The question of our "Big Three", very interesting...

TE2LEEn08

1-There's no way in Hell Lee is a better route runner than Andre was (where did that come from???) but I do think Lee is a very good route runner. Andre may have been of of the best route runners ever.

2- I think they form a formidable enough group to be considered a "Big 3" as much as a team needs a big3.

3- Re: Evans, I think we'd really have to know the full details of what is going on as far as the scheme... Is he running short crossing routes and not getting open or has he been running longer routes only. It's not like he's dropping balls on short passes out there. It seemed to me in the 1st game that he was involved in a creative mixture of routes, both short and long, but since then has been sent down the field more often. He Excels in every other area I can think of.

4- Don't worry about the strange over-reaction and stat propping in this thread. Most of us can tell that you weren't dissing Lee by calling him a "1a" . Many of us also judge players by watching their play on the field and I am in full agreement that it holds more weight than stats.

Andre Reed is one of my very favorite Bills of all-time, and even though he will likely be in the Hall of Fame someday, I actually think he was underrated. That said, Lee Evans on those Bills teams would have just been sick. I'm not saying he is already better than Andre, and there are some things he will never be better at. But IMO, on the Kelly teams and offense, Lee Evans would have been unstoppable.

I couldn't agree more and that is because he would have been that team's James Lofton. He would have had Andre Reed to do all the "dirty work" over the middle. Which I guess makes my point.

I couldn't agree more and that is because he would have been that team's James Lofton. He would have had Andre Reed to do all the "dirty work" over the middle. Which I guess makes my point.

No, he's Andre Reed in this scenario. If Evans replaced Reed, and played alongside Lofton and Beebe and the TEs and Thurman and with Kelly throwing, he would have been a TD machine. He's isn't nearly as strong as Reed and didn't have the YAC ability, but his enormous talent in open space, and ability to go get a deep ball while it is in the air, and his crisp route running with the wide open field and offense they used, IMO, he would have been more productive than even Reed was. meaning yards and TDs, probably not total receptions.

Guest dog14787
Personally, I disagree with the Evans critism. He has quitely caught damn near everything throw his way so far (3 to 15 yd patterns) and shown toughness through them. The big plays get the hi-lites but he's playing very well all around IMO and yes, he's a 'Big 3'! I think Lynch is the beastmode we need to earn playoff spots late but as you say, the OL isn't getting him to the second level anywhere near good enough. Edwards is the key IMO, and he's shown WAAAAAY more than I anticipated and I loved the guy from the first preseason game he played in last year.

I think we have the makings of a GREAT Big 3, though it may take another year to bear out.

You said it all rather well :rolleyes:

In today's NFL, I don't think it is the BIG 3 anymore, I think it is the Big 4... possibly Big 5. The backup runningback is becoming critically important and makes the 4th (we got a winner in Jackson). The argument for the fifth of the Big 5 is the TIGHT END! That's one thing I think the Bills will need to think about getting... unless they have him already, who knows

You're trying to talk about the 5 most important offensive positions and you don't include the offensive tackle on the QB's blindside? Peters' success this season will be waaay more important than Fred Jackson's.

You're trying to talk about the 5 most important offensive positions and you don't include the offensive tackle on the QB's blindside? Peters' success this season will be waaay more important than Fred Jackson's.

Anyone who knows anything about football all agree that the O-line is the most important component in any offense, that's why the question was stated as the "Big 3 Skill Position Players".

If this O-line doesn't come around and start opening holes for the RB's and giving Edwards the protection he needs it won't matter.

I want to know what the consensus is for the fans on Edwards\Evans\Lynch.