Whitner comments on Edwards

nodnarb

I hope JP doesn't read the papers.

"Trent is playing as well or better than any quarterback in this league right now," said safety Donte Whitner, "as far as getting the ball out, not turning the ball over and being efficient with what he's doing.

"I'm very confident in Trent. In the past it was tough because you didn't know exactly what you were going to get from the offense. You didn't know if you were going to get points, so you almost had to play perfect on the defense side of the ball. And once you try to play perfect, you make mistakes.

"So with Trent out there I don't have any worries at all. I sit on the bench, drink a little water, a little Gatorade and I glance over at the scoreboard. We need him out there. I felt like if we had him for the entire game against Arizona we might be sitting here talking about a 6-0 football team instead of 5-1. I really believe that."

When that message was relayed to Edwards he seemed surprised.

"He really said that?" he asked. "That means a lot. You know what it is: The defense isn't putting us in bad spots. In the Arizona game we were down three or four touchdowns, and that's definitely a bad spot for the offense.

http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/story/11047927

I hope JP doesn't read the papers.

"Trent is playing as well or better than any quarterback in this league right now," said safety Donte Whitner, "as far as getting the ball out, not turning the ball over and being efficient with what he's doing.

"I'm very confident in Trent. In the past it was tough because you didn't know exactly what you were going to get from the offense. You didn't know if you were going to get points, so you almost had to play perfect on the defense side of the ball. And once you try to play perfect, you make mistakes.

"So with Trent out there I don't have any worries at all. I sit on the bench, drink a little water, a little Gatorade and I glance over at the scoreboard. We need him out there. I felt like if we had him for the entire game against Arizona we might be sitting here talking about a 6-0 football team instead of 5-1. I really believe that."

When that message was relayed to Edwards he seemed surprised.

"He really said that?" he asked. "That means a lot. You know what it is: The defense isn't putting us in bad spots. In the Arizona game we were down three or four touchdowns, and that's definitely a bad spot for the offense.

http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/story/11047927

Pretty classy response from Trent.

I don't see that as Whitner bashing JP, but as being over-the-top enthusiastic about the Bills #1 QB, who probably just played his best game in the NFL. Whitner is the vocal leader, and talks from the hip.

If it gets taken the wrong way, it could come back to bite him, should Trent go down, again. But, I doubt the Bills are going to hold each other to comments like posters on TSW do.

BTW, I think this is already being discussed in another thread.

Pretty classy response from Trent.

I don't see that as Whitner bashing JP, but as being over-the-top enthusiastic about the Bills #1 QB, who probably just played his best game in the NFL. Whitner is the vocal leader, and talks from the hip.

If it gets taken the wrong way, it could come back to bite him, should Trent go down, again. But, I doubt the Bills are going to hold each other to comments like posters on TSW do.

BTW, I think this is already being discussed in another thread.

I saw Whitner's comment as a bash against JP, basically saying that had Trent played, they would have won and thus JP lost the game for them. But I think Trent's comment about being down 3-4 TD's was a slap at the defense and defending JP, and rightfully so.

It's a shame that every bit of deserved praise for Edwards has to be tempered by Losman's presence on the team. It really sucks that Losman, a nice guy with raw talent, never was able to fully grasp what is needed to run an NFL offense in the 4 years he has been on the team.

Edwards has, and the team and the fans should be able to recognize what their young QB has accomplished without having the wet-blanket Losman constantly thrown over them.

Edwards should no longer be compared with Losman. The way he is playing, he should be compared to the better or best QBs in the league. I don't think anyone in their right mind would say the same about Losman.

So enough with JP. Edwards should have the full support and belief of his teammates, regardless of Losman's hurt feelings.