Kiffin blew the clock?

I was shocked he didn't start calling timeouts once we got even in extreme field goal range. We would have played it differently and still been able to run most of it out, but I've never seen a coach just sit there and not give himself a chance to get the ball back at all. He did attempt to call a timeout just before the kick, but was too late and the ref wouldn't give it to him since he tried to call it basically as the ball was snapped

(BTW that now discouraged practice of the very last second timeout led me to not enjoy the moment of last kick nearly as much as i should have at the game since I thought he might have to do it again)

When you are winning a game in the NFL, almost every single coach will make the decision to let the clock run down instead of using their timeouts. If you're winning there is no reason to give the team trying to retake the lead a breather or more time to decide what they are going to do.

hmm, well we ran the last minute and a half off intentionally so they couldn't get it back. Why would they want no time when the other team is already in fieldgoal range? The more plays the other team has in that area the worse for that team since they could have some kind of big mistake and blow the chance at the kick.

I remember hearing last night that he tried to call a timeout to ice Lindell but it was too late and the ref didnt give it to him

its pretty obvious Al is doing everything he can to try and mkae Kiffin resign rather then fire him and have to pay him...I hope Kiffin rides it out

I still don't understand why they threw a low-percentage pass on 3rd and 10 with 2:30 left. Odds were they weren't getting a first down, so why not run the ball and take it down to the two-minute warning (since we were going to keep our last timeout)? As it was, the clock stopped, they punted, and we got the ball with a timeout PLUS the two-minute warning.

hmm, well we ran the last minute and a half off intentionally so they couldn't get it back. Why would they want no time when the other team is already in fieldgoal range? The more plays the other team has in that area the worse for that team since they could have some kind of big mistake and blow the chance at the kick.

On 3rd and 6, Bills ran the clock down from :28 and kicked, Raiders had two times-out remaining. Raiders call a time out at :28, Bills run one up the middle, Raiders call another time out, Bills kick on 4th and whatever, and Raiders get the kickoff with some :20 left and down by 1. Or the Bills score a touchdown on a 3rd and 6 play, and the Raiders get the ball back with some :20 left and two timeouts, needing a touchdown to win.

There's just no way it doesn't benefit the Raiders to use their last two times-out. The only theory I've heard so far that makes any sort of sense is that Kiffin is trying to get fired.