MClem06

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My reply:

Toronto Bills? Gimme a break, man.

It's like joking about the Milwaukee Packers or the Sacramento 49'ers.

You're messing with an institution buddy.

Booooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!

*hiss*

The guy had the balls to write back:

Ha. I'm not messing with the institution. I don't have the power to move NFL home games to neutral sites. You guys lost a freaking home game. You only get 8 of those...I don't get it.

And I countered with:

You make it sound like a foregone conclusion the Bills are actually moving to Toronto due to the fact that the fan base in Buffalo totally sucks! Since the 2000 season we haven't sold out only a handful of games (something like 8). Where else in the league can that be said with similar losing records? Jacksonville has to cover up seats to "sell out" to have their home games broadcast locally. Nobody is making light of this and they should!!!

Tony Romo was actually awed by the Buffalo experience last year and said no other place was like it in the NFL. Remember, we don't artificially create noise like so many other teams do (the Vikings being so notorious for this).

There is a passion in WNY that can't be measured but is envied throughout professional football.

I wouldn't nail this guy for writing "Toronto Bills" because it's inaccurate. I would do it because it's a lame joke made by lazy writers.

(Yes, you too Bill Simmons. Making a Toronto joke everytime you talk about a Bills game is mailing it in like your old friend Dan Shaughnessy.)

That's what I'm saying, too.