Vernon Davis

What if Davis gets cut at the end of the year. He will probaly be a better receiving TE than Royal. He is young. Singletary doesnt like him obviously and maybe he just needs a fresh start so we can get him in the offseason

I would guess he has a hefty pro-rated, several year cap hit assessed to SF per the NFL and CBA union contract rules.

Dunno if they can just cut him without taking a cap and signing bonus $$$ big whack...

Has this guy done anything on an NFL field to warrant any attention? He had a few TDs during his rookie season after that all his highlights involve him on crutches. Even this year, the first notable thing he's done all season was get yanked out of a game by his coach.

Pass.

I wonder if we can get him in a trade this year. Before everyone gets all crazy, I know the trade deadline is over, but if he clears waivers we can still trade for him. It happens every year in baseball but you don't see it too much in football. This may be the exception.

I wonder if we can get him in a trade this year. Before everyone gets all crazy, I know the trade deadline is over, but if he clears waivers we can still trade for him. It happens every year in baseball but you don't see it too much in football. This may be the exception.

<_< <_< <_< <_< :nana:;)

What if Davis gets cut at the end of the year. He will probaly be a better receiving TE than Royal. He is young. Singletary doesnt like him obviously and maybe he just needs a fresh start so we can get him in the offseason

As bad as we need a TE, I don't think the Bills need one of those "enigmatic thugs" with all this upside and bad character. I do wish Singletary was the coach of the Giants instead of Coughlin when Plax told his coach to shut the f$%^ up. As badly as I'd like to see the Bills win, I don't want to model the '08 Cowboys.

As bad as we need a TE, I don't think the Bills need one of those "enigmatic thugs" with all this upside and bad character. I do wish Singletary was the coach of the Giants instead of Coughlin when Plax told his coach to shut the f$%^ up. As badly as I'd like to see the Bills win, I don't want to model the '08 Cowboys.

He doesnt have bad character though. He is not a thug either. He slapped some guy in the facemask. Big deal. Ive never heard of him getting him in trouble. His stats arent great this year but they fired the coach and they are struggling. He is a good receiver and shows some speed

when he was in college he dominated, he moved with ease, great vision and anticipation

do we have members who have been watching in cali? what is the big problem with VD?

i've seen some of his action and his o-line and qb looked a part of his failue

when he was in college he dominated, he moved with ease, great vision and anticipation

Which puts him in the company of tens of thousands of other great college players who never made the jump to the pros. He's a disruptive malcontent who is on the fast track to Bustville. At least Winslow has talent.

All the Donte Whitner critics should take a good long look at Davis for an example of a real first round disaster.

I am 99.9% sure that that does not apply the same as it does in baseball.

I am 99.9% sure that that does not apply the same as it does in baseball.

It has to. Baseball, basketball, football and hockey are considered the four major sports and are governed by the same rules. Soccer does not have to follow this rule as far as I know.

Still, I have to say you don't see it used much in football, probably because there are only 16 games in a season.

Davis is a one of the better blocking TE's in the NFL. We will see how Davis responds to Singletary calling him out. That was harsh words, and if Davis is that selfish- I don't want him on the Bills. But maybe he steps up after this episode

It has to. Baseball, basketball, football and hockey are considered the four major sports and are governed by the same rules. Soccer does not have to follow this rule as far as I know.

Still, I have to say you don't see it used much in football, probably because there are only 16 games in a season.

I wonder if crayonz has hired some writers (a la David Letterman style) because his posts are suddenly funny.

Which puts him in the company of tens of thousands of other great college players who never made the jump to the pros. He's a disruptive malcontent who is on the fast track to Bustville. At least Winslow has talent.

All the Donte Whitner critics should take a good long look at Davis for an example of a real first round disaster.

The Niners under the Yorks have been positively Pop Warner. They ruined Alex Smith and are on track with Davis. He's an impressive athlete who needs a change at a lower salary.

I wouldn't want a guy that other coaches call cancers. or guys that kicked out of games buy their coaches. You don't win championships with these types of players. He's most likely end up a cowboy, raider or Bengal. Those teams like thes ekind of players.

Everyone may disagree with me here BUT I respect what Mike singletary did with callin V Davis out. It's time for the workout warrior to pull his head out of his ass and be a football player. IF and until that happens, I don't even want him anywhere near the Ralph. Me guys have no place on this squad!