Mort makes up "facts" once again

Mort's obvious anti-Bills bias aside, I can also see a number of things for Bills' coaches to be concerned about on defense. I just enjoyed trying to give him a little schitt.

In no particular order:

-- McCargo's inconsistent play

-- Lack of sustained pass rush from front four

-- McGee's injury

-- Depth at outside LB

That said, aside from a lackluster first half vs. the run on Sunday, the Bills' defense has been pretty damn good for the majority of the season -- leading the league in 3rd down defense. I guess Arizona fits Mort's definition of a "dynamic" offense so we'll see what the results are this coming weekend.

Mort probably will never change his tune about the Bills until one of the following happens:

1. His lover and companion TD gets another job and the bitterness will subside

2. The Bills win the Super Bowl and one of TD's picks is the hero.

Case closed.

Mort's obvious anti-Bills bias aside, I can also see a number of things for Bills' coaches to be concerned about on defense. I just enjoyed trying to give him a little schitt.

In no particular order:

-- McCargo's inconsistent play

-- Lack of sustained pass rush from front four-- McGee's injury

-- Depth at outside LB

That said, aside from a lackluster first half vs. the run on Sunday, the Bills' defense has been pretty damn good for the majority of the season -- leading the league in 3rd down defense. I guess Arizona fits Mort's definition of a "dynamic" offense so we'll see what the results are this coming weekend.

The Lack of sustained pass rush from front four will hurt against a "dynamic" offense, especially with McGee out. Hopefully they can generate some pressure and force Warner into bad decisions. The Cards are a very good offense. The Bills catch a break with Boldin out, but they still are dangerous. GO BILLS!!!

http://proxy.espn.go.com/chat/chatESPN?event_id=22755

Here's the gem:

Dougie Fresh (DC): The Bills appear to be graded across the board as the best special teams in the league, a much better D with young studs, and an O with exceptional skill players, that only needed the QB to step it up. Given the progress that Edwards has made, do the Bills have pieces in place to make a realistic championship run this year? Love you great work...keep it coming...

Chris Mortensen: (11:21 AM ET ) I think the Bills have a good shot at the playoffs but I know their coaching staff is concerned about some things, especially on defense. But they have a lot of good things going for them with 12 games left to play.

Um, what? This obviously was made-up. The coaches may well have concerns, but not on that side of the ball.

Btw, there's also this:

Coach Tuesday :thumbsup:): Mort, come on - Al calls you a "professional liar," you must have something to say about that? Here's your chance, Fan Nation is listening.

Chris Mortensen: (11:05 AM ET ) Actually, after we listened to the presser, we're pretty sure he just confused his grammar and was still talking about Kiffin...regardless, why would anyone truly believe a man who has had five coaches in six years, eight in the last 15, has tried to not honor contracts from a few of those coaches and even his former MVP QB, Rich Gannon, has ripped him publicly in recent weeks.

Not to defend the guy, cause he is a bad sports writer/columist/personality/person, but he might be on to something. Let's not worry about whether he actually has any inside info on the Bills, but instead about his comment. I think it's logical to assume that in the game against the Cardinals this week, the teams biggest worrry has to be its defense considering that Arizona can play offense and has some players (kinda like the Rams), but their defense is terrible. While they might not be the unmitigated mess tha the Rams are, they give up chunks of yardage and points pretty good (see Jets game). I would think that without Big T McGee they would be worried about covering their wideouts. It would be understandable if they had reservations about Leodis lining up across from Fitzgerald in thye nickle package, on the outside on 3rd and long.

What? Carson Palmer is not a top tier QB....maybe the one that put up 470 yards last week should be talked about as a top tier QB...

Kurt Warner is the perfect example of why the nfl qb rating system is flawed. He has as many turnovers as he does tds. 8 tds 4 picks 4 fumbles. Not the Hallmark of an elite quarterback. I could care less about yards. There was 5 qb's last week who passed for over 300 yards 4 of them lost. As far as Palmer goes. No he wasn't having a good year this year, but a healthy Palmer is an upper echelon quarterback. He's the only reason Marvin Lewis still has a job, and the reason why the Bengals even float around .500 the past few years.