Has Schobel been MIA this year?

fbzh2

Holy Crap!!! :w00t: I thought Mitchell was gonna punch his girly face in....

Schoebl's standing there saying.. I don't have it any more. Mitchells telling him to shut up and he responds. I'm just sayin', I'm trying to deal with it myself, the whole time Mitchell's telling him to shut up.

WOW! There's a guy you want to go to war with :w00t:

My opinion of Schoebel was changed by that one video clip. If thats the approach he takes to the game. I don't want him out there. Cripes!!!

WOW, that does not sound good at all.... :w00t:

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You can't tell the context of his remarks. Maybe...just maybe he's joking around? Maybe, being teammates, they get along well enough to be able to do that from time to time? Ridiculous thought, I know.

Edit...

And if you watch the games you'd notice him...he's been playing quite well despite the lack of meaningless "kudos" from Don Criqui and Dan Fouts.

Holy Crap!!! :w00t: I thought Mitchell was gonna punch his girly face in....

Schoebl's standing there saying.. I don't have it any more. Mitchells telling him to shut up and he responds. I'm just sayin', I'm trying to deal with it myself, the whole time Mitchell's telling him to shut up.

WOW! There's a guy you want to go to war with :w00t:

My opinion of Schoebel was changed by that one video clip. If thats the approach he takes to the game. I don't want him out there. Cripes!!!

LOL!!! Yep, he's wired for sound, he knows he's wired for sound, and he also knows that how he acts and whatever he says is gonna be seen and heard by all the LOT's in the league...

Think People! THINK!!

You can't tell the context of his remarks. Maybe...just maybe he's joking around? Maybe, being teammates, they get along well enough to be able to do that from time to time? Ridiculous thought, I know.

I saw the segment, and I think you are on to something! :w00t:

I think Schobel was channeling his "inner Favre" (Madden says we all have one) and playing down how solid a game he was having...funny, I clicked on this thread, after distinctly thinking the last two weeks, how much better our DE's look with Stroud in the middle. They got handled a little by the Raiders yesterday, but still came up with some good plays...

My opinion of Schoebel was changed by that one video clip.

:w00t: :w00t: :w00t:

God forbid your opinion is affected by how he actually plays!

But hey, he didn't do anything yesterday.

Right?

Of course beating his man in .23 seconds and forcing the QB to chuck it away doesn't appear on the stat sheet and isn't mentioned by announcers. Which means none of you gurus saw it, it doesn't count and Schobel sucks. :lol:

Thanks and credit to Jack for the pic.

:w00t: :w00t: :w00t:

God forbid your opinion is affected by how he actually plays!

But hey, he didn't do anything yesterday.

Right?

Of course beating his man in .23 seconds and forcing the QB to chuck it away doesn't appear on the stat sheet and isn't mentioned by announcers. Which means none of you gurus saw it, it doesn't count and Schobel sucks. :lol:

Thanks and credit to Jack for the pic.

.23 seconds? That's one hell of a burst.

That one play (and bad link) aside, what did he do the rest of the game (against a backup LT)?

.23 seconds? That's one hell of a burst.

That one play (and bad link) aside, what did he do the rest of the game (against a backup LT)?

Completely stoned a Raiders running game that went berserk off-tackle last week?

Applied some back-side pressure in a defensive scheme that brought little to no extra pressure from its 'backers and DBs?

Protected Ellison from being devoured by the Raiders ground attack?

Effectively dropped into coverage on several occasions?

Helped hold the Raiders offense under a pathetic 250 yards?

Yeah he did all those things, just like he always does.

But I didn't see him get any sacks so he must not have done anything. :w00t:

And what's the problem with the link? Works fine for me.

Completely stoned a Raiders running game that went berserk off-tackle last week?

Applied some back-side pressure in a defensive scheme that brought little to no extra pressure from its 'backers and DBs?

You're right. He was a terror and a disruptive force yesterday. :w00t:

You're right. He was a terror and a disruptive force yesterday. :w00t:

No, you're right. He sucks so bad that the Raiders rushed for under 100 yards while their QB completed a total of 9 passes.

Maybe next week he'll notch a sack and the announcers will mention his name. With any luck your eagle eyes will notice him then. :w00t:

No, you're right. He sucks so bad that the Raiders rushed for under 100 yards while their QB completed a total of 9 passes.

Maybe next week he'll notch a sack and the announcers will mention his name. With any luck your eagle eyes will notice him then. :w00t:

My "eagle eyes" will be busy trying to detect his Usain Bolt-like speed.

.23 seconds .... :w00t:

Put words into my mouth, if it helps your argument, but I never said that Schobel "sucks". I just don't happen to have as high an opinion of his play as some here apparently do.

I do find it funny seeing you trot out stats (total yards allowed, rushing yards allowed, completions allowed), while at the same time, apparently dismissing sacks. Never mind the fact that the Raiders offense sucks....

The link gave me the following error message when I tried to use it:

> You don't have permission to access /servlet/Images/501532007/photos3794/2/1/55/73/94/6/694735501211_0_BG.jpg on this server.

Considering that the guy trying to block him is already flopping around on the ground before Russell has even hit his drop, how long do you think it took before the Tackle was actually beat?

.39 seconds?

Yeah, the nerve of me. :w00t:

My "eagle eyes" aren't trained to estimate the speed of objects moving at that rate. .23, .39....whatever makes you happy. I really don't care.

Again, where did I say that Schobel "sucks"? Are you going to post a link to this thread (again)?

My "eagle eyes" aren't trained to estimate the speed of objects moving at that rate. .23, .39....whatever makes you happy. I really don't care.

Again, where did I say that Schobel "sucks"? Are you going to post a link to this thread (again)?

And where did I say he "was a terror and a disruptive force"?

Which is precisely the post I linked to after you ironically accused me of putting words in your mouth.

The link gave me the following error message when I tried to use it:

> You don't have permission to access /servlet/Images/501532007/photos3794/2/1/55/73/94/6/694735501211_0_BG.jpg on this server.

I linked to the following:

http://images.kodakgallery.com/servlet/Ima...501211_0_BG.jpg

And it's working fine for me in both Mozilla and IE.

Perhaps your browser is truculent?

I linked to the following:

http://images.kodakgallery.com/servlet/Ima...501211_0_BG.jpg

And it's working fine for me in both Mozilla and IE.

Perhaps your browser is truculent?

Does that site need a login? Because I'm getting the same:

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /servlet/Images/501532007/photos3794/2/1/55/73/94/6/694735501211_0_BG.jpg on this server.

Apache/1.3.39 Server at upsa-im107.ofoto.com Port 80

And where did I say he "was a terror and a disruptive force"?

Which is precisely the post I linked to after you ironically accused me of putting words in your mouth.

Not exactly. Your link went to the first post in this thread.

You posted a laundry list of Schobel's "accomplishments" yesterday. My "terror" comment was in response to that.

Regardless of what his performance is this year, he is 31 years-old. He likely has already peaked and it will be down hill from here. Note to FO: start finding his replacement now, as he likely only has a couple of years left until he is just an old, average player who is making a ton of money (read: salary cap liability). Sorry for being so glass-is-half-full.