My Apology Thread

gregkash

I'd like to take this time to apologize to Rian Lindell...

After the Pittsburgh game all those years ago, when you missed that field goal... I blamed the Bills missing the playoffs solely on you. I recall calling you "Cryin" Lindell.

Forgive me... you are a great kicker. If we are in the Superbowl with the game on the line, let's say, for a 47 yard field goal in Tampa Bay against a Bill Parcells led Giants team, I'll trust that your kick will split the uprights...

Wait... do I have to apologize to Norwood now??

No, but you owe everyone on this board an apology from bringing it up..... :rolleyes:

This coaching staff was also well ahead of the curve on the most important position on the team-Quarterback.

They saw that Trent Edwards was a special player in camp last year and recognized that he was the long term answer. Now even though I've disparaged JP many times, most just in anger over the JP is better than Trent reactions of other posters last year & some still through pre-season, this staff realized that while JP may be a decent NFL QB, good enough to start somewhere else, if you have the opportunity to replace good with great, you do it every time. Two things I see from the QB decision. 1)Trent would have been the starter this year whether JP had gotten hurt or not last year in NE. 2) The staff feels that if Trent were to go down, JP is capable enough to keep this year's team going forward. They did not go out and sign a Cleo Lemon for big backup $ when they could have done something like this & just dump JP.

I've always said that the coaches (yes even Gregg Williams & Mike Mularkey) see these players every day & know a lot more about them than any of us and to question their decisions to the point of being angry at them is done so from a position of ignorance-no matter how close one follows the team. Not giving a young player more playing time usually means the guy isn't ready yet or the guy above him on the depth chart is better at this point and gives the team a better chance to win now.

Not true. He has been clutch for a couple of years now. I have to head to work so I don't have time to look it up right now but the guy has been either #1 or #2 on this team in the last two seasons as far as catching a pass for a first down.

That still isn't saying a lot. And he certainly wasn't clutch in years past. That's why I think that he doesn't deserve an apology. The criticism against him, I feel, was justified.

Now, I do want to say that I think he is one of the main reasons(of which there are many) our offense has been so successful this year. He has made many receptions that kept drives going that in the past, he didn't make.

I have a few people I was wrong about. That I feel I need to apologize to.

Josh Reed - I'm sorry I never appreciated you. It's just that, all the drops when you were younger, I literally thought you contributed nothing. I'm older and wiser now, and I appreciate all you do. Whether it is blocking downfield or making a clutch catch. I am sorry I thought ill of you, and I would like you to know that I value your contribution to the team.

Terrence McGee - I did not appreciate you either T-Mac. In fact, my Bills Backers organization used to say that the only route a wide receiver had to know to beat you was the "Run at Terrence McGee and turn." Again, in my Ignorance, I judged you prematurely and severely underestimated the importance of your special teams play. I am happy you are still a Bill and was wrong about you being a liability in coverage. I hope in time you can forgive me.

Dick Jauron - When it was time for the Bills to hire a new coach, I threw my lot behind Jim Haslett. I know, I was stupid. I did not think much of you, and in fact I thought your 13-3 record as a coach of Chicago was a major fluke. Now I know how wrong I was about you. If it wasn't for your guidance, our troops would not be starting to blossom as they are. I apologize for questioning the decision to hire you.

I Can certainly agree to some degree with Josh and Terrance both have been pretty good players. . I am not that eager to agree on Jauron his 13-3 season is based on an equivalent schedule he has this year. I posted Jauron stats some time ago He has an unbeleivable win record against teams .500 and below something like + 80% win percentage and a Horrific win record against teams above .500 something like -20% . until the Dick can prove he can beat real teams I will not offer any apologies. Yes he has a 4-0 team against a combine what 4-12 (estimate) record. The 4th Qtr has been the best qtr to watch outscoring teams somethink like 44-10 I heard today on Mike and Mike that means the other 3 qtrs combine we out scored them 63-57 not to promising. He needs to learn how to come out and take the game play to win. The only time he seems to play well is in the 4th QTR when we are down by 2 scores and He has no choice but to be aggressive. A good coach knows when to take care of the weakness. He still hasnt addressed the fact that STL copied OAK and blitz the hell of out of Trent in the First half of the games rest assured we should see the same from ARZ and anyoneelse after that if we dont show we will beat you on the BLitz.

I will hold any apologies until he proves he can be a playoff team coach and beat playoff team coaches!!

But I am enjoying our beautiful start and I am anticipating based on schedule and Jaurons Chicago year at least 12-4 this season with a bye! Not too much after that though.

This coaching staff was also well ahead of the curve on the most important position on the team-Quarterback.

They saw that Trent Edwards was a special player in camp last year and recognized that he was the long term answer. Now even though I've disparaged JP many times, most just in anger over the JP is better than Trent reactions of other posters last year & some still through pre-season, this staff realized that while JP may be a decent NFL QB, good enough to start somewhere else, if you have the opportunity to replace good with great, you do it every time. Two things I see from the QB decision. 1)Trent would have been the starter this year whether JP had gotten hurt or not last year in NE. 2) The staff feels that if Trent were to go down, JP is capable enough to keep this year's team going forward. They did not go out and sign a Cleo Lemon for big backup $ when they could have done something like this & just dump JP.

I've always said that the coaches (yes even Gregg Williams & Mike Mularkey) see these players every day & know a lot more about them than any of us and to question their decisions to the point of being angry at them is done so from a position of ignorance-no matter how close one follows the team. Not giving a young player more playing time usually means the guy isn't ready yet or the guy above him on the depth chart is better at this point and gives the team a better chance to win now.

I wont go into the JP vs Trent but what they saw in Trent was a perfect fit to their offensive scheme. Dink and dunk and move methodically down the field take few chances and create litte turnovers. JP will be a starter on another team tahts plays a little more aggressive and utilizes the mobility and talents of JP. As much as some hate him or even as much as some hate or Like Favre. JP reminds me soo much of favre and he will do good on another team. Trent has started to grow on me especially his abilty to stay calm when the game is on the line I like that. But to sau Trent Is a Great player i wouldnt quite say that yet he still has to prove he can play in the conditions of Buffalo, NY, and NE he has not impressed me in that area yet. He is definatley a dome, fair to great day good QB. Id like to see him get better. Again, Trent is the best for this offense hes a perfect fit. I guess it really depends on what you like. Personally I like the gunslingers and Trent is more of a sharp shooter and if thats our QB for years to come I will have to adjust, but so far he has been pretty good for a kid in his first full stint as a starter.

I could not agree more, this is a great point. I really feel like the current coaching staff has their proverbial finger on the pulse of this team better than anything we've had here in some time. They always seem to make the right roster moves, I could definitely see how their "in game" coaching could have been called out, but the preparation has always been top notch.

I wont go into the JP vs Trent but what they saw in Trent was a perfect fit to their offensive scheme. Dink and dunk and move methodically down the field take few chances and create litte turnovers. JP will be a starter on another team tahts plays a little more aggressive and utilizes the mobility and talents of JP. As much as some hate him or even as much as some hate or Like Favre. JP reminds me soo much of favre and he will do good on another team. Trent has started to grow on me especially his abilty to stay calm when the game is on the line I like that. But to sau Trent Is a Great player i wouldnt quite say that yet he still has to prove he can play in the conditions of Buffalo, NY, and NE he has not impressed me in that area yet. He is definatley a dome, fair to great day good QB. Id like to see him get better. Again, Trent is the best for this offense hes a perfect fit. I guess it really depends on what you like. Personally I like the gunslingers and Trent is more of a sharp shooter and if thats our QB for years to come I will have to adjust, but so far he has been pretty good for a kid in his first full stint as a starter.

To bad your dink & dunk/gunslinger theory holds no water when it comes to comparing Edwards/Losman. Edwards has thrown for 200yrds or more in 9 out of his 13 starts or a 70% clip. Your gunslinger Losman? Losman has thrown for 200yrds or more in 9 out of his 31 starts or a 29% clip. Some gunslinger. You should go ahead & route for another team egghead.