Optimism/Pessimism

GOBILLS78

Reasons for Bills fans to be optimistic this week:

1.) The Raiders' passing game is downright putrid.

2.) The Kiffin-Davis soap opera is a distraction.

3.) The Raiders' run game is beat up, with McFadden (turf toe) and Fargas (out) sporting injuries.

4.) Stroud is likely to show Gallery how the game of football is played. (Actually, their entire offensive line is average at VERY best.)

5.) The Bills are at home.

6.) Lynch will want to beat on the team he grew up with.

Reasons for Bills fans to be pessimistic this week:

1.) The Bills haven't won a Week 3 game since 1999.

2.) The Raiders' defense is no joke. Don't let the game against Denver fool you. They have talent and have proved it over the past few seasons.

3.) The Raiders will throw the kitchen sink. They have nothing to lose. Except more meaningless games.

4.) Nice week for a letdown.

I can't think of any more. Plus I have to go to work.

Bills 17, Raiders 16

3.) The Raiders' run game is beat up, with McFadden (turf toe) and Fargas (out) sporting injuries.

4.) Stroud is likely to show Gallery how the game of football is played. (Actually, their entire offensive line is average at VERY best.)

7.) Ashley Lelie is the raiders best WR option with Walker out.

8.) BRRRRRRRRUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCCCCCEEEEEEEEEEEE will get the crowd even more fired up.

2.) The Raiders' defense is no joke. Don't let the game against Denver fool you. They have talent and have proved it over the past few seasons.

3.) The Raiders will throw the kitchen sink. They have nothing to lose. Except more meaningless games.

5.) Defense, already formidible, may be rallying around DC Ryan making them even more dangerous.

Bills 17, Raiders 16

Good list! Added a couple.

Bills 17, Raiders 16

How about we have a better team them then & should win this game going away?

Bills 35

Raiders 14

This team has to prepare like it does every week "One Game At a Time Approach". Do I think the Bills can win? YES. Do I think the Raiders will lay down and quit? NO.

Raiders have a decent team. Ya just cant sleep on them. Cant take anyone lightly, and its great knowing we have a HC that can get the team prepared for what they are about to face.

Guest dog14787
I was reading a raiders blog that had him out. Definitely not a definitive source!

They should make toilet paper rolls with all the NFL teams on there except ours, that way we could wipe our butt with the whole league :thumbsup:

Here are the Raiders defensive rankings from the last 3 years...

year - yardage def rank - scoring def rank

2005 - 27 - 25

2006 -3 - 18

2007 - 22 - 26

Hardly "proven". More likely to be categorized as below average especially in the category of points(which is all that matters).