College football jerseys

Tortured Soul

I've been trying to buy for my father (big Stanford and Bills fan) a Trent Edwards Stanford jersey, but all I can find is a plain #5 jersey. One vendor told me that college jerseys can't have names on the back. Still, there are plenty of #7 jerseys for sale that say "Elway." Is the vendor right and is Elway just an exception? Does anyone know where to find college jerseys with names? Thanks as always for your help.

The vendor is correct, you aren't allowed to sell officially licensed gear with a name on the back. They do exist, but they aren't usually made until after the player has left the NCAA, as a "throwback" jersey. Usually only really popular players get the throwback jerseys, like Elway (and Vince Young here in Austin)

The vendor is correct, you aren't allowed to sell officially licensed gear with a name on the back. They do exist, but they aren't usually made until after the player has left the NCAA, as a "throwback" jersey. Usually only really popular players get the throwback jerseys, like Elway (and Vince Young here in Austin)

Didn't Chris Weber say that one of the reasons he took money from a Michigan booster was the fact that they were selling a jersey with his name on it in the bookstore for $99, but he didn't have enough money in his pocket for a sandwich? Or something like that?

To Tortured Soul: Your best bet it to get the jersey and take it to a local place that can put the letting on it for you.

Yup. The only "throwbacks" with names you can get here at FSU are Deion, Charlie Ward, and Derrick Brooks. Not easy to find tho.

To Tortured Soul: Your best bet it to get the jersey and take it to a local place that can put the letting on it for you.

Follow-up. What kind of store would do this? I see you live in Charlotte, and I'm in NYC, but the only places I know that sell jerseys are big national chains.

Follow-up. What kind of store would do this? I see you live in Charlotte, and I'm in NYC, but the only places I know that sell jerseys are big national chains.

You want to look for a local Jersey Embroidery store... something that does local high school sports jerseys, for instance. If you went to them and showed them what you want, they could definitely do it. Though you'd have to make sure you show them the style/color lettering that you want.

They won't do this kind of thing in a national sporting goods store, but some place that does lettering/numbering for local team jerseys should be able to help you, for a price.

You want to look for a local Jersey Embroidery store... something that does local high school sports jerseys, for instance. If you went to them and showed them what you want, they could definitely do it. Though you'd have to make sure you show them the style/color lettering that you want.

They won't do this kind of thing in a national sporting goods store, but some place that does lettering/numbering for local team jerseys should be able to help you, for a price.

What he said. I'd google terms in that post ("football jerseys" "High school") and call around.