for those who thought winslow

BeastMode54

per rotoworld

Kellen Winslow had copies of text messages from Browns staffers that told him not to talk publicly about his staph infections or GM Phil Savage would get involved.

As profootballtalk's Mike Florio puts it, "Winslow was right, the Browns were wrong, and at least the team was smart enough to back down before everything blew up at the arbitration hearing on Tuesday." The Browns come out looking stupid here, but they will still sit Winslow on Sunday.

per rotoworld

Kellen Winslow had copies of text messages from Browns staffers that told him not to talk publicly about his staph infections or GM Phil Savage would get involved.

As profootballtalk's Mike Florio puts it, "Winslow was right, the Browns were wrong, and at least the team was smart enough to back down before everything blew up at the arbitration hearing on Tuesday." The Browns come out looking stupid here, but they will still sit Winslow on Sunday.

Let's see. Winslow is now threatening to expose text messages of his bosses on an issue of how to handle the information about his medical condition? That's pretty fuc#ed up. The more BS like this he does, the more like a punk, he appears.

Let's see. Winslow is now threatening to expose text messages of his bosses on an issue of how to handle the information about his medical condition? That's pretty fuc#ed up. The more BS like this he does, the more like a punk, he appears.

I never says that he released any information, just that he had text messages about the situation. Most likely this info was found by a reporter. Many thought that the Browns were doing him a service by not mentioning his ailment, but the case was just the opposite. They told him to be quiet or he would be dealt with. Yes, he should have gone through different channels, but the Browns were flat out wrong. This is the fourth staph infection in 3 years over there, so it has to be frustrating for him, especially if when asked about it, he was told to keep his mouth shut when it wasn't his fault at all

that's not what he's doing dean, he's using those texts as proof that the browns are being unethical and lying, he is just keeping evidence to exonerate himself.

This is a big issue (in large part), because he won't STFU about it. Something like this can be handled via agents, lawyers, etc. The problem is that he is making a public fuss about it. Now, if is attempting to be a whistle-blower on problems with the team's medical procedures, then more power to him. But, he should know that while whistle blowers fill an important role, they are usually treated poorly by the press, the company and their fellow employees.

It seems to me like he is trying to win a public squabble, that should have been handled privately.

he should have done it differently, but the browns are more wrong than he is -- and they are a poor poor organization.

he's far from a punk on this one. i think he would fall into the fold in buffalo and be a passionate team guy with a big personality. we'd make him better and he'd make us better.

I never says that he released any information, just that he had text messages about the situation. Most likely this info was found by a reporter. Many thought that the Browns were doing him a service by not mentioning his ailment, but the case was just the opposite. They told him to be quiet or he would be dealt with. Yes, he should have gone through different channels, but the Browns were flat out wrong. This is the fourth staph infection in 3 years over there, so it has to be frustrating for him, especially if when asked about it, he was told to keep his mouth shut when it wasn't his fault at all

the messed up part is the browns had suspended winslow.then they get the hearing moved to tuesday,which means if winslow had won he would have gotten paid,but still missed the game.now it turns out that winslow had evidence on his cell phone that the browns were trying to cover up his staff infection and was going to suspend him for going public about it........i feel that the browns should pay a 235,000 fine that they were so willing to nail winslow with.if the accuser is found to be full of it,they should get fined and repreminded by the commissioner.roger should even take a draft pick away from the brownies.the browns have hurt kellens reputation,and a chance to get some touchdowns this sunday.go bills!

So you'd pass on top tier talent if they're selfish pricks?

How about passing on selfish pricks who are also injury prone, un-productive, self promoting A-holes who yell at the media personnel. I would also be willing to bet he will destroy a locker room.

No thanks. I would rather keep Royal and Schouman.

I completely disagree. Staph infection is the result of ill-maintained facilities. Kellen had to miss time because the Browns can't get a maintenance staff to clean well enough to stop a flesh eating bacteria from spreading. I doubt he would have made a comment without these text messages. That's just not a positive work environment and I agree they treated him like a piece of meat.

How about passing on selfish pricks who are also injury prone, un-productive, self promoting A-holes who yell at the media personnel. I would also be willing to bet he will destroy a locker room.

No thanks. I would rather keep Royal and Schouman.

ok. ok. My bad. I would rather just keep Schouman and Fine.

I completely disagree. Staph infection is the result of ill-maintained facilities. Kellen had to miss time because the Browns can't get a maintenance staff to clean well enough to stop a flesh eating bacteria from spreading. I doubt he would have made a comment without these text messages. That's just not a positive work environment and I agree they treated him like a piece of meat.

As I am sure you know, at least one of KW's infections was NOT from the Browns' facility. Some other instances of staph, on the team, were contracted at the the Cleveland Clinic. At least that's what has been reported.

If he simply wanted to let the public know that the Browns were brushing a serious problem under the rug, he could have (should have and would have, IMO) picked a better, more professional way to do so.

You can be right about an issue and very wrong about how you handle it. Winslow blew this, and people don't cut him much slack. Threatening to expose email messages simply makes the situation worse, IMO.