A palpable sense of doom here tonight...

buckeyemike

I turned the game on in the 3rd quarter and did a double-take when I saw it was 20-14. I then watched Cleveland mount a monstrous drive that included overcoming about 5 separate penalties before Anderson threw the TD to Edwards on the first play of the 4th. They had 400 yards of offense before the end of the 3rd, and it looked like they could do anything they wanted against the Giants' D.

If the Bills had put up the sort of performance shown by the G-men last night on both sides of the ball, this place would be on a suicide watch. Comparatively speaking, the Bills played GREAT in Arizona.

It's shaping up to be one ridiculous year in the NFL. All the more reason to be excited about the Bills' possibilities.

This supports my point that a sense of gloom, before a game, is GOOD. No woofing, no media hype. Know that your team has to play its best possible game, or they are likely to lose.

Wow. Just ...wow. I didn't think the Browns had a prayer, and they go out and do THAT.

Rubes, you said that you love reading threads like this after the fact. Me too. I don't mind it, because 12 hours ago, I was expecting a slaughter. I got one. Only not the one I expected.

This is why I don't bet on football games. Any given Sunday (or Monday night), right?

Believe it or not, this is the Browns' first Monday night win in 15 years. I'm largely speechless right now. :thumbsup:

Wow. Just ...wow. I didn't think the Browns had a prayer, and they go out and do THAT.

Rubes, you said that you love reading threads like this after the fact. Me too. I don't mind it, because 12 hours ago, I was expecting a slaughter. I got one. Only not the one I expected.

This is why I don't bet on football games. Any given Sunday (or Monday night), right?

Believe it or not, this is the Browns' first Monday night win in 15 years. I'm largely speechless right now. :thumbsup:

Yeah, go figure.

If there was a Hall of Fame for being wrong, they'd be fitting me for my jacket right now. :thumbsup::wallbash:

Had a nice little night last night. Won $100 on Cleve & had a $100 on the phillies +180.

I read a gambling book a few years ago. One of the points it stressed is that you need to force yourself to take underdogs, especially when betting the NFL. The author basically said that the average NFL fan(which we are) gravitates when betting to the team he thinks is going to win, which is usually the favorite. He pointed out that in the NFL from his data, 56% of underdogs actually cover, however the betting public when playing the NFL bets the favorites 70% of the time. You could see just from these stats why Vegas never goes out of business. He states that try to get as close as a 50/50 mix with UD & Favorites at all times. That was one of the chapters.

It does when you consider the Browns are far from the league's worst offense. They just started the season playing that way.

The most important thing about the Browns-Giants game is that it should put the Bills-Cardinals game in some perspective.

The [bills/Giants] are a good team -- maybe not quite as good as their record or stats indicate, but still good. The [Cardinals/Browns] are nowhere near as bad as their record or stats indicate. The [Cardinals/Browns] actually do have a pretty good offense, and generally play much better at home than on the road. The [bills/Giants] don't suck because they got creamed on the road by the [Cardinals/Browns]. Sometimes good teams don't match up well against other teams, or those other teams draw up really good game plans.

Anybody think the Giants completely suck because they got hammered by a team that was previously 1-3 and looking as bad as that sounds?