Some pre-Miami game thoughts

jahnyc

1. Looks like it may rain periodically during the Miami/Buffalo game. I have been interested to see how Trent performs in rain and snow this year. I don't think that Trent has had much experience playing in poor weather conditions over his college QB career and it seems he ran into some difficulties last year. Something to keep an eye on.

2. It is amazing that the Cowboys were able to trade for and then sign R. Williams easily and quickly after we spent months working to get a deal done with Lee Evans. I guess this is the difference between the big market teams and the small market teams. I hope this does not portend difficulties when the Bills try to get some of our young players and veterans to sign contract extensions (i.e., Edwards and Stroud).

3. K. Mitchell has been a nice acquisition. I remember last year when the Bills played the Giants and how his interception changed that game and served as a catalyst for the excellent play of the Giants from that point forward.

4. I wonder how involved Marv Levy was with making the actual selections in the draft for the Bills. Way too early to make any judgments about last year's draft without Marv, but there has not been much production from any of our draft picks (other than maybe Mckelvin, who looks like a rookie) so far. These guys did not seem "ready" to contribute, which may have reflected a different draft strategy based on the level of talent of the team improving to the point where this was not as necessary.

5. I think that if the Bills can split against each of Miami, NYJ and NE Pats, they should make the playoffs. The other remaining games are KC, San Fran, Denver and Cleveland and the Bills will have a very good shot at winning three of these games.

6. Bills will need to draft an outside linebacker early in next year's draft.

2. It is amazing that the Cowboys were able to trade for and then sign R. Williams easily and quickly after we spent months working to get a deal done with Lee Evans. I guess this is the difference between the big market teams and the small market teams. I hope this does not portend difficulties when the Bills try to get some of our young players and veterans to sign contract extensions (i.e., Edwards and Stroud).

That is amazing. It took Dallas hours to re-sign Roy Williams and it took the Bills months to re-sign Lee Evans. Maybe that is because the Cowboys were more lenient in shelling out a lot of money for Roy, whereas the Bills wanted to be 'froogle' and not offer too much to Lee. Also, the Cowboys probably made their offer based off of the Evans deal, but the Bills really had no wide reciever deals to stem their offer from.

1. Looks like it may rain periodically during the Miami/Buffalo game. I have been interested to see how Trent performs in rain and snow this year. I don't think that Trent has had much experience playing in poor weather conditions over his college QB career and it seems he ran into some difficulties last year. Something to keep an eye on.

3. K. Mitchell has been a nice acquisition. I remember last year when the Bills played the Giants and how his interception changed that game and served as a catalyst for the excellent play of the Giants from that point forward.

4. I wonder how involved Marv Levy was with making the actual selections in the draft for the Bills. Way too early to make any judgments about last year's draft without Marv, but there has not been much production from any of our draft picks (other than maybe Mckelvin, who looks like a rookie) so far. These guys did not seem "ready" to contribute, which may have reflected a different draft strategy based on the level of talent of the team improving to the point where this was not as necessary.

5. I think that if the Bills can split against each of Miami, NYJ and NE Pats, they should make the playoffs. The other remaining games are KC, San Fran, Denver and Cleveland and the Bills will have a very good shot at winning three of these games.

6. Bills will need to draft an outside linebacker early in next year's draft.

Roy williams is fromTexas and wanted to play there and i think the trade and sign was pretty much part of the deal.

The rookies im actually glad dont have to contribute this team has talent enough that we dont have to rely on these rookies to make as many big plays and that is a good thing

I see no reason we cant finish 15-1 to be honest not one opponent scares me and DJ owns mimi and the jets