Things that benching Bledslow will fix

todd

1. Zero rushing TDs.

2. Penalties.

3. WRs with hands of stone.

4. Poor playcalling.

5. Crappy o-line.

Don't misuderstand, Drew is a big part of the problem, but when Losman gets in there and we experience many of the same problems we have now, please don't start calling for his head like a lynch mob. A rookie QB isn't going to fix this atrocity. Temper your expections with a new QB. Patience.

And that's all the rest of us are saying....so what the hell are you arguing about?

Nobody is expecting us to become the '99 Rams when Losman plays.

83359[/snapback]

Just you wait. As soon as Losman has a bad game, everyone will B word because he's not playing like Rothlesberger. Then he'll be called a bust, and Donahoe will be frankenstein's monster. Trust me.

When Deion intercepted Bledsoe in the endzone if you go back and watch that play, Bledsoe never took his eyes off that receiver. He advertised that play from the start. The CBS guys were joking about Bledsoe after that game.

I don't think this teams goes forward with Bledsoe QBing. I can't wait to throw JP out there and begin the new era in Buffalo. I can live with growing pains it's the old age pains that hurt the most and never seem to heal.

1. Zero rushing TDs.

2. Penalties.

4. Poor playcalling.

5. Crappy o-line.

Don't misuderstand, Drew is a big part of the problem, but when Losman gets in there and we experience many of the same problems we have now, please don't start calling for his head like a lynch mob. A rookie QB isn't going to fix this atrocity. Temper your expections with a new QB. Patience.

83348[/snapback]

Of course, you are correct. The Bills have had a revolving door at QB since Kelly retired in 1996. At some point, you have to acknowledge that maybe, just maybe the QB position isn't the big problem with this team. No, I think the biggest issue the Bills have remains the one they've had for a decade, a pathetic excuse for an OL. The fact that they can't maintain much of a running game with two good Rbs should also be a red flag.

But if the Bills feel it necessary to bench Bledsoe, so be it. They're 1-5, and they may as well go to Losman at this point and get him some playing experience. Unfortunately, I doubt the results will be any different.

1. Zero rushing TDs.

2. Penalties.

4. Poor playcalling.

5. Crappy o-line.

83348[/snapback]

I agree...and...disagree.

Losman:

Adds the ability to avoid sacks with his feet

Adds a fiery, sometimes brash and cocky, attitude to force clown players to win

Cant play any worse than Drew at this point

Those 3 mean he should start like yesterday.

No sh_t Todd, no one is dumb enough to think that JP fixes all our problems. We have, however, just come off yet another loss where our O didnt do squat and our clown QB threw 4 int's and gave up a fumble!

Just you wait. As soon as Losman has a bad game, everyone will B word because he's not playing like Rothlesberger. Then he'll be called a bust, and Donahoe will be frankenstein's monster. Trust me.

83366[/snapback]

That's probably true for some people, but....

WHO CARES?

What are you more concerned with - the possibility of a few fans contradicting themselves on a message board, or the strong possibility of putting the team in a better position to win next season?

Brandon that's not really a strong point because with the exception of this year, hasn't Miami been winning without Marino??? hasn't Denver been winning without Elway?? hasn't Houston/Tennesse been winning without Moon?? I mean really I could go on, but hopefully you get the point

I don't think this teams goes forward with Bledsoe QBing. I can't wait to throw JP out there and begin the new era in Buffalo. I can live with growing pains it's the old age pains that hurt the most and never seem to heal.

83372[/snapback]

Exactly.....we've seen enough of Groundhog Day with the Statue. Move along Statue.....either to the bench or into retirement.

:I starred in Brokeback Mountain:

I'm not concerned with what other teams have done.

The problem is that poor Bills OL play basically ran Kelly out of the league in 1995 and 1996. Since that time, the Bills have never had any real consistency from year-to-year in either their rushing or passing attacks. Their OL is simply too weak to allow it. The front office has never bothered to correct it, with their only major addition being Mike Williams, who appears to be a borderline bust.

Its been probably 10 years since I can honestly say that I think the Bills fielded an OL that was in the top 20 of the league. That's pathetic.

That's just giving an excuse to probably protect Bledsoe, listen we aren't the only team that has lost and NFL Hall of Famer at QB due to Retirement, look at the Vikings they lost Randall and Replaced him with Culpepper, the 49ers lost Young and replaced him with Garcia, Jacksonville lost Brunell (not to retirement though) replaced him with Leftwich so Im not really understanding your point right now

Brandon that's not really a strong point because with the exception of this year, hasn't Miami been winning without Marino??? hasn't Denver been winning without Elway?? hasn't Houston/Tennesse been winning without Moon?? I mean really I could go on, but hopefully you get the point

83389[/snapback]

Umm Jay, you're actually supporting Brandon with that statement... Those other teams win EVEN WITH NEW QBs IN THERE. Helll, for awhile Denver could plug in anyone they wanted at RB and get a 1,500 yard season out of them it seemed. The other 10 guys on the offense have a major contribution in the game.

You're post is saying that the QB obviously isn't the main problem here. Which I agree with, but I don't think that's what you meant. Unless I'm just confusing your post?

Now Losman may do well if/when he comes in. Like Flutie did, he may mask some of the troubles of our OL. But that doesn't mean you fixed the team, it's just a mask and it will come back to bite you. Even with Flutie masking the OL problems back in the day, how did his playoff game end? With a sack and a fumble. Sound familiar?

CW

What I was trying to say and I'm not sure what he meant for sure is that we can't use Kelly's retirement as an excuse for our lack of winning since his era concluded other franchises with Hall of Fame QB's have drafted well and have rebounded, maybe I misunderstood him

No, its no excuse to protect Bledsoe, its reality. As I stated earlier, I have no problems with a now 1-5 Bills team benching Bledsoe, but I have very little hope that it will make any difference for this team.

The point I'm making is that the Bills have fielded an inept OL for nearly a decade and haven't done much of anything to upgrade it. The result? Every QB and every RB that they have put in the backfield in that time period has never managed any degree of long term consistency. Its not a coincidence.