Poz

BeastMode54

just saw a highlight of that play. Man, I love Poz, but I have no idea how he didn't bat that away. It looks like it took more effort not to deflect it than to do so

A great deal of TD passes are 1 inch away from being knocked down or intercepted. Time after time, after seeing replays, I wonder how in the world the pass got through the defender.

he took the blame for the long TD after the game - being inches out of position can cost you. I trust Poz to learn from every one of his mistakes.

Poz will be fine he wasnt really so much out of position as it was a perfect throw its a game of inches.

Sorry. But the mistake was definitely on Ko Simpson on that play, IMO. He is the FS and its his job to take the proper angle to insure there is no TD. Doesn't matter if Poz bats it or not, the FS plays the angle to stop the td. Ko just took a bad angle. Maybe he is still a little rusty, or still learning on the job, but i dont blame Poz....

you could make the argument that Witner is equally to blame if we were in the cover 2 which I believe we were. The cover 2 is supposed to prevent long plays, not give them up.

Sorry. But the mistake was definitely on Ko Simpson on that play, IMO. He is the FS and its his job to take the proper angle to insure there is no TD. Doesn't matter if Poz bats it or not, the FS plays the angle to stop the td. Ko just took a bad angle. Maybe he is still a little rusty, or still learning on the job, but i dont blame Poz....

you could make the argument that Witner is equally to blame if we were in the cover 2 which I believe we were. The cover 2 is supposed to prevent long plays, not give them up.

It was both, Zona. Poz should have drilled Higgins and not gone for the ball. Simpson took a bad angle to the play. Ko doesn't need to be there if Poz makes the proper play. So they both get the lash, as far as I'm concerned.

While it wasn't his coverage, Whitner also took a bad angle to the WR (something you rarely see from Donte). It was a perfect storm of mistakes (and a great throw) that lead to the TD.