Drew Bledsoe

rolly

Two of the four.  But the Deion TD was a bad decision on his part.  Even though it went off McGahee's hands, Bledsoe threw into traffic. 

Of the five Bills turnovers, four were clearly Bledsoe's fault.  Bledsoe also missed a wide open Eric Moulds at the goaline. 

It is rare when you can lay the blame for the loss at one person's feet.  There is no question in this case that Bledsoe single handedly cost us the game.

83173[/snapback]

There wasn't any "decision" on that play.

Anyone that blames the first inteception on Bledsoe doesn't know jack about football. It was a designed play where he fakes the slip toss sweep , which they have been running quite a bit the last couple weeks, spins and immediately throws a screen to the other side. The play should not have been blown up as bas as it was.

Nevertheless, I thought Bledsoe was poor today, the miss on Moulds at the goal line and the second Deion pick being the most egregious errors.

Just curious, how many of his passes that were intercepted were deflections off the hands of receivers?

83086[/snapback]

Answer: one (the meaningless one at the very end of the game off Moulds' hands)

There wasn't any "decision" on that play.

Anyone that blames the first inteception on Bledsoe doesn't know jack about football.  It was a designed play where he fakes the slip toss sweep , which they have been running quite a bit the last couple weeks, spins and immediately throws a screen to the other side.  The play should not have been blown up as bas as it was.

Nevertheless, I thought Bledsoe was poor today, the miss on Moulds at the goal line and the second Deion pick being the most egregious errors.

83232[/snapback]

I understand the play. The decision is to not throw the ball or to throw it away. If a play is blown up, or a receiver is covered you don't throw it there.

By your logic, we have one primary receiver and if he is covered, Bledsoe should throw it there anyway.

Today of all days, Bledsoe HAS to know how important it is to protect the football. Baltimore’s offense is awful and he cannot turn the ball over.

*snickers*

At least you're consistent.

So, what do you think? 11-5?!?!

YEAH!! 11-5!

:D

83165[/snapback]

:I starred in Brokeback Mountain: :blush:

I thought that he'd have a monster year, and thus far, I've been wrong about that. No argument there.

But at the same time, he can still make every throw on the field, some better than others, but he can still make them. I just don't buy into the suggestion that DB is the biggest problem on this team. His teammates gotta' start making plays for him. BADOL and I (and others too, I'm sure) have recognized that fact - the bigtime players play "small." Outside of Moulds' long ball catch yesterday, DB had no help. Bad tips, questionable officiating, and nobody making plays for this QB is what's killing the O, not Drew.

BTW: I never predicted they'd win 11. I claimed 10, but right now I'll be content with 8 :)

Guest Lost Hope
Two of the four.  But the Deion TD was a bad decision on his part.  Even though it went off McGahee's hands, Bledsoe threw into traffic. 

Of the five Bills turnovers, four were clearly Bledsoe's fault.  Bledsoe also missed a wide open Eric Moulds at the goaline. 

It is rare when you can lay the blame for the loss at one person's feet.  There is no question in this case that Bledsoe single handedly cost us the game.

83173[/snapback]

Folks, blame doesn't matter. All that counts is wins and losses. Drew is done. Pass the torch. Hell, bring back Doug. At least he wins!

Today I sacrificed my #11 jersey. It's time to Drew to step down.

3 out of 4 were off his own players' hands.

The one returned for a TD MAY have been off of a Raven's player, I couldn't tell.  The announcers said 3 out of 4 though.

CW

83142[/snapback]

the ball went off their hands because DRew threw it too high for them to catch. Drew's throws were high and off the mark all day.

can we stop the talk of putting Shane Matthews in the game, please. Matthews was sitting at home playing with his kids doing NOTHING when we called him... if he was any good at all, he would have been in camp somewhere. Matthews is NOT an option so stop talking totally stupid and just deal with Bledsoe until Losman gets healthy.

the ball went off their hands because DRew threw it too high for them to catch. Drew's throws were high and off the mark all day.

84128[/snapback]

The rule is that if it hits your hand, you're supposed to catch it. We're not talking "glanced off the tip of your fingertips," we're talking "hit you right in the hand."

That said, Drew didn't have a good game at all. Then again, neither did anyone on the offense.

CW

Guest Groove Nutt
I'm just frustrated that the plan of using Drew for one more year is going south so quickly.  I really, really did not want to see JPL this year.

84179[/snapback]

It is time for Losman and Mcgahee to start. I have been a huge Henry fan but we should have traded him we will be lucky to get a third round pick for him next year this year we probably would have gotten a first. The days of the pocket Qb are over with a few exceptions. The salary cap prevents having a line like Kelly had and speed at qb is needed in todays NFL. Is Modrak still with us if he is I suggest letting Donahoe go and make him our GM he built the Eagles and they are a pretty good team.

I understand the play.  The decision is to not throw the ball or to throw it away.  If a play is blown up, or a receiver is covered you don't throw it there. 

By your logic, we have one primary receiver and if he is covered, Bledsoe should throw it there anyway. 

Today of all days, Bledsoe HAS to know how important it is to protect the football.  Baltimore’s offense is awful and he cannot turn the ball over.

83886[/snapback]

Bledsoe should have audibled out of that play or called a time out. It's difficult to run those horizontal passes with the entire defense is up on the LOS. Mularkey, Clemments, and Bledsoe have made this mistake before.

The offense was also hurt by Henry's inability to average more than 2 yards a carry in the first half. The Bills offense can't face 2nd and 3rd and longs and be successful.

And Bledsoe still might be a good NFL QB, but not in this system, and not with these players. He seems to have no concept of the limitations of the offense. He should know that he can't throw a screen when there are 4 defenders lining up in the flat.

It's time for the Jacksonville plan. Start McGahee and Losman (when he's healthy). Spend the rest of the year getting them (and Mularkey) up to speed. Hopefully next year they'll develop an offense that can put up a few TDs a game, which would result in a winning record with the defense they have.

Too bad you missed the Dolphins game...

83101[/snapback]

Are you blind????

What's our record with Drew at the helm?? and your pointing to the Miami game. He is absolutetly HORRIBLE. There are backups on other teams I would take over him.

He inspires absolutely NO confidence in the team. It's similar to Vinny when he was the starter in NY. He's sucks up the place and everyone on the Jets are paying bad until Pennington comes in and provides a HUGE spark to the team.