The Guardian advocates assassination....

Proud day across the pond for the Guardian. This anti-Bush editorial is positively sickening.

Lovely that major newspapers publish stuff like this.

Money Quote:

On November 2, the entire civilised world will be praying, praying Bush loses. And Sod's law dictates he'll probably win, thereby disproving the existence of God once and for all. The world will endure four more years of idiocy, arrogance and unwarranted bloodshed, with no benevolent deity to watch over and save us. John Wilkes Booth, Lee Harvey Oswald, John Hinckley Jr - where are you now that we need you?

Thats by far and away the most disgusting thing Ive ever seen. Every American should be outraged over such talk, regardless of who s/he is voting for.

And to think...Im a "close-minded" ugly American because I choose to not buy French wine.

Is that the same "civilized" world that ignored the butchering in the Balkans, allowed about a million Iraqis to die while the UN and her nations were stealing money, and is currently ignoring genocide in Africa?

If that's the case, :I starred in Brokeback Mountain: civilized world.

Proud day across the pond for the Guardian.  This anti-Bush editorial is positively sickening.

Lovely that major newspapers publish stuff like this.

Money Quote:

81816[/snapback]

That wasn't actually an editorial. It was an opinion piece by Charlie Brooker (whoever he is?).

Here is Charlie Brooker's e-mail address

charlie.brooker@zeppotron.com

and the guardian

reader@guardian.uk.com

82157[/snapback]

I'll prolly say worse stuff, so he's not worth the time......lol......I did contact the FBI.....gave them the URL. Who knows what happens. I've contacted the FBI before when people have let their loose lips sinks ships.....when they advocated assassination. Bush should say to Brooker....."You can run, but you can't hide!"

LOL

:doh:

Guest RabidBillsFanVT

You picked out ONE article in which the guy writing it and the paper publishing it are obviously going WAY too far in this case, beyond any sort of decency.

You should read many of the OTHER articles on the subject, as well as the ones that explain why Blair is going down the tubes, on his way to oblivion for backing the wrong horse.

Here's the response from the Guardian:

Guardian response

I don't really want to get involved in all this, but I will say that this article appeared in the Guide which is basically the weekly TV guide that comes with Saturday's edition. Brookers column (which I don't normally bother to read which is why I couldn't remember who he was) is normally a sarcastic review of the week's tv and the tone of the article is fairly typical of the column.

Here's the response from the Guardian:

Guardian response

I don't really want to get involved in all this, but I will say that this article appeared in the Guide which is basically the weekly TV guide that comes with Saturday's edition. Brookers column (which I don't normally bother to read which is why I couldn't remember who he was) is normally a sarcastic review of the week's tv and the tone of the article is fairly typical of the column.

84055[/snapback]

That's kinda like saying, "whoops I forgot to turn off the reactor" at Chernobyl.

Is that the same "civilized" world that ignored the butchering in the Balkans, allowed about a million Iraqis to die while the UN and her nations were stealing money, and is currently ignoring genocide in Africa?

If that's the case,  :I starred in Brokeback Mountain:  civilized world.

81832[/snapback]

and Kerry wants the UN MORE INVOLVED ! I want them disbanded ! Obvious thieves without any care for their fellow man.

Pass another Toilet Paper resolution, UN. :I starred in Brokeback Mountain:

and Kerry wants the UN MORE INVOLVED !  I want them disbanded !  Obvious thieves without any care for their fellow man.

Pass another Toilet Paper resolution, UN.  :I starred in Brokeback Mountain:

84140[/snapback]

Scary, isn't it? Now, what is Kerry going to do to get the UN to actually do something.

Look at Haiti - Failure (Slow to react, still has not provided the troops promised)

Look at the Sudan - Failure (Passed a meaningless resolution asking for atrocities to stop, waiting to see if anyone listens)

Look at North Korea - Failure (failed to even address the issue)

Look at the Congo - Failure (Sent in peacekeeping troops, but did not allow them to carry weapons into conflict areas)

This is just the last four years. This does not include Iraq.

You picked out ONE article in which the guy writing it and the paper publishing it are obviously going WAY too far in this case, beyond any sort of decency.

You should read many of the OTHER articles on the subject, as well as the ones that explain why Blair is going down the tubes, on his way to oblivion for backing the wrong horse.

84006[/snapback]

As an aside, you mention TR in your Avatar line. Have you ever looked up TR's human rights positions? Were you aware that considered genocide of the American Indians to be an honorable and worthy cause? Let alone people of other nations and races. Do a little reading on our activities in the Phillipines.

Just curious.

As an aside, you mention TR in your Avatar line. Have you ever looked up TR's human rights positions? Were you aware that considered genocide of the American Indians to be an honorable and worthy cause? Let alone people of other nations and races. Do a little reading on our activities in the Phillipines.

Just curious.

84212[/snapback]

Our war in the Philipines.....not our best showing as a country.