etc etc....you know the type of stuff that was going on.

For me it's not difficult at all to judge a RB, all pro offensive line or not.

Easiest position on the field to judge.

If we had a Thurman Thomas or even a Joe Cribbs back there, they would still stand out as players.

Great RBs make Olines look good, Lynch doesn't have that type of ability.

Behind a great Oline Lynch would run for 1200-1400, so would plenty of other RBs, but he needs a GREAT line.

So because he only ran for 1,100+ yards last year, he is a bust? You are an overly-dramatic moron. Ask Charger fans if LaDanian Tomlinson is making their o-line look good, or Colts' fans if Joseph Addai is helping their anemic linemen. Boy that Jaguar tandem of running backs looks really good this year behind their line, don't they?

I can't believe I just wasted 90 seconds of my time on your idiotic, unfounded babble.

Right, to similiar runners playing behind a good O-line and Lynch isn't as good as Thomas or Davis, good point. :lol:

Exactly because nevermind the following:

-What down and distance a carry was on

-What team they were playing

-What part of the field the play was on.

-How the line blocked on the particular play

-What defensive call was made? Was it an obvious running situation, or a 3rd down and long draw play (Freddy most commonly lined up for that play over Lynch for example) to get into a better punting situation.

-What the conditions were like

-What the fatigue level of the opponent was

-What plays were run leading up to this play

-etc

-etc....

I really like both backs on our team btw

Guest dog14787
So because he only ran for 1,100+ yards last year, he is a bust? You are an overly-dramatic moron. Ask Charger fans if LaDanian Tomlinson is making their o-line look good, or Colts' fans if Joseph Addai is helping their anemic linemen. Boy that Jaguar tandem of running backs looks really good this year behind their line, don't they?

I can't believe I just wasted 90 seconds of my time on your idiotic, unfounded babble.

Ladanian Tomlinson is averaging 4.5 yards a carry in his career so ya, the O-line gets some credit, whats your point? and it seems like if I remember correctly, don't quote me on this because my memorey is horrible and sometimes selective :lol: , but Marshawn Lynch averaged more touches per game then any RB in the NFL last year.

Ladanian Tomlinson is averaging 4.5 yards a carry in his career so ya, the O-line gets some credit, whats your point? and it seems like if I remember correctly, don't quote me on this because my memorey is horrible and sometimes selective :lol: , but Marshawn Lynch had more touches then any RB in the NFL last year.

that's incorrect, especially since marshawn missed several games due to injury.

marshawn had the most carries per game played iirc