Our Linebackers

DaGimp

Didn't get to see a whole lot of the game. Did Ellison embarrass himself out there?

I was wondering the same thing. Gates only had 4 catches for like 60 yards, so the pass coverage was pretty good. Maybe Ellison had something to do with that because I didn't really hear his name mentioned at all.

Not so much embarrass more like invisible.

Just because they didn't mention his name didn't mean that he was invisible.

DEFENSE

TK AS PD SK-YD

Greer 8 0 0 0

Posluszny 7 0 0 0

Mitchell 4 3 2 7

Ellison 4 2 0 0

McKelvin 3 2 0 0

Scott 2 2 0 0

Denney 1 3 0 0

Williams 1 2 0 0

Kelsay 2 0 0 0

Wilson 1 0 0 0

Corto 0 0 0 0

Costanzo 0 0 0 0

Whitner 1 0 0 0

we need to replace ellison. Brian Cushing anyone?

He would be a great addition, he's a northeast guy, he had a monster sophmore year as a DE. He has shown great versatility by moving back to LB and dominating there as well. Two birds with one stone anyone?

As far as Ellison goes, he actually made some plays at the point of attack yesterday. But he is what he is, a backup WLB playing the SLB keeping the seat warm for someone next year.

Not so much embarrass more like invisible.

What the hell are you talking about? Ellison did a GREAT job out there. First, he had 6 tackles. Second, he's one of the best coverage linebackers in the game. Last season, he gave up the lowest yards per attempt when the opposing QB threw to the man he had covered. Ever notice how tight ends don't seem to fare very well against us? That is in large part due to Ellison.

Where does everybody get it in their heads that he's bad?

What the hell are you talking about? Ellison did a GREAT job out there. First, he had 6 tackles. Second, he's one of the best coverage linebackers in the game. Last season, he gave up the lowest yards per attempt when the opposing QB threw to the man he had covered. Ever notice how tight ends don't seem to fare very well against us? That is in large part due to Ellison.

He's no better than a backup

Very cogent points. He was far from invisible. In fact, I seem to remember a big third down tackle on either Sproles or LT2 yesterday on what looked otherwise to be a big gain.

Didn't get to see a whole lot of the game. Did Ellison embarrass himself out there?

No but he is a liability in the run game. He hasn't made any big plays this year like in the past.

SAGE and CAP: Scott, #43, covered Gates for most of the game instead of Simpson who was supposed to start. Of the game I did get to see I was VERY surprised to see him out there and Ko out. Initially, I thought it was due to injury but I read an article today saying that it was intentional to get a bigger body on the TE.

This safety is for real from what I've been able to gather so far (going back to preseason).

No but he is a liability in the run game. He hasn't made any big plays this year like in the past.

How big of a liability? I know he didn't play particularly well against the Cards, but then again, none of the defenders did. Outside of that, where else?