Honestly, I thought the game was over ...

SoCal Pat

... when we dawdled our way to the line after the PI call when we should've known the Raiders were going to get a good look at a replay that would've allowed them to challenge.

Not once, but twice we were lined up, and a quick snap would've taken that option out of the equation. Given how difficult it was to move the ball to that point, I thought that was going to be a huge point in the game for us. The only play that got me more pissed off was the replay we lost.

Anyway, I figured at that point we were mentally brain dead and didn't take this game seriously. Boy, was I ever wrong. It's great to have faith in the QB and the offense and know that a 9-point defecit in the fourth quarter can be overcome. Trent Edwards is fantastic, and we made some great adjustments to help keep the Raiders off his back.

the bills were ready to snap and the refs blew the whistle but THERE WAS NO CHALLENGE........why did they blow the whistle?

after the confusion that lasted about 30 seconds to a minute, they wound the clock again and THEN the raiders challenged

yes, the bills should have done a quick snap and got the ball off both times, but the play shouldn't have been stopped the first time, giving the raiders tons of time to view the replays

overall, pretty poor day for the officials with a handful of blown calls

... when we dawdled our way to the line after the PI call when we should've known the Raiders were going to get a good look at a replay that would've allowed them to challenge.

Not once, but twice we were lined up, and a quick snap would've taken that option out of the equation. Given how difficult it was to move the ball to that point, I thought that was going to be a huge point in the game for us. The only play that got me more pissed off was the replay we lost.

Anyway, I figured at that point we were mentally brain dead and didn't take this game seriously. Boy, was I ever wrong. It's great to have faith in the QB and the offense and know that a 9-point defecit in the fourth quarter can be overcome. Trent Edwards is fantastic, and we made some great adjustments to help keep the Raiders off his back.

I don't think there can be any question beyond today that Trent Edwards is our Quarterback. The fact is, in other seasons, we would have gotten those horrid calls and the game would have been over. Yet, today we persevered. One moment that said more than anything else, was immediately after we scored the third touchdown and were down 23-21. They showed a shot of the bench and TE was sitting down for a second. Then, he got up and went to each of the defensive guys and started to rally the troops before the kick off. He acted like the leader we have been missing since Kelly left. The D went out and mauled the Raiders O that had been relatively successful running the ball to that point. Then TE did what he had to do and the TEAM pulled together, made the plays when they had to and won the game. This is the most excited I've been about this team in a long time.

Anyway, I figured at that point we were mentally brain dead and didn't take this game seriously. Boy, was I ever wrong.

i don't think you were wrong at all. both our lines got dominated for huge stretches of the game by a crappy team on our own field. they were either asleep at the wheel, or they're not that good to begin with. i am glad we won, but this was a pretty sobering dose of reality. don't be surprised to look up in 6 weeks and see us at 5-3. of course i hope i am wrong about that.

I'm not sure why anyone hasn't mentioned it yet, but performing in that heat in Jax last weekend could have led to the flat performance this week. It's not an excuse, but that was a tough game in the heat last week and these guys aren't robots.

I agree. Plus that was a huge emotional win on the road against a good team. I kind of expected a letdown game at home against a team the Bills were supposed to handle especially from a Bills team not used to success. Horrible starting field position for the offense didn't help either.

I'm glad to see this posted too - I was *pissed* they didn't snap the ball right away. Regardless of the confusion and official TO's - it was obvious the whole Oakland bench was going crazy about the call and they might force a review (and have an argument) - and there was plenty of opportunity to quickly snap the ball. It was such a critical play at that point - and if the Bills were right on top of it they could have snapped it right away and avoided the whole reversal easily. I think they messed that up badly.

That is actually something I think teams do a very poor job on a lot of times in games - if there's a call in your favor that might get reversed get up to the line *quick* and snap it before it can be reviewed.

I was thinking the same thing. That seemed badly managed in my opinion.

I was thinking the same thing. That seemed badly managed in my opinion.

It was not as worse as the Steelers going for the 4th and long rather than kicking a FG knowing that it was a 2-drive game. The steelers did not learn from their opponent from the previous week, the Browns, who did the opposite, wherein they went for the FG when they needed to go for a TD.