Royal, Dockery are TRASH

Pro Football Prospectus was right: Robert Royal is the worst starter in the NFL. The guy looks like an old horse out there, he's a total idiot, has no athleticism, and is good for 2-3 boneheaded plays per game. Jauron should Bobby Shaw him for his performance today, and we should move on with a street free agent in his place. I'll sacrifice the blocking.

Dockery was out drinking until 4 a.m. last night. That's the only excuse I can think of to account for the horrid display he put on today. He was whipped, repeatedly, by an injured and half-retired Vonnie Holiday. He was the one who was supposed to help on Porter on the safety, and his holding penalty all but cemented the loss (Royal took care of the rest). I don't know what his problem is, and he's a mauler in the running game on many a Sunday, but he deserves to be benched for a quarter, at least, against the Jets.

On to Fewell. Someone please tell me, please, tell me why we made the decision to leave the entire right side of our defensive backfield wide open today? Please. You're playing a guy who can't throw the deep out - so why give 15 yards cushion to the z receiver? If McGee's too injured to cover straight up, then put the kids out there (McK or Corner), and double the guy. But to just concede that entire side of the field is just sad, and cowardly.

Finally, a point about Edwards: the Dolphins through out a formula for frustrating him today: drop a lot of guys into coverage and make him make stick throws to beat you. He couldn't get it done today, but he'll learn from this game. He doesn't get fooled twice, so I'm not gonna panic. Yet.

Now let's go beat the Jets.

We're all mad about the loss. But if you're blaming Perry, then you are an absolute moron. We held them to 52 yards rushing. McGee shouldn't have played and got burned by Ginn, which horribly inflated our defensive stats.

The Offense lost the game. That Defense played well, and gave the ball back to the Offense many times. All those turnovers... The Offense had EVERY opportunity to win that game. If your gonna blame a Co-ordinator, blame Turk.

Dockery wasn't that bad. Royal is.

Royal played like garbage, agreed. But you have to blame Peters for screwing up on the safety, Porter abused him. Peters has given up HUGE plays consistently

his beard looks good though

We're all mad about the loss. But if you're blaming Perry, then you are an absolute moron. We held them to 52 yards rushing. McGee shouldn't have played and got burned by Ginn, which horribly inflated our defensive stats.

The Offense lost the game. That Defense played well, and gave the ball back to the Offense many times. All those turnovers... The Offense had EVERY opportunity to win that game. If your gonna blame a Co-ordinator, blame Turk.

Dockery wasn't that bad. Royal is.

I blame the defensive secondary. We stopped the run and the trick plays but Pennington looked like Tom Brady out there picking our defense apart. Why didn't Perry blitz more? It seemed to work the few times they did. (One sack and hurry up pass no completion)

Pro Football Prospectus was right: Robert Royal is the worst starter in the NFL. The guy looks like an old horse out there, he's a total idiot, has no athleticism, and is good for 2-3 boneheaded plays per game. Jauron should Bobby Shaw him for his performance today, and we should move on with a street free agent in his place. I'll sacrifice the blocking.

Dockery was out drinking until 4 a.m. last night. That's the only excuse I can think of to account for the horrid display he put on today. He was whipped, repeatedly, by an injured and half-retired Vonnie Holiday. He was the one who was supposed to help on Porter on the safety, and his holding penalty all but cemented the loss (Royal took care of the rest). I don't know what his problem is, and he's a mauler in the running game on many a Sunday, but he deserves to be benched for a quarter, at least, against the Jets.

On to Fewell. Someone please tell me, please, tell me why we made the decision to leave the entire right side of our defensive backfield wide open today? Please. You're playing a guy who can't throw the deep out - so why give 15 yards cushion to the z receiver? If McGee's too injured to cover straight up, then put the kids out there (McK or Corner), and double the guy. But to just concede that entire side of the field is just sad, and cowardly.

Finally, a point about Edwards: the Dolphins through out a formula for frustrating him today: drop a lot of guys into coverage and make him make stick throws to beat you. He couldn't get it done today, but he'll learn from this game. He doesn't get fooled twice, so I'm not gonna panic. Yet.

Now let's go beat the Jets.

Trent had all the time anyone could ask for on that safety, blame him for not finding a reciever or blame the recievers for not getting open. Mcgee has been injured and had a bad game, did you watch the game last weak? Mckelvin was beat all day, and you think Corner is going to make a differance? We turned the ball over on the road in the NFL plain and simple