Anyone else scratching their head and Russell and the Raiders

ofiba

On the Raiders last drive, the Bills had one timeout left and there were about 3:30-4 minutes left in the game. The Raiders ran their 1st down play and the Bills did not call timeout. Instead of milking every single second off of the clock, the Raiders ended up snapping their next play without about 10 seconds left on the playclock. I couldn't believe it. In the end it didn't make a difference, but 10 seconds are HUGE in a 2 point game and I can't believe an NFL quarterback doesn't have the smarts to run that baby down to 1 before snapping the ball.

Just wanted to get that off my chest.

On the Raiders last drive, the Bills had one timeout left and there were about 3:30-4 minutes left in the game. The Raiders ran their 1st down play and the Bills did not call timeout. Instead of milking every single second off of the clock, the Raiders ended up snapping their next play without about 10 seconds left on the playclock. I couldn't believe it. In the end it didn't make a difference, but 10 seconds are HUGE in a 2 point game and I can't believe an NFL quarterback doesn't have the smarts to run that baby down to 1 before snapping the ball.

Home town crowd noise? Perhaps Russell saw a change in BUF's defensive pre-snap movement and took his best shot?

Russell scored a 3 on his Wonderlic test....enough said!

I didn't get that either, and the even crazier thing was that the raiders didn't use their time outs before the bills kicked the fg. After the bills got the first down that put them into comfortable fg range, if the raiders had used both of their timeouts, they still would've had about a minute left after the bills kicked their fg. If the bills had missed, the raiders still could've taken a knee because buffalo only had 1 time out left. Lane's clock management is very suspect.