The Bills Are Finally a TEAM!!

Steely Dan

Link

The Bills’ offense had run one last play in an amazing fourth quarter, a run by Marshawn Lynch, before turning matters over to the field goal unit with three ticks on the clock. As Rian Lindell swung his right leg, preparing for the big kick, his teammates took a knee and began linking arms on the sideline.

“You can’t put all the blame on the quarterback when the guys up front don’t block,” left guard Derrick Dockery said. “You have to put that on us. We have to give him a pocket where he feels secure, where he feels calm, where he doesn’t have to feel like people are coming all the way around him.”

“I’ve said this all season,” said defensive end Chris Kelsay, “Trent is mature beyond his years. You’d never guess he’s a second-year quarterback, because he’s got complete control of his huddle, and he has the respect of the entire team. It’s good to have a quarterback like that.”

:rolleyes::):lol:

This only bodes well for the future!!

As Rian Lindell swung his right leg, preparing for the big kick, his teammates took a knee and began linking arms on the sideline

I was going to post this as well if I found a link to the picture, but I didn't even look. I noticed it at the game a line of almost all the Bills taking a knee and linking arms. It reminded me of the SB, which in turn scared the crap out of me as RL was taking the field. But really a great show of unity...

I was going to post this as well if I found a link to the picture, but I didn't even look. I noticed it at the game a line of almost all the Bills taking a knee and linking arms. It reminded me of the SB, which in turn scared the crap out of me as RL was taking the field. But really a great show of unity...

In the article it says Levy was looking down watching and it reminded him of the game in TB. The fact that the D and O aren't blaming each other for things that go wrong and instead back each other up and they are all behind Trent is soooooo cool it's really a fantastic sign for the future!!!

I was standing in the stands as Lindell lined up, my legs were shaking, my knees about to buckle at any moment, I thought I was gonna puke. I was so elated when he nailed it.

And yeah, Edwards was so calm and unflappable. He must have ice water in his veins! He's the guy.

It is great that we are winning the close games now, compared to last year that had a lot of tough losses. I think the future for this team is looking better.

It is great that we are winning the close games now, compared to last year that had a lot of tough losses. I think the future for this team is looking better.

An old Marv Levy axiom is that good teams win the close ones. What's especially cool about these wins is that they are coming very early in TE's career.

His coolness under pressure reminds me of Montana's. Montana was cool as hell and he never stepped on the field without believing he would win and TE seems to have the same attitude.

It's very early in his career to say but he looks like he does his best work coming back from a deficit.

A thought on "close games": It's nice to win a couple, but there is something to be said for how the game got to be close in the first place.

People didn't want to hear this last year (and maybe you still don't) - but you're a lousy team when you score a defensive TD, special teams TD, have a +5 turnover edge, and you don't have the game won after 3 quarters. From that standpoint I never felt like we "should've won" the Dallas or to a lesser extent the Denver game.

We actually have won some close, evenly played games in the last couple years, but we never would've been in a position to win them if we ever got outplayed on special teams & were -2 in turnovers as we were Sunday. We needed a fluke fumble return by McGee to keep the Indy game close a couple years ago, but we didn't need that in Jacksonville this year.

Likewise, I don't think we have to worry about recovering an onside kick to preserve a win if this team we have right now gets a bunch of gifts from Romo or whoever.

The '08 Bills are just better on both sides of the ball (not just "more clutch"). If we start getting some of those breaks that we got in previous years but did not get in the last 2 weeks, there ought to be a home playoff game.

A thought on "close games": It's nice to win a couple, but there is something to be said for how the game got to be close in the first place.

People didn't want to hear this last year (and maybe you still don't) - but you're a lousy team when you score a defensive TD, special teams TD, have a +5 turnover edge, and you don't have the game won after 3 quarters. From that standpoint I never felt like we "should've won" the Dallas or to a lesser extent the Denver game.

We actually have won some close, evenly played games in the last couple years, but we never would've been in a position to win them if we ever got outplayed on special teams & were -2 in turnovers as we were Sunday. We needed a fluke fumble return by McGee to keep the Indy game close a couple years ago, but we didn't need that in Jacksonville this year.

Likewise, I don't think we have to worry about recovering an onside kick to preserve a win if this team we have right now gets a bunch of gifts from Romo or whoever.

The '08 Bills are just better on both sides of the ball. If we start getting some of those breaks that we got in previous years but did not get in the last 2 weeks, there ought to be a home playoff game.

The best part is that every week they seem to be learning something from the previous week. It's as slow process but it the future looks bright.

It's funny -- I was so focused on Lindell that I didn't even notice what was taking place on the sideline behind him. Never knew about it until reading Sully's column this morning, in fact.

And then, I turned to the back page of the sports section ...

http://www.buffalonews.com/galleries/gallery/444878.html

(can't link to the picture, but it's image 15 of 23)

Take a look. Now, imagine that photo spread across a full page of a newspaper.

Hate to be premature, kids, but I think something special is beginning to happen with this team.

It's funny -- I was so focused on Lindell that I didn't even notice what was taking place on the sideline behind him. Never knew about it until reading Sully's column this morning, in fact.

Hate to be premature, kids, but I think something special is beginning to happen with this team.

That picture is awesome!! It wouldn't let me download it though. :w00t:

I say this extremely nervously but I agree with you Lori. It really looks like Levy and the FO have put together a winner. The fact that McKelvin and Hardy are being used sparingly, just because they can be, is testament to the depth on this team and that gives these kids a chance to grow slowly. (in my best Martha Stewart) and that's a good thing. :w00t:

here's the pic

what's amazing to me, beyond the good play of the home team, is that Sully is suddenly Mr. Positive in the last few weeks. He has done nothing but trash this team for years, so it's good that he has nice things to say about the Bills for a change.

He talked about that on his GR appearance this afternoon, saying, "Hey, go back and look at all 19 years" that he's been here, and you'd find plenty of positive pieces. (My take: people probably don't remember a lot of his writing during the playoff years, before he became the lead columnist.) Said it's fun to write stories like the one that ran today.

And to be honest, there was plenty to trash the team about in the last few years.

By the way, thanks for digging up that link.

He talked about that on his GR appearance this afternoon, saying, "Hey, go back and look at all 19 years" that he's been here, and you'd find plenty of positive pieces. (My take: people probably don't remember a lot of his writing during the playoff years, before he became the lead columnist.) Said it's fun to write stories like the one that ran today.

And to be honest, there was plenty to trash the team about in the last few years.

By the way, thanks for digging up that link.

you're right, he's just been more negative than most everyone else.

yw, if you right-click on (almost any) thumbnail, there's a choice to Copy the Shortcut, or Copy The Link Location...

Guess nobody told Schobel or Kelsey what was going on...

They were having trouble breaking thru the line. :devil::huh::doh:

Truthfully, the Bills are putting a big smile on my face every Sunday so far. What I'd like to see now is them HAMMER a bad team like the Rams. Not let them stay in a game but crush them so badly that JP plays the fourth quarter and Fred Jackson gets 50 carries in the 4th just to run out the clock. I'm talking a 4 TD, 300+ yard performance from the Truth.