Dolphins Owner Wants to Sell Before Obama Raises CG Taxes

Dolphins owner H. Wayne Huizenga claims Obama would almost double the capital gains tax, so he wants to sell off as much of the Dolphins as he can before that. This doesn't bode well for Ralph Wilson....

Huizenga, "I'd rather give the money to charity than to him"

Huizenga doesn't have one foot in the grave the other on a banana peel. Once again cap gains are irrelevent if the team is sold right after Raph's death.

Dolphins owner H. Wayne Huizenga claims Obama would almost double the capital gains tax, so he wants to sell off as much of the Dolphins as he can before that. This doesn't bode well for Ralph Wilson....

Huizenga, "I'd rather give the money to charity than to him"

People don't realize that the cuts that were passed in 2001 are going to expire after 2010. The estate tax will be 0 in 2010 and then jump back to its 1999 levels in 2011. Also, the income tax rates on EVERYBODY will go back to the 1999 levels.

That's why the Robbie family sold it to him in the first place. They couldn't afford teh estate taxes.

Mexico, India, China, Dubai - all countries that will do well under President Obama. Lots of US corporations going leave the US.

have you looked at what has been happening the last 8 years? Can you find a call center for a US company that isnt in India or southeast asia? Havent you heard about jobs moving to China? Have you not heard of the major investments that the US govt and many US corporations are making in job moves to Dubai? What rock do you live under,and o by the way these arent just low wage jobs but alot of software development and research for major corporations is now in places like India, China, Vietnam.....

People don't realize that the cuts that were passed in 2001 are going to expire after 2010. The estate tax will be 0 in 2010 and then jump back to its 1999 levels in 2011. Also, the income tax rates on EVERYBODY will go back to the 1999 levels.

That's why the Robbie family sold it to him in the first place. They couldn't afford teh estate taxes.

The thread title is not talking about estate taxes. But when Ralph dies that team will be sold immediately.

Oh gee, a rich guy might suffer a little. Boo hoo. People are losing their homes, their jobs and their life's savings and the rich owner of a mediocre football team is whining about capital gains tax. Well, he's had a bunch of FAT years under the GOP, why didn't he save for a rainy day like the rest of us.

We pay through the nose. Why shouldn't he?

Oh gee, a rich guy might suffer a little. Boo hoo. People are losing their homes, their jobs and their life's savings and the rich owner of a mediocre football team is whining about capital gains tax. Well, he's had a bunch of FAT years under the GOP, why didn't he save for a rainy day like the rest of us.

We pay through the nose. Why shouldn't he?

He will. He's just trying to reduce that a bit. Damn those evil rich people.

Just stop the whining, you sound like a Canadian... or Palin

I think you've got the wrong person whining. I'm speaking the truth. He will pay through the nose regardless. He's just doing some smart tax planning. It's what rich people do, it's what they have to do. As a matter of fact you could probably do some too. Do you own non-qualified mutual funds? If you do guess what? You're going to be in for a very interesting suprise. You'll get your 1099 next year. You know that fund you own that lost 40% of it's value in 2008? Well guess what, there's a good chance you'll have to pay cap gains taxes on it. That's right. And while you're writing your check to the IRS thank all the people than panicked and sold their fund in 2008, they're the one's who caused that to happen. But if you're smart you can mitigate that before the end of 2008. But that's right, only rich people have the means to do that. :P

He will. He's just trying to reduce that a bit. Damn those evil rich people.

I actually saw a report stating that 40%+ of the "rich" under-report their income for income tax purposes (in other words, they cheat). This is higher than for the middle class. I can't remember where, but I'll post the link if I can find it.

The rich have more places to hide it, and better lawyers.

I actually saw a report stating that 40%+ of the "rich" under-report their income for income tax purposes (in other words, they cheat). This is higher than for the middle class. I can't remember where, but I'll post the link if I can find it.

The rich have more places to hide it, and better lawyers.

The rich mostly "hide" in places that the tax code allows them too. "Hiding" is a word you use what do you mean "hiding" money? Trust me people cheat at all levels. I review dozens of tax returns a month and most of those are middle class people. I would venture a guess that the "rich" hide their money legally (remember, you said they have access to lawyers) where the middle class "hide" it illegally because they're stupid.