Excellent Article In The Buffalo News About Poz!!

Steely Dan

I went through 75 posts today and didn't see this posted yet.

Linkage

Simply, Posluszny is one of the good guys. His relationship with Bills Nation was love at first sight, one that has the potential to evolve into a deep romance.

Bills fans have come to know him simply as a football player, which is high praise from a town that once defined Chris Spielman precisely the same way. It was hardly a surprise that No. 51 jerseys flew off the shelves before he played his first snap with the Bills, the way Spielman’s No. 54 was a hot item when he arrived in 1996.

Posluszny has come back from a broken arm that ended his season three games into his rookie year to lead one of the league’s better defensive units. He has played only eight games in the NFL, but it seems as if he’s been here for eight years. He’s leading the Bills with 43 tackles, but that’s not what stands out most about him along One Bills Drive.

“It’s his sincerity,” Bills coach Dick Jauron said. “For example, when you ask him a question, he thinks about it and tries to answer it from his perspective. It’s not necessarily from what he was prepped to say. He’s thinking about it, and he’s going to give you an honest response. That’s what strikes you about him.”

Thanks for that. All that is true and pretty much sums up how I feel about him.

1. I was happy when we got him, especially that low.

2. I was surprised at how many people had his jersey before he even played a snap.

3. Yeah, he's just a football player. Classic and original. Just a big, physical, hard worker, who's in on every stop.

Love the guy.

I agree with all of that, and let me add one more reason to love Poz.

His last name is really fun to say, and sounds like it could be a Polish drinking toast: Posluszny!

Now, during the games, every time his name is mentioned, I raise my glass and yell "Posluszny!", and take a big gulp. I've got pretty much the entire Bills' contingent at the bar doing it with me, and a few non-Bills fans who simply like to participate. Now, you have to be on your toes, and be able to handle your booze, because his name gets mentioned quite a bit.

Posluszny! :(

His last name is really fun to say, and sounds like it could be a Polish drinking toast: Posluszny!

Now, during the games, every time his name is mentioned, I raise my glass and yell "Posluszny!", and take a big gulp. I've got pretty much the entire Bills' contingent at the bar doing it with me, and a few non-Bills fans who simply like to participate. Now, you have to be on your toes, and be able to handle your booze, because his name gets mentioned quite a bit.

Posluszny! :thumbsup:

THAT is freaking awesome!

Posluszny! :wallbash:

And another drinking game is invented!

It is amazing how he immediately became an icon of the Buffalo Bills. The Bills can never let this guy go or there will be real hell to pay from the fans. It's amazing he lasted as long as he did in the draft. Very glad Buffalo got him! :thumbsup:

Posluszny! :thumbsup:

Perfect...absolutely perfect. I think I'll always remember that now.

And another drinking game is invented!

It is amazing how he immediately became an icon of the Buffalo Bills. The Bills can never let this guy go or there will be real hell to pay from the fans. It's amazing he lasted as long as he did in the draft. Very glad Buffalo got him! :thumbsup:

lol..I dont think it takes much for ppl to make a drinking game...you try this for a drinking game...every time someone take a drink you all have to drink...

lol..I dont think it takes much for ppl to make a drinking game...you try this for a drinking game...every time someone take a drink you all have to drink...

There was a drinking game for the original Bob Newhart Show which was any time somebody said "Hi Bob" you'd take a drink. :thumbsup: