First Draft Tek Draft

Astrobot

www.DraftTek.com opened on October 2 with its first 2009 draft, a 3-rounder. You'll be happy to know that we draft 5th from last. The new sim engine allows you to change things yourself (such as how important OLB or TE is to you for example). Lots of fun.

The published sim is a result of your position preferences that I asked for about 3 weeks ago (OC, TE, and OLB were pretty high).

I'd urge you to take a look at our picks. I'd personally do a happy dance if this were the draft.

Round 1: http://www.drafttek.com/round12009.asp - An OLB falls to us although I really like PGH's pick, one before us, and I doubt pick 30 will still be pick 30 in April.

Round 2: http://www.drafttek.com/round22009.asp - We get a guy who's +13 on our Value scale who might be kicking an injured player off the team in Summer 2009.

Round 3: http://www.drafttek.com/round32009.asp - If you don't get the best player at his position, McNiel is a good #3 or 4.

Picque your interest?

Astrobot

I was thinking today about the draft. This year is a little different than last, when Buffalo was 1-3 to start the season and we were all thinking top-5 pick. Thankfully, the season wasn't that bad.

There's so much time for things to happen, but I'd really like to see Alex Mack from Cal. I've read he's one of the finest OC prospects in awhile.

Chase Coffman would be a much better receiving TE, but I would like to see what Fine can do when he returns. TE's can be found deep into the draft.

Thanks Astro.

I would like to go defensive side of ball. Anywhere except secondary. Too bad Bowman got injured. Prolly DE or DT.

As for our offense, I believe things will greatly turn around once o-line gets its act together. If we do go offense, an o-line pick would be best.

If I was GM for a day, at this point, I would add a OLB in the 1st rd, a C in the 2nd and a DE/DT in the 3rd. It would depend on who was available and what the value is but those are the Bill's biggest needs to date.

I'm starting to think that DE may actually be our biggest need.

Granted, we do need to address the OLB and TE positions, but our DE play has been sub-par at best and they ain't gettin any younger neither.

A pass rushing DE would make a world of a difference.

first TE not off the board until the middle of the 3rd round? pretty unlikely

and where is travis beckum?

Juniors haven't been added to the Player List yet.

He'd make a nice TE. Is he the one from Wisconsin? Evans is a Badger, and he turned out all right.

Astro

Juniors haven't been added to the Player List yet.

He'd make a nice TE. Is he the one from Wisconsin? Evans is a Badger, and he turned out all right.

Astro

as someone else pointed out, there are defiantly juniors on the list

yes, beckhum is from wisconsin and he's listed in the 1st round on every mock i've seen (probably at least a dozen)