True Blood

RayFinkle

I have watched all the episodes so far. The first show seemed a bit cheesy, but interesting. I expect a lot from HBO. IMO, the first few shows are not on par with the likes of the Sopranos, the Wire, deadwood, Entourage, or even Big Love.

They have a built in audience for vampires, but with that comes high expectations for a quality show.

I like it so far, but they defiantly need to tone down the overly cheesy things.

Tru Blood is great so far. I am an Entourage fan but it has sucked ass this year. they need to figure something out and quick.

Entourage has sucked ass for the last 2.5 years.

Ep 1: Boys wake up. Johnny's making breakfast. Turtle's taking bong rips. In one (sometimes half) line of dialogue the cliff hanger from the previous episode is resolved. Plot. Plot twist. Cliff hanger.

Ep 2: Boys wake up. Johnny's making breakfast. Turtle's taking bong rips. In one (sometimes half) line of dialogue the cliff hanger from the previous episode is resolved. Plot. Plot twist. Cliff hanger.

Ep 3: Boys wake up. Johnny's making breakfast. Turtle's taking bong rips. In one (sometimes half) line of dialogue the cliff hanger from the previous episode is resolved. Plot. Plot twist. Cliff hanger.

Ep 4: Boys wake up. Johnny's making breakfast. Turtle's taking bong rips. In one (sometimes half) line of dialogue the cliff hanger from the previous episode is resolved. Plot. Plot twist. Cliff hanger.

and so on...

Entourage has sucked ass for the last 2.5 years.

Ep 1: Boys wake up. Johnny's making breakfast. Turtle's taking bong rips. In one (sometimes half) line of dialogue the cliff hanger from the previous episode is resolved. Plot. Plot twist. Cliff hanger.

Ep 2: Boys wake up. Johnny's making breakfast. Turtle's taking bong rips. In one (sometimes half) line of dialogue the cliff hanger from the previous episode is resolved. Plot. Plot twist. Cliff hanger.

Ep 3: Boys wake up. Johnny's making breakfast. Turtle's taking bong rips. In one (sometimes half) line of dialogue the cliff hanger from the previous episode is resolved. Plot. Plot twist. Cliff hanger.

Ep 4: Boys wake up. Johnny's making breakfast. Turtle's taking bong rips. In one (sometimes half) line of dialogue the cliff hanger from the previous episode is resolved. Plot. Plot twist. Cliff hanger.

and so on...

...and your point is?

...and your point is?

For an HBO show, the writing is hurrendous, and they've completely disposed of the notion of a season-spanning plot arc, even though sometimes they'll spend several episodes on a "dillema," it's always resolved (for the viewer) in a dismissive line of dialogue.

Not impressed.

For an HBO show, the writing is hurrendous, and they've completely disposed of the notion of a season-spanning plot arc, even though sometimes they'll spend several episodes on a "dillema," it's always resolved (for the viewer) in a dismissive line of dialogue.

Not impressed.

I 100% disagree with this. It's simply not true (about the abandoning season long arcs).

Season 1 revolved around E becoming the manager rather than just a glorified gopher.

Season 2 revolved around whether or not Vinnie was going to do (and eventually stay) in Aquaman.

Season 3 (sucked due to the odd break) but part A focused on Vince's struggles with and eventual firing/rehiring of Ari due to complications w/ Mediallian.

Season 4 revolved 100% around Mediallian and the guys taking this huge risk to shoot a movie themselves (and the aftermath.

Season 5 so far has been excellent. Every episode has dealt 2 fold with Vinnie trying to repair his image and E trying to fix his -- and both seem to be heading towards a mutual solution with 9 Brave Souls ...

There's always been a meta season arc for every season BUT for the first 4 episodes of season 1.

I 100% disagree with this. It's simply not true (about the abandoning season long arcs).

Season 1 revolved around E becoming the manager rather than just a glorified gopher.

Season 2 revolved around whether or not Vinnie was going to do (and eventually stay) in Aquaman.

Season 3 (sucked due to the odd break) but part A focused on Vince's struggles with and eventual firing/rehiring of Ari due to complications w/ Mediallian.

Season 4 revolved 100% around Mediallian and the guys taking this huge risk to shoot a movie themselves (and the aftermath.

Season 5 so far has been excellent. Every episode has dealt 2 fold with Vinnie trying to repair his image and E trying to fix his -- and both seem to be heading towards a mutual solution with 9 Brave Souls ...

There's always been a meta season arc for every season BUT for the first 4 episodes of season 1.

Sorry, broski. Not how I see it. Not budgin' on this one. Hate that sh--.

I watched the first two (my gf like that vampire sh--) and honestly, it is exactly what I thought it was going to be...another pretentious Allan Ball production. I will be watching Sunday Night Football in the bedroom for an hour, the next 10 Sundays or so...

I can't quite put my finger on it why True Blood sucks so bad. There's definitely a cheesiness factor. And not a fun campy horror cheesiness like you would hope for in a show about vampires. It's a cheap, poorly done cheesiness. Some scenes are so terrible, it's like an R-rated Mentos commercial.