Lates News On Possible Trades. Dolphins and Lions Shopping Players

Steely Dan

Linkage

Dolphins, Lions shopping players

With the NFL, the trade deadline is more dead than anything else. Though speculation has centered around such high-profile players such as Detroit wide receiver Roy Williams and Kansas City tight end Tony Gonzalez have surfaced, no star is expected to be traded. If any trades go down -- and they rarely do -- they are expected to be of the "B" list players, not the headliners. Players that have been shopped in recent days include Dolphins quarterback John Beck and Lions wide receiver Shaun McDonald. Of course, the interest in each player has been, at best, minimal. Since the summer the Dolphins have attempted to trade Beck to no avail. At one point in the spring, the Dallas Cowboys expressed a modicum of interest and even offered a player that Bill Parcells once drafted. But the Dolphins rejected that offer."

Right below this story is a piece on how Gonzalez wants to be traded.

:(

These trade/Tony Gonzalez articles are starting to get annoying to me. But it is bye week for us and since we're named in some of the trade talks...

It's known Toney wants out and that teams are interested. It's very rare for any players to get moved mid-season. While I would love to have Tony, not for the reported 1st round pick the Chiefs want. I would not go higher than a 3rd.

I don't expect anybody to get moved, so a significant trade would come as a big surprise to me.

Linkage

Dolphins, Lions shopping players

With the NFL, the trade deadline is more dead than anything else. Though speculation has centered around such high-profile players such as Detroit wide receiver Roy Williams and Kansas City tight end Tony Gonzalez have surfaced, no star is expected to be traded. If any trades go down -- and they rarely do -- they are expected to be of the "B" list players, not the headliners. Players that have been shopped in recent days include Dolphins quarterback John Beck and Lions wide receiver Shaun McDonald. Of course, the interest in each player has been, at best, minimal. Since the summer the Dolphins have attempted to trade Beck to no avail. At one point in the spring, the Dallas Cowboys expressed a modicum of interest and even offered a player that Bill Parcells once drafted. But the Dolphins rejected that offer."

Right below this story is a piece on how Gonzalez wants to be traded.

:(

This just goes to show that all teams have many average/mediocre players that it is not important to trade for a B-list player since each team has its own set of B-list players.

Beck was never really given a fair shot. He was 26 when drafted, but seemed to have the size and ability. He played starter for a few games last year on a really bad team with problems everywhere.

And to the guy who is trying to compare Beck to Losman, I just have one questions: are you retarded?

You should really be a scout for an NFL team, since you have the ability to make skill-based comparisons after only a few games.

I agree. Beck hasn't had much to work with and he could develop into a serviceable QB. He's just another of the QB's drafted ahead of Edwards. :thumbsup:

BTW, if the 2007 draft was held again today I think TE might be the first pick overall. Maybe I'm just being a homer.

Beck had better hurry though because of his Mormon missionary work he's 27 right now.

Would it kill the NFL to push the trade deadline to week 9 or 10 so we could have a legitimate deadline day with some actual action?

Another question, why do NFL teams find it so difficult to move players who are pending UFA's and aren't coming back..eg Nate Clements.

I know we get comp picks but are you telling me there is no chance of gettign a better return?