ESPN power rankings VERY HONEST!

NavyBillsFan

Sorry but the power rankings in the past has always had the undefeateds higher than anyone with a loss. Its a little skewed in my opinion.

The Eagles' sole loss was to the Cowboys, and the Eagles really gave them a run for their money. The Bills have two wins against teams suffering numerous injuries (Seattle and Jacksonville) as well as a last second win over the Oakland Raiders. I think this is a good Bills team, but (despite our undefeated record) I could easily see why some might think the Eagles had shown more than we have, at this point in the season.

At this point, I'm focused on whether the Bills can overcome the shortcomings they exhibited in the Oakland game. Can the offensive line avoid being flat-out dominated, as it had been for most of the Oakland game? Can the offense as a whole be more productive than it was for most of that game? Are the big chunks of rushing yardage we gave up to the Raiders early on a fluke, or should we be worried about them as a sign of bad things to come?

I'm not too worried about these things though. Whichever weaknesses don't get fixed during the season can always be addressed in the upcoming draft. This is a young team with a bright future. It already has a big opportunity to do good things this year, and I suspect that opportunity will only become bigger over the next 2 - 3 years. :nana:

they seem to have really improved this year. I think it's because they are having the writers who focus in on each division. like Tim Graham for the AFC East, churn it out. It makes a big difference when you have people that are actually paying attention to every team.

I trust Vic's opinion more than ESPN.

I think the wins over Seattle & Jacksonville are looking better in some people's minds.

god, Vic is so the man. Him, Jim Kelley, Jerry Sullivan, Gaughan, Allen Wilson, "Legendary" Larry Felser...

Buff News has been blessed with some legit journalists over the years, I don't know if anyone truly appreciates that

i've lived in new orleans for the past few years so I go through Buffalo News withdrawals sometimes sorry

I trust Vic's opinion more than ESPN.

I think the wins over Seattle & Jacksonville are looking better in some people's minds.

Honestly, as time passes, and jacksonville and Seattle get back on track, and I'm pretty confident they will, those wins will look that much better.

make no mistake about these power rankings... San diego, J'ville, Indy, and the Patriots are still nothing to sneeze at, and after seing San Diego make the J E T S (bretts, bretts, bretts) look everything like a 4-12 team should look, I won't be at all surprised to see them in the top 5 by this season's 1/2 way point.

IMO as always.

Have us at #6 but the Titans at #4...

We are above the Broncos though

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/powerranking...2008&week=4

As we should be. I said it last year and I'm not changing my mind yet . Cutler is OVER RATED.

Speaking of OVER RATED.. Where's Derek Anderson?

The Putz are below us!!! LOL

Dr Z won't lower the Pats beneath Buffalo. He will when Matty Ice freezes again.