Why not 2

I realize, at this point, that this would have had no bearing on the final outcome, but

why in the world did we not go for the 2-point conversion after the touchdown to start the

second half? Am I missing something, or is it just Jauron's conservatism rearing it's ugly

head, once again? I would almost bet that the little card that they carry around said go

for 2. :P

I realize, at this point, that this would have had no bearing on the final outcome, but

why in the world did we not go for the 2-point conversion after the touchdown to start the

second half? Am I missing something, or is it just Jauron's conservatism rearing it's ugly

head, once again? I would almost bet that the little card that they carry around said go

for 2. :P

There is a chart that indicates the time to go for 2.

Plus it was the start of the second half.

Lastly would those 2 points mattered?

You only go for two when the game is dwindling and the point changes the number of scoring opportunities. I can recall a number of times teams going for two early and it coming back to bite them. It's not easy to get the two points, it's less than 50/50, so two TD's and a PAT, you're further ahead than taking a chance on going for two. That early there's still a high likelihood they will score another TD in the game. Therefore two PAT's have higher odds of success.

Definitely kick there. A 9 point lead (16-7) is a two score game. A 10 point lead (17-7) is a two score game. An 8 point lead (15-7) is a 1 score game. The card says kick.

Dick has a different, simpler card.

It says:

Always kick for 1, it's safer.

Always kick a field goal on 4th down, even when inside the opponents 1 yard line on a nice day.

Don't rush too many guys on defense, you might get beat deep even by noodle armed Chad Pennington.

With a first down on your own 1 yard line, pass on 3 consectutive plays. Wait a minute, who added that to the card?

Dick has a different, simpler card.

It says:

Always kick for 1, it's safer.

Always kick a field goal on 4th down, even when inside the opponents 1 yard line on a nice day.

Don't rush too many guys on defense, you might get beat deep even by noodle armed Chad Pennington.

With a first down on your own 1 yard line, pass on 3 consectutive plays. Wait a minute, who added that to the card?

Ah, somebody finally gets my point, Dick is tooooo conservative.