Jim Cramer advises investors to pull out...

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Because unless you time it right you're typically selling low and buying high. Timing the market is very risky and very hard to do with your own money because of the emotions involved. You got lucky this time but the recovery is usually unexpected and very quick.

I understand people want to gain with the big yields... But, is that really reasonable?... I remember years where it gained over 20%... Is that really resaonable?... You mine as well go to the track with what all the "experts" are saying. I am safely protecting my ass first and foremost... Paying myself first and foremost.

And yes... Now is really the time to stem the bleeding and cut the loses before it digs you a hole too deep. Basically, I am mailing my winnings home in a self-addressed stamped envelope. That's reasonable and safe. I don't need 20% annual returns... I will if I stay in!

And you are right... This is a very emotional confidence game.

I understand people want to gain with the big yields... But, is that really reasonable?... I remember years where it gained over 20%... Is that really resaonable?... You mine as well go to the track with what all the "experts" are saying. I am safely protecting my ass first and foremost... Paying myself first and foremost.

And yes... Now is really the time to stem the bleeding and cut the loses before it digs you a hole too deep. Basically, I am mailing my winnings home in a self-addressed stamped envelope. That's reasonable and safe. I don't need 20% annual returns... I will if I stay in!

And you are right... This is a very emotional confidence game.

Don't take advice from TV matrons and/or shoe shine boys (1929 refrence). If you have disposable income with a

5/7 year window, there are stunning bargains on solid companies available today on the NYSE/NASDAQ. :lol:

Or internet message boards (2008 reference)? :lol:

:lol:

I have buying steadily (low stakes / good firms) - I have 12 years to go :lol: (and I don't count SS Income)

There will probably be another meltdown by then, but value will always be value

Here's a freebie - best bank left going - Wells Fargo - they actually lent to only "worthy" customers